AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improved Routing Information  (Read 228851 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Improved Routing Information
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2010, 07:22:36 PM »
Which is the best site you are using to obtain you're routing information. I have now had RYR5DP showing it's route as being from Dublin to Katowice but obviously the flight crew want some overtime as they are flying over Valencia.

Well, as I said above, with alphanumeric Flight IDs there aren't many options, which is why I was initially delighted when AirNav adopted my suggestion of deducing routings from landings and take-offs.  The commercial sites are only really of use for timetable flight numbers - for example to find RYR5DP on FlightStats you need to search for FR5152 (Marseilles to Marrakech).  I've been using the technique successfully (with permission) on PlanePlotter network data.

Looks like tiresome manual changes are going to have to be made until if/when AN sort this out.

It's disappointing that so far AirNav have made no comment whatsoever about how (or even if) they plan to deal with incorrect routes on the server, which the new routine ought to be picking up but clearly isn't.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

EK01

« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »
Cheers Dave,

Ian

LSZS

« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »
I'd like to re-open this thread to inform that today I find 3 flights with wrong Route informations.
Theese flights are:
DLH3KY show as EGLL - EDDM instead of the correct LIMC - LIBD
DLH6HV show as EIDW - EDDF instead of the correct LIMC - EDDF
DLH1EP show as EDDL - EGLL instead of the correct EDDF - LIML
all with timestamp 20100912....
No route information about the BEL351.

An other question: What i do to haven't incorrect informations on 31 october when callsigns change?
Lufthansa this year changes all flights numbers
Must I delete all routes?
Engadin Airport auf 1707m / 5600ft. Europas höchstgelegener Flughafen
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanobazzi/

EK01

« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »
 I would suggest there could be major problems with incorrect routes/flight ID's etc come the end of October when airlines change to their winter schedules.

bratters

« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2010, 01:13:44 PM »

Lufthansa this year changes all flights numbers
Must I delete all routes?

Thanks for that post LSZS which explains something I didn't know

I have been one of the main moaners about lack of route information. particularly as it seemed mainly related to UK lo-cost airlines, Ryanair, Easyjet, Thomson etc.. - big users of my local airports.

However I had also noticed that virtually no Lufthansa flights were showing routes and wondered what the problem was. Now I know.

Heaven help us if reverting to winter schedules means further substantial changes to callsigns - I can't see why wholesale changes should be necessary though.

EK01

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2010, 07:37:23 PM »
Bratters,

Let's hope you're correct with regard to the changeover to the winter schedules routings because currently it's a bit of a shambles. Alphanumeric flight number routings still don't appear !
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:39:10 PM by EK01 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2010, 07:47:59 PM »
We will refresh the database then to pick up the new winter routes so they can be downloaded then.

Regarding Alphanumeric we are doing the best we can. We have joined forces with a flight schedule & tracking website to gain this data and implemented our own algorithms to identify routes from positions. Considering both those solutions can't provide all the data gives an indication of how hard this task is.  Both of the solutions are being worked on to get these more accurately.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

EK01

« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
Thanks AN for the update,

More 'power to your elbow'.

Cheers,

Ian

bratters

« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »
Not much more to say then. I guess we'll have to live with it for a while longer.

LSZS

« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2010, 11:13:56 PM »
Thanks to all.
I have an idea about the alphanumeric callsign.
I'm sure that Lufthansa has 2 "packs" of callsign. Winter season and the Sommer
The summer 2010 callsign are the same of the summer 2009, but different (all) from the Winter
I've ANRB since septembrer 2008 and I noticed this about DLH.
Easyjet, here in Northen Italy (but I think all the system) keeps the same callsign, Airfrance, Alitalia, Iberia ecc. too
I think that in the night to 31 October I reset the table of routes.
And here is where i read the systemwide change oh LH flightnumbers:
http://airlineroute.net/2010/06/15/lh-w10-fltnbr-update2/

flybhx

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2010, 09:29:10 AM »
LSZS

Although the flight numbers alternate the alphanumeric codes seem to change at randon each timetable change here.

LSZS

« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2010, 08:57:33 PM »
Today I founded my entries in the route table corrected with incorrected routing information.
DLH1KC isn't EDDM - EGLC but EGLL - LIMC

DaveReid

« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »
Today I founded my entries in the route table corrected with incorrected routing information.
DLH1KC isn't EDDM - EGLC but EGLL - LIMC

If the AirNav route algorithm were working as advertised, there wouldn't be any need for you to make your own corrections like this.

DLH1KC pops up on the network 6 times a week taking off from Heathrow, so there's no excuse for the server listing it as a London City flight.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

LSZS

« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2010, 10:34:30 PM »
I remember that I inserted this callsign in May or June whith routing from EGLL.
Today I founded it incorrected
But isn't the only. Others but now I don't remember what

DaveReid

« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2010, 07:10:31 AM »
But isn't the only. Others but now I don't remember what

Get used to it.

Over 100 scheduled flights at Heathrow yesterday were showing incorrect or blank route information on RadarBox, for the following carriers:

AFR, AUA, AZA, BAW, BEL, BMA, CPA, DLH, EIN, EVA, FIN, IBE, IRA, MAU, SHT, SMX, SVA, SWR, TAP, UAL

Leaving aside the issue of whether the route algorithm is or isn't working, I really can't understand why a flight like, say, UAL948 - which all the flight tracking websites will tell you operates from LAX to Heathrow via Denver - doesn't come anywhere near Europe according to AirNav.