anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Could anyone send me the new datafile?  (Read 19420 times)

Blincodave

Could anyone send me the new datafile?
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:16:36 AM »
Hi,

Whatever I do I cannot load the latest database file successfully. I even removed and then re-installed the AirNav software. Could some kind sole send me a zipped copy of the latest Navdata db3 file (released in March) please? If you could PM me, I'll send you my e-mail address.

Kind Regards

Dave

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
Re: Could anyone send me the new datafile?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 11:14:06 AM »
Hi Dave

Sorry to hear you're still having problems.

Funilly enough,I've just experienced (again) a similar problem, having purchased a new laptop.

At the moment, I haven't established , or had chance to access the internet with the new laptop  to download the new database file, so thought I'd be able to simply dump the file from my old laptop onto the fresh install on the new laptop.

The file appears to be there, appears to be the correct size, but on opening up the software,it appears not to work correctly - there are massive gaps appearing in the info I'm picking up, and the navdata file only has around 80k records in the aircraft table.In other words, it appears to be viewing the old navdata file.

I've tried both overwriting the old file , and also deleting the old file and then dropping the new one in, but to no avail!

I'm presuming there some fancy workings going on in the direct download functionality from AirNav that allows the new file to be correctly installed???

Has anyone else tried this route?

Rich

tommyg

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:52:01 PM »
Haven't tried that route but have attempted the download twice but I am still getting lots of .../null/BCA acft which I thought had been corrected, so maybe my file hasn't loaded either. Somethings have changed in that aircriaft I had previously amended are back to either ... or blank. 
Tommyg

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 01:16:08 PM »
Dev/Support

Can you please please respond and confirm thet the only way of effectively capturing the new navdata file is via running the download function??

Is it a "non-starter" to just copy the file from either another RadarBox application that has the file correctly installed, or copying from a zip from another user??

As you'll see from this thread, there is still some confusion.

Thanks

Rich

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 01:23:29 PM »
You can copy a navdata file from another pc to your another pc BUT there are complications and that's why we provide the installer.

The complications are:

1.) If you copy a file across on many machines it will mark the file as read only so RadarBox will have trouble accessing it and writing to it.
2.) The file maybe blocked on the new machine, if you right click on it you can unblock the file.
3.) You could end up copying the file to the wrong place so RadarBox continues to use the old navdata.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 02:02:55 PM »
To assist in accessing the file, you can makes the changes that Airnav mentions by right clicking on the saved file, go to properties on the drop down menu and untick read only and click the unblock button.

Alan

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »
Thanks guys - appreciate the quick response

This makes a lot of sense now

Rich

Blincodave

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »
Problem solved. I use Aerodata's Radarbox analyser and I have now confirmed that the file needs to be copied to the data folder following this path

C:\users\your name\Appdata\lLocal\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\AirNav Radarbox 2009\Data.

Everythings works fine now.

Many thanks to those who gave me help and support and especially Andrew in sunny Southern France. Marpleman, this could be your solution too as I believe you use the Aerodata Analyser too!

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 07:32:09 PM »
Hi Dave

At the moment I don't have Aerodata loaded on the new laptop

How did you get the navdata file to eventually load, as I'm still having problems!!!

I tried to redirect where the exe application dropped the new database, but couldn't change the file path in the instal wizard, so all it's done is drop it in a new AirNav directory

Still puzzled - everything worked fine on the old Vista laptop?

Rich

Blincodave

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
It had loaded directly via the AirNav installer but it was not being recognised by the Radarbox software until I copied it to the file specified in my earlier post.

Dave

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 11:33:36 PM »
Problem solved. I use Aerodata's Radarbox analyser and I have now confirmed that the file needs to be copied to the data folder following this path

C:\users\your name\Appdata\lLocal\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\AirNav Radarbox 2009\Data.

Even better, follow Airnav's advice in the FAQ and don't install in the default location.  You will then avoid all the Virtual Store problems that Windows creates when installing in the Program Files location.

To quote:

"You might prefer to install in a different location outside your virtual store to prevent security issues and compatibility with certain addons"

From the FAQ at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1570.0

Airnav, will the installer be changed for v4.04 to NOT install in Program Files location, to avoid all these Virtual Store problems?

simonb

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 02:48:58 PM »
i have also tried to upload the new database but can only get the old one on my system.i have the latest version 4 of radarbox but on my control panel,then viewing the program list there are 2 radarboxs listed-radarbox 13/03/11 499mb and radarbox 2009 23/01/09 222mb.should i remove 1 of these.i am running windows vista,thanks in advance for any help,simon.

tommyg

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 07:49:55 PM »
Guys.

Have finally found my problem with the new database. Everytime I download it goes straight into the virtual store whereas I have a direct path to Airnav as suggested earlier in the forum. Question how do i direct/get the new database to the correct path as I cant change the path using the quick install?
Tommyg

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 07:34:54 AM »
i have also tried to upload the new database but can only get the old one on my system.i have the latest version 4 of radarbox but on my control panel,then viewing the program list there are 2 radarboxs listed-radarbox 13/03/11 499mb and radarbox 2009 23/01/09 222mb.should i remove 1 of these.i am running windows vista,thanks in advance for any help,simon.

Have finally found my problem with the new database. Everytime I download it goes straight into the virtual store whereas I have a direct path to Airnav as suggested earlier in the forum. Question how do i direct/get the new database to the correct path as I cant change the path using the quick install?

In the registry, check the contents of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\AppPath

What does it say?

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »
Guys.

Hi Tommy

I was having similar problems and had almost given up, however in the end, I let the file download to wherever it wanted to, and did a copy/replace out of the download folder of just the navdata file into the data folder where I had re-installed the RadarBox files,whilst the software was not operating.

On restarting the software, everything has copied over fine with approx 100k aircraft records

Good luck!

Rich