anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing  (Read 30464 times)

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
Re: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2009, 04:57:07 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the odd 3D Model pointing in the wrong direction?

e.g. in this screenshot, you can see the aircraft is heading 075 in both the text interface and the 2D screen, and also the trails in the 3D screen, but the model itself is pointing in a totally different direction (I'd guess 320 by the looks of it)

Looking into this one now... Thanks for the great screenshot of the problem.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2009, 11:26:30 PM »
I think that if we only disable showing the last few most recent points in the trail, it should solve both problems. 1. it will prevent the end of the line becoming visible and 2. it will keep the path visible so you can see your own trail if in a holding pattern. Sound ok?

Sounds good to me - I think I might have misinterpreted Rod's earlier response, but now I understand what he was getting at...

Frank

« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2009, 02:50:02 PM »
Does anyone of the Betatesters use the McAfee Internet Security 2010 program in combination with the last Beta? I had to close this program because it caused the Beta to freeze cq. crash. Maybe someone has experienced  such behaviour with this or another Virus/Internet security program. I have never had any trouble with this McAfee program before (been using it for 4 or 5 years now)...until this Beta came along

Regards, Frank

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »
Does anyone of the Betatesters use the McAfee Internet Security 2010 program in combination with the last Beta? I had to close this program because it caused the Beta to freeze cq. crash. Maybe someone has experienced  such behaviour with this or another Virus/Internet security program. I have never had any trouble with this McAfee program before (been using it for 4 or 5 years now)...until this Beta came along

Regards, Frank

Hi Frank,

This is an interesting new issue. The 3D does open up a new port that the previous application never used (port 7895) in order for the Google Earth plug-in to load the models and textures for the 3D view. Perhaps you can add port 7895 to the "allowed" or "trusted" port list in McAfee and then re-enable McAfee. That should hopefully fix the problem. Let us know what happens. Thanks for pointing this out.

Frank

« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
Added this port. Changed some other McAfee settings. Problem fixed.

Edit:
Actually adding this 7895 port to the allowed list of ports did not make much difference. I had to change the way McAfee is doing the 'Real-Time' scanning. Changing the 'Real-Time' scan option from 'All files' into 'Just scan program files and Documents' did the 'Trick'. Never seen this before....

Regards, Frank
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:35:12 AM by Frank »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2009, 07:31:49 AM »
That undocumented google earth interface on port 7895 is interesting, if not a bit buggy!

The aircraft are located half way up the height bar, but you still need to click at the top of the bar to zoom to the aircraft.

Also annoying that it keeps zooming back to a top down view around 700klms high every "refresh" ignore that - user error - I had checked the "fly to view on refresh" box!

The detail on the earth is a lot higher than the plugin tho.....

Not a great video, but you can see what I mean here:
http://www.petermcgrath.info/AirNav/Video_2009-12-18_181929.wmv

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:09:23 AM by pjm »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2009, 08:35:38 AM »
Interesting  watching Google Earth AND the ANRB GE Plugin displaying a similar thing at the same time :)

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2009, 11:12:12 AM »
The aircraft are located half way up the height bar, but you still need to click at the top of the bar to zoom to the aircraft.

Seems the Placemark "Altitude" attribute/field for each aircraft needs to be set to "relative to ground" or "relative to sea floor" (or possibly even "absolute" depending on which height is the correct one) to fix this bug. ANRB3D appears to be setting it to "mixed mode" and that is causing the display error.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:25:25 AM by pjm »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2009, 11:18:51 AM »
the difference between Sydney and London :)
well maybe 60nm out of Sydney, but I really like the extra terrain features using GE directly!

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2009, 03:49:14 AM »
That undocumented google earth interface on port 7895 is interesting, if not a bit buggy!

Also annoying that it keeps zooming back to a top down view around 700klms high every "refresh" ignore that - user error - I had checked the "fly to view on refresh" box!

The detail on the earth is a lot higher than the plugin tho.....

Not a great video, but you can see what I mean here:
http://www.petermcgrath.info/AirNav/Video_2009-12-18_181929.wmv

That's interesting. I haven't noticed this happening here yet. Do you have "Elevation Exaggeration" set to '1' in your Google Earth settings?

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2009, 04:02:32 AM »
That's interesting. I haven't noticed this happening here yet. Do you have "Elevation Exaggeration" set to '1' in your Google Earth settings?

I have "Elevation Exaggeration" set to '3' here, which makes the terrain more realistic.

The problem I noticed is that the different properties have different settings which makes them appear at different heights.

e.g. the path/trails have the "Altitude" set to "absolute"
while the model has the "Altitude" set to something different (it appears as "mixed modes" but that doesn't seem to be a "defined" option).

If all the attributes used the same value, then everything (models/trails etc) appear at the same height. The "relative" fields seem to give the most realistic looking positions.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:04:03 AM by pjm »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2009, 04:42:49 AM »
I have "Elevation Exaggeration" set to '3' here, which makes the terrain more realistic.

Just by way of comparison I manually edited the model and the last trails here to all use the "Relative to ground" Altitude attribute. The first screen shot shows the effect with  "Elevation Exaggeration" set to '3' and the second screen shot hows the effect with  "Elevation Exaggeration" set to '1'. As you can see in the second screenshot the displayed height difference is practically nothing.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2009, 02:04:13 AM »
Topic closed as V4.01 Beta is being released to all the beta testers.