anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ANRB403 Available - Non-Beta Version  (Read 24949 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: ANRB403 Available - Non-Beta Version
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2010, 11:22:12 AM »
I did a clean install to an empty directory, but then copied back D008.dat, FLAGS, LOGOS, PHOTOS, Databases, etc.

Showing as version 3.1.1.77
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:25:32 AM by tarbat »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »
Are we all starting from clean installs?

At this point in time I have copied no extra files in to the latest Airnav3D  directory and I am not seeing some of the problems reported.

Clean install into a new directory in XP Home.  However, there is a good chance that the Registry settings from the numerous different versions of RB I've got in various directories - are being read when I'm running this version of 3D.  For sure, my username and password details are there when I run fresh installs.

Maybe we need some sort of Registry 'flush' to properly test a new install - make sure you have your username/password though!

EMA

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
Same file version, size and date but product version shows 1.0.0.0

Username and password come from Registry entries but I installed in a new directory NTFS file system and have not copied any files over.

Allocator

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »
A lot of other stuff comes from the registry entries too - Alert Settings, Fleet Watch Settings, Menu settings like Airport, Overlay etc.

Allocator

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2010, 11:45:04 AM »

3. When I switch back to the 2D map, the map is zoomed out a lot further than it was before I went into the 3D map.  The 2D map should retain all it's settings even if you switch to the 3D map and then back.

Also, when changing to 2D view or split view from the 3D window, the following are always selected to 'On'

Airports
Highways/Interstates
States
Country Boundaries
Urban Areas

If you deselect all these then go back to the split view, they are switched on again.

Not happening for me, I selected them off in 2D mode and they stay off even in split mode.

OK, fixed the menu items not being remembered:

- Selected 2D map
- Deselected the menus display items
- CLOSED DOWN RB 3D whilst in 2D map mode
- Restarted 3D - starts in 2D map mode with menu settings remembered
- Now when I select Split > 3D View > 2D all the menus selections are remembered correctly.

I was shutting down in 3D View mode before.

Still can't get the little aeroplane symbols back in the coloured globes though.

EMA

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
Yes I have just been going down the list of registry settings.

I use on three seperate systems and would expect to see some of the issues you report.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »
Still can't get the little aeroplane symbols back in the coloured globes though.

Same here.  I assumed it was a deliberate change in this version.

Allocator

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »

Same here.  I assumed it was a deliberate change in this version.

I was running it yesterday and they were there - at least I THINK that I was running the latest version, or was it the previous Beta?

Can't turn off the country/county boundaries at all and I don't remember seeing those before, although I might be wrong.

Software version showing as 4.03 2010/02/07 03:26

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 11:58:01 AM »
Can't turn off the country/county boundaries at all and I don't remember seeing those before, although I might be wrong.

Have you turned them off in the 3D preferences?  "Show borders and place labels".

Allocator

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 12:03:44 PM »

Have you turned them off in the 3D preferences?  "Show borders and place labels".

Ahhhhhhhhhhh............ right!

Thank you tarbat - off to find my dunces hat!  Was clicking the 2D menu selection ........

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »
Thank you tarbat - off to find my dunces hat!  Was clicking the 2D menu selection ........

But, I bet that's one that will get asked a dozen times or more in the forum once 3D goes live :(

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 01:59:28 PM »

The little aircraft icons in the color spheres have been removed in this version. There was a lot of confusion reported with those icons so we got rid of them.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 02:03:08 PM »
3. When I switch back to the 2D map, the map is zoomed out a lot further than it was before I went into the 3D map.  The 2D map should retain all it's settings even if you switch to the 3D map and then back.

Okay, the only way I can get it to remember my 2D map position/zoom, is to use the "Default.ml3" map.  If I use any other map, such as my "2 Highlands.ml3", it forgets the map position/zoom when I go from 3D to 2D, even though I've used Menu - Window - Record.  Looks like a bug to me.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »
Don't know if this is a bug, or just bad data from the EZY aircraft.

I've seen a couple of those in the past (not in the latest version). You must have been fast to catch it, everytime by the time I've started up the screen capture program, they have corrected themselves.

The pitch is calculated based on the difference in altitude and distance between the two latest points (lat/long). It looks like the data coming in results in a bad pitch calculation. I will implement a max/min pitch to eliminate this in the next release. Thanks for pointing it out.

Allocator

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2010, 05:48:16 PM »

The little aircraft icons in the color spheres have been removed in this version. There was a lot of confusion reported with those icons so we got rid of them.

OK, the only issue I have with this is that it is no longer obvious which way the aircraft are heading.  As my PC really struggles with anything other than 'Minimum' for the Network traffic and even with the Network refresh rate set at 30 seconds, you have to watch carefully to see the flow of Network traffic.  I'm not getting any trail at all from Network traffic either, only from the Hardware traffic.

If I set Network to 'Medium' my PC more or less stops dead and the 3D view is unusable.

Personally, I'd like to see the aeroplane symbols return - either that, or a way of reducing the PC loading that allows me to display 2D network symbols.

If the Network aircraft globes created a trail, that would help.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:50:23 PM by Allocator »