AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 6403 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Help Please
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 11:04:33 PM »
Canonjohns40D,

We did ask you a few days ago to try a few things such as another pc, cable, to rule our corruption. We didn't hear anything back.

If you did reply do not attach large files as they will automatically be blocked.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 11:16:48 PM »
Hi support i have replied over several days as the issue continues . OK I attached large files not knowing they would be blocked. I am getting several hundred hits on single aircraft/flight numbers often seconds apart.

I have changed USB cable and USB port but the same thing happens . Over to you.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »
We can arrange a return and check whether everything is ok with the RadarBox to rule that out or rectify it. Send a email to support and we will reply with the return details.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 08:27:21 AM »
You could maybe delete all the old records in MyLog.  Maybe there's something already in the database causing this problem.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »
Hi Support and Tarbat.

I think I'll try, firstly, the delete of old records as Tarbat suggests. I would prefer not to send the box away if I can avoid it. I'm off work over the Christmas period and intend to get some serious use from the RB over that period.

If I send it away now with Christmas Rush etc etc goodness knows when it might return. When I get home tonight I'll delete the old records in My Log and see what happens.

If it continues after that point I'll send it away after contacting Support directly as suggested.

John

Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 10:10:59 PM »
Hi Just an update re the multiple (hundreds) of hits on single aircraft.

I tried Tarbats suggestion deleting the old data and it seems to have done the trick. No multiples over the past two days. I'm glad the box wont need to go away over Christmas.

However I wonder if others have noticed a reduction in their coverage? I have attached two polar diagrams one pre 2010 3.13 and one from the past few days. My older diagram DPD Polar went out to and beyond the Inner and Outer dashed white Max Range Rings. The currnt one cant get out in any direction to even the inner ring.

The coverage is well down has anyone else noted this lease?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »
I tried Tarbats suggestion deleting the old data and it seems to have done the trick. No multiples over the past two days.

So the problem was possibly caused by corruption to the Mylog database.  Any ideas what may have caused the corruption - do you use other SQL programs at all to access the database?

fatkat

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 12:13:23 PM »
yes my small to start with polar plot has shrunk by about 20% using the 2010  update ....

may be its more accurate ?  it did seem faster to start with .... that said I got a spike from central france ....

so my plot looks like a dandilion !

I'm assuming that the location information was faulty !   as I cant normally see  further souuth than luton  at highest altitde

KevinB

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 03:25:54 PM »
This seems to be a re-occurring theme. See

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3913.0

I have seen this with my box since I updated to 3.13. I have sent it back to be checked as bratters and canonjohns40D had similar problems and returned their boxes. Is this the box or the software upgrade I wonder?