AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing  (Read 30741 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2009, 04:34:52 PM »
Agreed - same here, but I noticed that I could eventually drag the Prefs window away, and the Colour box was lurking behind it. I could then close it and carry on.

Needs fixing!

Rod
Rod

abrad41

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2009, 04:54:59 PM »
Hi Rod

Just tried it again and mine is stuck solid in the middle of screen, it will not let me drag it away.

Andy

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2009, 05:07:56 PM »
Yes - I know the problem - the fact is that my computer's so slow when running 3D that I managed to sneak in before it had remembered that the focus should be on the colour box!

Definitely needs fixing!

Rod
Rod

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2009, 05:24:22 PM »
I have just tried this three times and everytime its the same.

Go to preferences/colour settings - click on a colour to change - colour box appears for about 1 sec - then nothing, the whole window freezes.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for pointing that one out. I was able to duplicate it and then fix it. This wont happen anymore in the next release. Good catch.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:29:06 PM by AirNav 3D Development »

Frank

« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2009, 12:11:38 PM »
 I have tried to make a screenshot (F3 or File>Screenshot>Save to file...), but in 3D this option does not work. No problem in 2D.

Frank

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2009, 06:13:21 PM »
Latest Beta Build can be found at the link below. If anyone has some time this weekend to test this version, please let us know if you find any new errors/issues. Note, this is just the .exe and not an installer. No additional liveries or models will be seen with this since it's only the exe. These models/liveries will start showing up when we can release a new installer. If the application freezes or you find any issues, please post the error and email the beta_log.txt or just email me directly ([email protected]). Thanks again for all of your help testing this beta.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANRB_3D/ANRB.zip

(update - the original url I posted was wrong. This one (above) should now work)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:16:10 PM by AirNav 3D Development »

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »
If anyone tracks a JetBlue aircraft with Hardware (i.e. not via the network), could you please let me know whether you had any problems tracking it. I have found on occasion that I have seen strange behavior (not every time however) in the 3D when a JetBlue begins tracking. I'd like to see if anyone else has any issues.

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2009, 07:05:47 PM »
Finish installing the new EXE and found that the following problems remain:
1)Preferences window still be hidden, you can not access it.
2)Output Window of the Program, is also hidden.

Plus point:
1)I realized that more aircraft of the network are shown in the 3D screen.

I will continue to test and inform you when new.

Frank

« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2009, 10:32:38 PM »
Program just freezes. Have tried it a couple of times to start. The Welcome screen still comes up....Ctrl+Alt=Del  was the only option to stop the app. Os=Windows 7 64bit NL. Have sent beta-log separetly.

Frank

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2009, 12:27:18 AM »
I've noticed a couple of random height spikes (low and high ones) as per the screenshot:

Flight: QFA425
time 11:12am AEST

log file emailed.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2009, 12:35:00 AM »
When I move the 3D button cluster from its default position (where it takes up 1 whole line just for itself, which seems a little wasteful of screen space) to the top of the screen, it displaces some of the standard button clusters, and they do not reposition themselves to their correct locations.

Also as can be seen fron the screenshot, the "Split view" button vanishes in the move, but can be restored by pressing the "Map view" button, which makes the "Split view" button reappear.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2009, 01:03:41 AM »
The blackhole rectangle coverage problem seems to be fixed now - I'm once again getting aircraft in the associated blackholes.

Also the beta log seems to be reliable now, it's not cutting out

Just saw a really weird flightpath as well - log sent

prbflight

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »
If anyone tracks a JetBlue aircraft with Hardware (i.e. not via the network), could you please let me know whether you had any problems tracking it. I have found on occasion that I have seen strange behavior (not every time however) in the 3D when a JetBlue begins tracking. I'd like to see if anyone else has any issues.

I just got home from work and found my RadarBox 3D had crashed.  This hasn't happened before.  I haven't yet installed the latest exe but I did track two JetBlue (ADS-B) today and one has just registered (non ADS-B) right now.  All three were with the hardware.  Does this help?  I can send log if you need it.

Paul@cyyb

prbflight

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2009, 02:15:10 AM »
I've been running the new exe for over an hour and I've noticed a great improvement in performance.  Is this due to the new Netwwork Flights setting in Preferences?

As well I just tracked JetBlue 479 (ADS-B) with my hardware and I could not see any problems with it at all.  I put it through all the 3D options and it seemed to have passed with flying (pardon the pun) colors.

Paul@cyyb
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:27:20 AM by prbflight »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2009, 03:18:33 AM »
The programming of ANRB3D is now with the team that just finished ANRB313 (Andre + Aleksey). We are working on the freezing/crash problems at the moment.
All those users that reported a freeze/crash please send an email to [email protected] with the conditions that caused it to happen (HW flights or NW flights, nr of HW flights, time since app started).

Tks.