anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing  (Read 30739 times)

RNAGG

• Aerococus
Re: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2009, 01:19:26 AM »
Problem solved!

Thanks!

Falcon

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2009, 03:57:53 AM »
Hi,

A few of items so far which may be similar to others but the different explanations may help you correct the issues easier assuming they don't differ too much.

1. No 3D View selection from main menu at all on start up. 3d View menu option became available after selecting Map - Open/Save - New 2D Map.

2. 3d View - 3D View Settings brings up preferences but there are no setting specific to anything 3D that would be any different than the regular RB application.

3. Watched a B737 depart off CYYJ with ADS-B and there was no icon for the aircraft at all. The only way you could tell there was an aircraft was the ADS-B icon in the My Flights list and the 3D map tracked it.

4. When selecting different views with left click on the aircraft list in My Flights not all views are working. I could be more specific such as which ones but the whole app seems sluggish when you change anything related to 3D or it just doesn't change a view at all.

5. Top Down View - Aircraft icon on map disappears. This occurs after zooming in to a certain point. If you zoom back out the icon reappears.

Darryl

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:33:26 AM by Falcon »

abrad41

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2009, 08:59:32 AM »
Hi

Noticed this morning, if and when you  get the preferances box up - you cannot close it by "apply" then "ok". the only way to close it, is either "cancel" or "red cross".

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2009, 09:05:29 AM »
AirNav

One thing AirNav - Everytime I start Rb, I am getting the welcome screen, even after I untick the box for next time.

Also with this, when you click on the "Set your preferenecs" link, it goes to preferences window, but no settings for 3D

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2009, 10:43:38 AM »
Using the split screen

I can not see all the traffic in my area. Comparing the amount of traffic on the option of 2D with 3D just some aircraft are visible.

I am getting this as well, more flights showing on the 2D, than the 3D. I am not using the network either.

Andy

GlynH

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2009, 07:14:44 PM »
Hi

Noticed this morning, if and when you  get the preferances box up - you cannot close it by "apply" then "ok". the only way to close it, is either "cancel" or "red cross".

Andy

Ditto.

-=Glyn=-

GlynH

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »
AirNav

One thing AirNav - Everytime I start Rb, I am getting the welcome screen, even after I untick the box for next time.

Also with this, when you click on the "Set your preferenecs" link, it goes to preferences window, but no settings for 3D

Andy

Ditto again.

-=Glyn=-

GlynH

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2009, 07:15:52 PM »
Using the split screen

I can not see all the traffic in my area. Comparing the amount of traffic on the option of 2D with 3D just some aircraft are visible.

I am getting this as well, more flights showing on the 2D, than the 3D. I am not using the network either.

Andy

Ditto a third time! ;^)

-=Glyn=-

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »
We're working on fixing these issues that you all have pointed out so far. Stay tuned for a new exe soon. Thanks for all of your testing.

So far there are is a lot great feedback regarding bugs and oddness in the app (which is great--we need this), but what in general do you think about the app? Do you like it so far? Would you continue to use it after the beta? What would you most like changed or added to the 3D part? General comments or suggestions like this help very much since you guys are the target audience for this. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

EI4GXB

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2009, 09:49:35 PM »
This app looks fantastic, would definately use it after beta..lets see the next exe!!

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2009, 11:53:04 PM »
I just noticed a couple of Virgin Blue Airlines aircraft on the screen at the same time. Both are B738, yet one of them seems not to be recognised by the 3D software (the B738 type is not displayed in the label) and the model/livery is not displayed either.

You can see both aircraft in these screen shots and also the text interface which confirms the same Airline/type.

Falcon

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2009, 02:57:03 AM »
But what in general do you think about the app? Do you like it so far? Would you continue to use it after the beta? What would you most like changed or added to the 3D part?

Hi,

I have asked myself some of those questions already. I like the app but I'm not 100% sure I would purchase it yet even if it wasn't in beta. It's going to need to be more polished before I can make that decision so hopefully any comments I make are useful in getting it there.

I would like it to function as close to the regular RB app but with a 3D view. Extra 3D functions are great but you want the 3d view to be useful and not just eye candy or the novelty will soon wear off or never capture the customers interest enough to make a purchase if you were offering a trial as one example. One thing that would move towards that idea would be having radar rings on the 3d map. Is it possible? I'll think of other things as I spend more time with the 3D app so as to clarify this comment and answer your questions further.

One thing at the moment while I think about it. The default zoom is to zoomed in. I like the default zoom of the regular RB app. I'm not at the RB right now but it's the zoom after you use one of the buttons on the main menu, and at the moment I can't name the button but I think you'll know what I mean.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:59:50 AM by Falcon »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2009, 03:44:11 AM »
One thing that would move towards that idea would be having radar rings on the 3d map.

With a user selectable on/off  button - same as the 2D map.

A previous suggestion of mine was a 3D polar/height diagram as well.

abrad41

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2009, 09:26:35 AM »
Hi

I agree with this from Falcon

I have asked myself some of those questions already. I like the app but I'm not 100% sure I would purchase it yet even if it wasn't in beta. It's going to need to be more polished before I can make that decision so hopefully any comments I make are useful in getting it there.

I would like it to function as close to the regular RB app but with a 3D view. Extra 3D functions are great but you want the 3d view to be useful and not just eye candy or the novelty will soon wear off or never capture the customers interest enough to make a purchase if you were offering a trial as one example. One thing that would move towards that idea would be having radar rings on the 3d map.

The 3D softaware has to be as good as the 2D, if not better to get the customers interest.

I think also the one off payment of £89.95 may put some people off, may help if you could split the payment up , say three payments, one every month.

Andy

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 01:52:03 AM »
Noticed a little system slowdown after running with the network connected for a while. I was actually trying to watch a local aircraft at the time but the 3D screen was very slow too...

turning off the network and things returned to more normal CPU/memory usage ant the system became responsive again.

When the network is enabled and there are a lot of flights on the network, a lot of processing needs to be done for the 3D app. If you change 3D settings to 'minimum' with network enabled, it should run very smooth even with 1000+ flights being tracked (we've been testing this on all kinds of hardware including netbook type hardware (Intel Atom with 1GB ram) and it runs for days). If the setting is at 'maximum' and there are lots of flights, there are a LOT of 3D models trying to load into Google Earth which will tank performance on even some of the better PC's. Our dilemma here is whether to automatically reduce performance to 'medium' or 'minimum' when network is selected or just keep what the user has selected. My impression is that the user should have full control of this and adjust settings themselves accordingly until they find a good balance. What do you think? Should we automatically change these settings to optimize performance to prevent sluggishness?