anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing  (Read 30980 times)

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
Re: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »
1. It should eliminate (hopefully) the lat/long jaggies that occur in the flight trail

AirNav - does this have the blackhole rectangle fix from v3.11 or is it just a workaround?

Hi Peter,

This is a fix in terms of the 3D (if it does indeed solve the problem). I need to discuss with the 2D & GUI dev's regarding the 'blackhole' rectangle and v3.11 more before I can comment on what's going on with that (because I honestly don't know the answer to that question). Are you still getting aircraft in a blackhole rectangle in the 2D side? If so, I will let the Devs know and see if they can get that fixed in this version.

EI4GXB

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2009, 11:05:34 PM »
Testing latest exe...

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2009, 12:01:26 AM »
some eye candy for those so interested :)

Very cool! Have you tried using the 'pilot view' or 'follow flight' for some of the approaches? You get some great aircraft in your area--thanks for sharing.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2009, 12:05:43 AM »
This is a fix in terms of the 3D (if it does indeed solve the problem). I need to discuss with the 2D & GUI dev's regarding the 'blackhole' rectangle and v3.11 more before I can comment on what's going on with that (because I honestly don't know the answer to that question). Are you still getting aircraft in a blackhole rectangle in the 2D side? If so, I will let the Devs know and see if they can get that fixed in this version.

Hi 3D

yes still a problem with the latest build, as you can see in the screenshot. Also the random height spikes are still evident, in the same screenshot (which is handy :) ).

fyi the blackhole rectangle in the previous 2D versions was caused by the same out of bounds longtitude's that are causing the strange off screen spikes in the 3D version, that you noticed in the logs I sent you. The problem was fixed in version 3.11 and later with some changes to the HW data decoder, but apparently this code hasn't made it into the 3D versions (as yet).

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2009, 12:12:35 AM »
Very cool! Have you tried using the 'pilot view' or 'follow flight' for some of the approaches? You get some great aircraft in your area--thanks for sharing.

I have a "follow me" where you can see TGW688 entering the blackhole on the 2D screen and JST767 already in there, where you can see it disappear from the 2D screen while they both continues on their way to YSSY, all the time being visible on the 3D screen, and reappearing on the 2D screen when they exit the blackhole area :)

http://www.petermcgrath.info/AirNav/TGW688_JST767_Video_2009-12-04_213708.wmv

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2009, 12:16:19 AM »

Hi 3D

yes still a problem with the latest build, as you can see in the screenshot. Also the random height spikes are still evident, in the same screenshot (which is handy :) ).

fyi the blackhole rectangle in the previous 2D versions was caused by the same out of bounds longtitude's that are causing the strange off screen spikes in the 3D version, that you noticed in the logs I sent you. The problem was fixed in version 3.11 and later with some changes to the HW data decoder, but apparently this code hasn't made it into the 3D versions (as yet).

Hi Peter,

I just confirmed with the other developers that the HW data decoder module that I'm building with is indeed the old one. We're in the process of getting it merged. Thanks for catching this.

If you can send me the beta_log.txt (if one was created for that screenshot), that would be very helpful. It might be that those height spikes altitude fall within the maximum allowable threshold we've coded.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2009, 12:30:13 AM »
If you can send me the beta_log.txt (if one was created for that screenshot), that would be very helpful. It might be that those height spikes altitude fall within the maximum allowable threshold we've coded.

I'll send you what I have, unfortunately ANRB stopped recording it it at around 9.55am and the screenshot is from around 10.55am. Maybe there is something else there you can use...

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2009, 12:55:17 AM »
Why can not I see all aircraft that are in the 2D screen in 3D screen?

Frank

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2009, 12:42:18 PM »
Hi,

First impression is quite good. A few things though:
1. Custom Legend list is not saved. Each time I have at start up I have to fill in my Home 
    Location  again.
2. Welcomes screen pops up at start up every now and then.
3. Performance: 2d and 3d perform smoothly (2d is a bit 'faster') without Network
    connection.   With Network connection the system gets a bit sluggish and the whole
    application is performing pretty slow. Adjusting the settings helps a bit, but the overall
    performance is not as smooth as without the Network connection.

Frank

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2009, 10:54:10 PM »
Why can not I see all aircraft that are in the 2D screen in 3D screen?

We sent you an email with some suggestions. If you get a chance, please send us any beta_log.txt files you might have collected. This is a high-priority item on our list.

Frank

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2009, 02:40:40 PM »
When an aircraft is taxiing on the runway, the nose of the aircraft is always pointed at the wrong direction. Now it's not an important issue, but is just looks stupid.

Frank

Frank

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2009, 09:52:27 PM »
And here is an aircraft taxiing on the runway at 5800 ft ? , nose in the wrong direction

Frank

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2009, 10:50:56 PM »
And here is an aircraft taxiing on the runway at 5800 ft ? , nose in the wrong direction

Frank

Hi Frank,

Can you send me your beta_log.txt for that screenshot (if you have it)? It appears that the 5600ft altitude is the value coming from the aircraft (which if this is the case, there's little we can do to fix it since we're just plotting what the aircraft tell us). However, it could be a bug and if that's the case, we can fix it. The beta_log.txt should tell us more info.

In regards to the heading, I have seen a lot of aircraft that either broadcast no heading or always '0' (which might be the case of these taxiing aircraft). We might be able to do some math and calculate the heading, but we may not get time for that for the first release. When you see these incorrect headings, are they always pointing north?

Frank

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2009, 10:12:45 AM »
I will send you a log from yesterday, but I cannot find any entry from this specific aircraft in it.
Your second question: yes, the heading is always pointing north.

abrad41

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2009, 03:57:22 PM »
I have just tried this three times and everytime its the same.

Go to preferences/colour settings - click on a colour to change - colour box appears for about 1 sec - then nothing, the whole window freezes.

Andy