AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Could anyone send me the new datafile?  (Read 19478 times)

simonb

Re: Could anyone send me the new datafile?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »
many thanks for all your help yesterday guys.looks like i will have to reinstall my radar box.2 more questions for you if you dont mind.do i have to use my original cd to feinstall and then update it to version 4 from downloads or can i do a complete download of the new edition fron somewhere,and how do i get the new edition into c:\airnav instead of the  program files,thanks in advance simon.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
You don't need the CD - just download the FULL version - not the upgrade, from here http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html and follow the advice in reply #10 in this thread.

When the installer asks where you want to install the software, edit the path it suggests by deleting the "\Program Files" bit.

Good luck

Rod
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
Just deleted radarbox on my Vista laptop as it was in the program files location and reinstalled to c:\Airnav.  Afterwards I installed the update which went to c:\programfiles\airnav as directed by the installer.  Find the updated Navdata.db3 file and copy it across and replace the original Navdata.db3 file in c:\airnav\radarbox\data and all will be OK.

Alan

simonb

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
have reinstalled radarbox into correct folder and downloaded new database which has disapeared.how do i find this file,what should i search for?,and how do i copy it into the new radarbox file,thanks again,simon.

RodBearden

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »
Well done - but you are now suffering from the bug that I complained about in the thread about the latest update - the update installer will be putting the new NavData.db3 file in the first place that you told it, and the bug means you can't change that.

I guess that if you run the database update program again you will be able to see the path to where it put it. If not, do a search for NavData.db3 and find the one tha isn't in your new setup Data folder

HTH

Rod
Rod

simonb

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 04:34:03 PM »
have found 3 files navdata,navdata.bak and navdata.journal.is any of these the right one?

RodBearden

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
No - it should be NavData.db3

Rod
Rod

simonb

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »
navdata file says type db3 and bak and journal are named as db3,but these are the only files showing after a search,i have downloaded it twice now so have no idea where it is if these arnt it.

RodBearden

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 04:45:26 PM »
I've just done it myself, and the new NavData.db3 file is dated 18 ‎April ‎2011, ‏‎16:09

If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll Zip mine and email you a link so that you can download it directly - then you should be able to control where it goes.

Rod
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
Its the navdata.db3 you are looking for  Where on your computer is the file just now.  Isn it in c:airnav\radarbox or c:airnav\programfiles .  

Open up my computer, then click on Vista c:  
When the next window opens, click on program files
When the next window opens click on Airnav systems
When the next window open click on Airnavradarbox 2009
When the next window opens click on data, you should now see Navdata.db3

Go to the start button click on it and then computer when it opens up.
click on Vista c: and when it opens click on Airnav Systems,
When  the next window opens click on Data
When the next window opens you should see the Navdata.db3 file. delete it.

Now go to the other Navdata.db3 file and drag it across to the one you deleted the file from.

Close down the window and start radarbox and all should be well.

Let us know how you get on

Alan

simonb

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 06:44:16 PM »
sorry guys i am totally confused now,found the file and moved it into data file on airnavbox 2009 file.when reopened radarbox database is empty and no registrations showing on inerface.presume i have cocked-up any advice,simon

Pinza

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »

If you have the right one there should be 109,151 records with the last one on the show all list being 406392 G-NSKB

Many thanks for that - just checked my system and it ties in with that - must have done something right last night - miracle!

Chris

RodBearden

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 07:26:58 PM »
Simon - it sounds as if you might have moved the NavData.db3 file to the wrong place.

I think you have two choices: 1: start again by downloading and installing RadarBox 3.13 or 2: contact AirNav Support who should be able to guide you through to a solution - it's what we pay 'em for ;-)

Rod

PS Well done, Chris!
Rod

simonb

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »
success at last,have finally managed to get the new navdata file transfered and is now showing 10k plus aircraft.only problem now is i cant seem to connect to the real time network after re opening radarbox,any answers gratefully recieved,simon.

simonb

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 11:44:22 AM »
cancel the above.network has now re appeared,thanks to all who replied to my questions,regards,simon,