AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Program not responding  (Read 28049 times)

prbflight

Program not responding
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »
I've waited over 24 hours to see if this was an issue with other users.  I can't seem to shake this problem.  I have to 'end program' and lose everything constantly.  Anyone else having this problem?

Paul

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Program not responding
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
Never had this problem.

When this happens can you look in computer management and see if ANRB.exe is still running, and how many threads it's using.

This might help diagnose the problem.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 02:32:54 PM »
prbflight,

Do you have Internet connection or wireless connection which drops occasionally?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 09:39:20 AM »
My freezin g problem has come back this morning with a vengence !. I have removed all trace of radarbox 07 and 08 from the PC and that included looking for the file structure etc and deleting all of that. The only thing I have left in situe is the drivers as I can't even think of going through all the hassles of trying to laod them again. Once the program has uploaded again I will see whether that improves things. By the way I have switched off everything else in the house that uses the internet so that radarbox will have sole access to my internet connection !

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »
My freezin g problem has come back this morning with a vengence !. I have removed all trace of radarbox 07 and 08 from the PC and that included looking for the file structure etc and deleting all of that. The only thing I have left in situe is the drivers as I can't even think of going through all the hassles of trying to laod them again. Once the program has uploaded again I will see whether that improves things. By the way I have switched off everything else in the house that uses the internet so that radarbox will have sole access to my internet connection !

Roadrunner, be brave and switch off your internet altogether!

Try running RadarBox as a standalone without the internet.  Remember to untick "Share data" in preferences.  See if RadarBox runs OK without the internet for a couple of hours.

It doesn't matter what else is using your internet connection, it is the connection itself that might be the problem.

FFM

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 12:36:50 PM »
I have a similar problem.
I have unchecked share network flights and display network flights.
I am not connected to the internet. There are no other programs running on my 256 MB RAM, 1,8 GHZ machine.
The program works fine (well I should say slow) for more than 24 hours. However, when I want to use the program after that time, it freezes and only can be terminated.
Will there be a fix for this behaviour?
Version 1.3 was more stable in this regards - at least what I have experienced.

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 12:47:24 PM »
I have a similar problem.
I have unchecked share network flights and display network flights.
I am not connected to the internet. There are no other programs running on my 256 MB RAM, 1,8 GHZ machine.
The program works fine (well I should say slow) for more than 24 hours. However, when I want to use the program after that time, it freezes and only can be terminated.
Will there be a fix for this behaviour?
Version 1.3 was more stable in this regards - at least what I have experienced.

FFM, I have to say that this sounds like it must be your PC - My laptop is almost exactly the same spec as your PC, except I have more memory, and RadarBox V1.4 works very well.  The freezing issue which seems to have affected a few users is almost certainly related to the internet connection - me included.

What else have you got running in the background, virus checkers, screensavers etc - do you have a load of icons in the tool bar by the clock at the bottom right of the PC screen?

How much space do you have remaining on your hard drive, have you optimized the hard drive lately.  Loads of things to look at to see why your particular PC should be running so slowly.  When you say RadarBox is running slowly, what exactly do you mean?

All the best

Allocator

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »
There are no other programs running on my 256 MB RAM, 1,8 GHZ machine.

That's not a lot of memory, but I don't know if AirNav specify a minimum memory requirement.  My ANRB.exe uses quite a lot of memory:

FFM

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 06:53:28 PM »
I do run Radarbox on a clean Windows XP installation. There are no other programs running like Virus Scanners, etc.

When I click on a menu button within Radarbox it takes a long time to open / close, etc. - approx. 15 - 25 seconds.
For example when I open the preferences and save it, it takes approx. 20 seconds to close.

I used Radarbox in full screen mode for over 24 hours. When I returned this morning to my PC and hit "ESC" for closing the full screen mode, the Radarbox closed the map, but did not reload any menus, etc. The complete screen went grey. So I had to terminate the application.

When I run other native OS programs on this PC like Wordpad, File Explorer, etc. everything works normal (e.g. menus opening within 1 second, etc.).

Allocator

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »
When I click on a menu button within Radarbox it takes a long time to open / close, etc. - approx. 15 - 25 seconds.
For example when I open the preferences and save it, it takes approx. 20 seconds to close.

There is definitely something wrong there, and if RadarBox runs OK on my similar spec PC when I've got 4 or 5 other programs running at the same time, then you definitely have a problem.

I still think that it's your PC, not RadarBox.

bee46

• leerdam radar
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 11:40:39 AM »
I experienced the same problem after running Radarbox for more then 1 hour, and using other programs on my pc(win xp), then the program is freezing and the screen of radarbox is grey, and I have to force the program to shut down, (I am not able to close radarbox in the normal way anymore), I am now a little bit dissapointed, because I am using radarbox now for more then 5 months, and all versions did not work properly.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 11:53:23 AM »
bee46,

What is the specs of your machine and are you connected to the internet?

If you have had an issue then you should have contacted us so we can help resolve it, your issue may not have anything to do with others.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 12:32:50 PM »
Quote from: bee46
I installed the new drivers (beta2), and the new beta2 firmware patch, then I use the beta 1 software with the possibility to download the pictures and it seems there are no problems anymore

....I am using radarbox now for more then 5 months, and all versions did not work properly.

Bee46, I thought that your RadarBox installation was working OK after your earlier post back in Sep 07.  If none of the versions of RadarBox have worked correctly for you, then maybe your PC is the problem?

You should have asked for help earlier here on the forum, we've always got good ideas :-)

prbflight

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 01:04:12 PM »
Thanks to all that have replied.  I was away from my computer all week-end.  I have now run RadarBox for 12 hours without it hanging.  To do this I had to disconnect network traffic.  I will continue to monitor this setup for the next 12 hours.  Funny thing is I never had this problems with any other version of RB up until now.

Paul

SkyRoost

• Another Day in Paradise
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 02:13:43 PM »
I have been having a similar problem with the RadarBox 2008 application not responding after runnig for a few hours.  I am running Windows XP.  At first, I was running it with 512 meg of RAM when the application stopped responding.  So, I swapped out the old RAM and put in 2Gig or RAM.  When it runs, the application runs much smoother.  It was running last night when I went to bed.  When I checked it this morning, it failed to respond.  I don't recall if I had a similar problem with RadarBox 2007.

Ted
Ted  N4JOG