AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing  (Read 30702 times)

abrad41

Re: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2009, 04:16:24 PM »
Paul

Mine is the same - apart from I can get the setting screen after #4

One thing AirNav - Everytime I start Rb, I am getting the welcome screen, even after I untick the box for next time.

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »
AirNav

In 3D view would there be anyway of wrapping the label text, instead of in a straight line.

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »
AirNav

I have to do this after every restart.

1) start RadarBox 3D and let it load fully...it should start in 3D (note the menu at top does not give 3D View option.

2) click on the Map View tab and let the map view load.  (note the 3D View option is now on the menu although if you open it every thing is greyed out.

3) click on the Split View tab and let both screens load (if you go to 3D View now and click on settings you still do not get the 3D settings screen yet.)

But after 3 I can get to the settings.

Andy

Falcon

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2009, 06:46:12 PM »
Hi Darryl,

It sounds like your account might not be setup correctly to allow the 3D option on the server. Also, when you startup RadarBox 3D, your computer must be connected to the Internet. Be sure your connection is established before starting RadarBox and see if you get the same problem. If you were already connected and still dont get 3D, then your account must not be configured correctly on the server. We'll check into your account on the server. I'll PM later after I verify.

The information you requested in your last e-mail has been sent.

I'll go with the the "not configured correctly on the server" option :-). I login to the software just fine and get network access, so there is nothing stopping my Internet connection to your servers.

Like I already mentioned. It runs as if it's just the normal version of RB.

Even if this is just a server configuration issue, it appears that there may be menu issues which came to light after I made my post in regards to this. I won't be able to comment further on it though until I see more than I do now.

Thanks,
Darryl
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:50:22 PM by Falcon »

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2009, 06:56:37 PM »
AirNav

In 3D view would there be anyway of wrapping the label text, instead of in a straight line.

Andy

Unfortunately Google Earth only allows a single line for 'placemark' labels (which an aircraft is considered a placemark in Google Earth terms). Hopefully the Google Earth plug-in will allow multiple line labels in the future. For now, you can tweak your label content in the 3D settings to (hopefully) find a good balance for a single line label.

abrad41

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2009, 07:07:15 PM »
Ok AirNav

Thank you

Andy

GlynH

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »
Hi GlynH,

The window size you describe on startup is indeed strange. Those nested windows (map or 3D view) should starup maximized. If it opens small, click the maximize icon on that sub-window and it will fill up the full space. After you do that and close the application, it should remember that it should auto-maximize the sub-windows next time. If this is not the case, please let us know. Also, can you provide us with your system specs (i.e. OS version and screen resolution is most important in your case). Please send these to [email protected].

Regarding the "flying backward" you mention, when starting RB3D for the first time, we set the settings to "minimum" as default which just overlays a simple icon on the 3D map where aircraft are detected. The three icons only represent 'climb', 'leveled' and 'descend' only and and don't represent heading at all (which is why they look like it's flying backward). If you go into the 3D View settings and choose either "medium" or "maximum" setting, you'll get more detailed aircraft icons (or 3D models) which will show you the heading correctly as you expect. They do use more system resources, but they look very cool. We need to set minimum as a default so we can support basic hardware (i.e. no graphic accelerator).

We're still trying to determine what could be going on with the other issues you had. Stay tuned on those and we'll respond with more details soon.

OK...done as requested with the window size issue.

ANRB defaulted to 3D map when run, selected Map View and got elongated, tall thin map window, maximised by using gadget and closed app.

Ran the app again where it defaulted to 3D as expected but when I selected Map View I got the tall, thin window again so it did not remember the previous size setting.

I have already responded to the email address with my system details as requested...good luck in setting up a system like mine! ;^)

Regarding your second paragraph about aircraft flying on reverse thrusters I am unable to try your suggestion as I am unable to access the 3D view settings!

If I select 3D View Settings from the 3D View Menu all I get is the standard Preferences screen pop open at the General tab.

It just shows the usual four tabs, General, RadarBox, Home Station Data & Map Colors...no 3D stuff at all.

Tried your suggestion Paul but no matter what I do when I switch to the Map View it always opens in a tall, thin window zoomed right out centred on the Atlantic Ocean!

And then when I try and go back to 3D the GE earth actually zooms out instead of zooming in!

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

GlynH

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »
One thing AirNav - Everytime I start Rb, I am getting the welcome screen, even after I untick the box for next time.

Andy

Yup. Me too Andy.

But for some reason I can now read the Lat/Lon and associated text in the status bar clearly whereas I couldn't before!

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2009, 09:55:25 PM »
After a day of installed RadarBox 3D are a few observations:
1) The Preferences option is below the program: I can not select the options being forced to close the program by the "Task Manager of Windows.

2) I can not see all the traffic in my area. Comparing the amount of traffic on the option of 2D with 3D just some aircraft are visible. Realized only flights directly captured by the antenna is to be shown on screen 3D. The flight captured by real-time network are not visible. (See picture attached)

In other areas did not notice any problem. I will continue testing and if other problems reported.

Regards,
Renato Nagg

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2009, 10:38:35 PM »
1) The Preferences option is below the program: I can not select the options being forced to close the program by the "Task Manager of Windows.

Can you duplicate this - I've seen it once, but I can't work out what sequence (key/mouse strokes etc) I performed that caused it to happen.

Alternately to killing ANRB from task manager, you can press "ALT F4" because the windows behind the main window have the focus, and pressing "ALT F4" will close them, returning focus to the main screen.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2009, 10:43:55 PM »
But for some reason I can now read the Lat/Lon and associated text in the status bar clearly whereas I couldn't before!

yes I noticed that this morning too, but I was also asked to re-install the plugin this morning as well..

AirNav - is this something you are changing at the server end, or is something else?? I noticed the "reload plugin" icon also changed during earlier testing without me doing anything at my end.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 10:46:08 PM by pjm »

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »

Can you duplicate this - I've seen it once, but I can't work out what sequence (key/mouse strokes etc) I performed that caused it to happen.

Alternately to killing ANRB from task manager, you can press "ALT F4" because the windows behind the main window have the focus, and pressing "ALT F4" will close them, returning focus to the main screen.

Ok I'll try to duplicate this problem. Thanks for the info!

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2009, 01:03:50 AM »
Appeared this error now. I have already installed the plug in again and did not resolve.

Someone else has this problem?

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2009, 01:05:12 AM »

yes I noticed that this morning too, but I was also asked to re-install the plugin this morning as well..

AirNav - is this something you are changing at the server end, or is something else?? I noticed the "reload plugin" icon also changed during earlier testing without me doing anything at my end.

The 3D plugin is loaded from the Internet so we can modify it remotely. This is why you now see the new font color without any new .exe. However a lot of the other changes will require a new .exe (such as the falling-behind preferences and the missing '3D Settings' tab. Those fixes will be coming soon with a new exe. Google released a new plug-in today too which is why you needed to reload the page. We're still looking into exactly what is new with the plug-in release...stay tuned for more info on this one.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2009, 01:06:50 AM »
Appeared this error now. I have already installed the plug in again and did not resolve.

Someone else has this problem?

I myself had this same problem this morning when the new plugin got installed. A complete system reboot solved the problem. Let us know if this doesn't solve the problem for you.