AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improved Routing Information  (Read 228119 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Improved Routing Information
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2010, 09:32:11 AM »
Thanks.

hopefully Tarbat will convert for us.

For me, this added 30 new routes, and updated 400 routes.

Airnav, this type of import takes only seconds.  When can we expect to see these routes added to the central server routes table?

EDIT: If you look at my log from yesterday, you can see how many more routes I'm now seeing, all thanks to Mark (spanman).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:43:01 AM by tarbat »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2010, 10:01:10 AM »
Flybe Route callsign tie ups.

Please find attached all todays flybe callsign tieups,There maybe some which were not in my original batch due to routes operating certain days etc.

Out of interest, Tarbat's converted listing doesn't have any VIAs - do you guys not fly any multi-leg flights ?

I'm thinking of Sumburgh-Kirkwall-Aberdeen or Aberdeen-Leeds-Exeter, for example.

Just curious, no criticism intended.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2010, 10:05:21 AM »
Anyone can send us updated route information and we will update our central database (send me a PM for instructions).

In the meanwhile and I'm sorry to insist we continue not to understand the purpose of some forum members in this thread: they are in possession of a good flight number listing and refuse to send it to us for the benefit of all while keeping their complaints. In our view this is an unnaceptable attitude as we are here to help each other and improve the system.

bratters

« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »
Thanks.

hopefully Tarbat will convert for us.

For me, this added 30 new routes, and updated 400 routes.

Airnav, this type of import takes only seconds.  When can we expect to see these routes added to the central server routes table?

This is rapidly becoming one great big joke and we Radarbox users have been split into two camps, those who seem to have access to up to date data and those who don't - the latter forming the vast majority I would imagine.

These now daily postings on the lines of "I've got this, that or the other" only serve to aggravate those of us who are reduced to sitting on the sidelines waiting for something to happen - and looking up queries on Google for Pete's sake.

Not a swipe at you Tarbat mate or anyone else in particular - just a blast of utter frustration at the current state of play.

abrad41

« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »
Airnav

Anyone can send us updated route information and we will update our central database (send me a PM for instructions).

Why is this, the file is there on the forum for you to take.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2010, 10:13:19 AM »
In the meanwhile and I'm sorry to insist we continue not to understand the purpose of some forum members in this thread: they are in possession of a good flight number listing and refuse to send it to us for the benefit of all while keeping their complaints. In our view this is an unnaceptable attitude as we are here to help each other and improve the system.

Hmmm.  As the old Chinese proverb goes:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Simply throwing fish/routes at you might appear to be helpful.  It isn't.  

It just gives you an excuse for not fixing the system that you told us 6 weeks ago was already in place and working, but clearly isn't.

It might feel like tough love right now, but you'll thank me one day :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2010, 10:16:38 AM »
I guess what might help this problem is if someone could write a simple program to allow the import of CSV files to our local databases.

You don't really need a special program to import routes, you can use the standard SQLITE program.

So, to set this up in the first place:

1. Download the SQLITE command line program from http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.  The current version is http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-3_7_2.zip

2. Unzip this file, and put the resulting sqlite3.exe program in your AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox folder.  This is the folder where the main Radarbox program (ANRB.exe) is located.

3. Download the attached file (import_routes.bat) into the same folder.  This is a BAT file for executing the updates.

4. Download the attached file (sql.txt) into the same folder.  This is the data file, containing the route updates as SQL statements.  The attached example is for the Flybe routes.

Now, to run the update:

1. Close down Radarbox.  This is important, to avoid a locked database.  Make sure Radarbox has finished all it's processing before proceeding.

2. Run the import_routes.bat file.

3. Re-open Radarbox, and you'll now have the new routes.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:48:30 AM by tarbat »

bratters

« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2010, 10:34:15 AM »
These now daily postings on the lines of "I've got this, that or the other" only serve to aggravate those of us who are reduced to sitting on the sidelines waiting for something to happen - and looking up queries on Google for Pete's sake.

I guess what might help this problem is if someone could write a simple program to allow the import of CSV files to our local databases.  I'm okay writing in VB, although need to find out how to use SQL in VB.  It should only take an expert Airnav programmer a few hours to knock something up.

How about an expert non-Airnav programmer?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2010, 10:43:27 AM »
Tarbat: Do you want to update your local tables, our central server or both?

Dave, your knowledge of Mode-s/ADS-B market is something everyone respects.
Your company will never get any kind of business from AirNav Systems so, for the benefit of the community and one more time stop your games and respect the forum.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2010, 11:07:22 AM »
Tarbat: Do you want to update your local tables, our central server or both?

Personally, I want you to update your central server.  I'm perfectly capable of updating my local tables myself, but others aren't.

bratters

« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
Tarbat - this encapsulates my situation:

Right now passing literally overhead is A319 G-EZAY flight ID EZY906V.
It is in MyFlights but where it came from and where it is going is a mystery.
I Google it.
Apparently it is bound for EDI having departed GVA.

It will be back tomorrow maybe, certainly within the next few days and yet when it appears on screen again it will still be a mystery flight.
Why? because I can't put that route in my database - and nor apparently can Airnav.

It's crazy - there's nothing more to say - crazy.

Runway 31

« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2010, 11:46:02 AM »
Why dont you update the route yourself?  Therafter it will not be a mystery to you.

Southwest

« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2010, 12:05:53 PM »
Your company will never get any kind of business from AirNav Systems so, for the benefit of the community and one more time stop your games and respect the forum.

With a statement like that do you really expect Dave to give you anything.  You guys have a lot to learn about Customer Service and I am disgusted that you go to print with something like this because your constant begging for help hasn't been answered in your favour.  Shame on you.

Onto algorithm.  Now, I'll admit that I know nothing about this but it sounds to me from other posts that if you (Air Nav and it's developers) get this sorted then things should be a lot better.

Simple question to Air Nav - Why can't you get this algorithm problem sorted?

Runway 31

« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2010, 12:17:41 PM »
Surely if they knew the answer to that question there would be no thread.

bratters

« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2010, 12:27:36 PM »
Why dont you update the route yourself?  Therafter it will not be a mystery to you.

Simple - I haven't got the expertise. It's just not my field and that's why I bought an RB - supposedly self contained and requiring no particular technical knowledge to use.

And it also explains why we are a two tier society here; some can update, some can't but IMO none should be needing to.