AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ANRB403 Available - Non-Beta Version  (Read 24806 times)

EMA

Re: ANRB403 Available - Non-Beta Version
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 09:31:10 AM »
One bug reported remains: the Preferences window jumping to the background when ticked (not always, but occasionally). Great product though, enjoying it thanks to you...

Frank

Hi Frank

I am not seeing the Preferences window problem on my Win 7 systems here.

cheers

Kevin

EMA

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 09:33:38 AM »
I have been running the new release since yesterday and I have only had to reload the 3D plugin once.

The Alerts are comming up okay and as yet I have still found no issues.

Network is fine although I only use the delayed option.

Kevin

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 09:51:33 AM »
Feedback on the installation process only.

I tested by taking a backup of my current ANRB folder, and then doing a clean install with the latest installation exe.  I then compare current to backup using Beyond Compare.

1. You might want to include the updated D008.dat file, and five new flags for Ecuador_Mil, Lithuania_Mil, Panama_Mil, Qatar_Mil, Venezuela_Mil.  See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4263

2. You might want to include all the latest logos.  See http://www.radarbox.gofreeserve.com/AllNewLogos_23-01-10.zip

I'll test the latest version today.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 10:03:27 AM »
Possible issues, some of which have been reported before.  None are showstoppers, although all will probably generate forum complaints and problem tickets ;)

1. Need an option to startup in 2D mode.  FIXED

2. If you select a smaller size "fixed scale" for the aircraft model in preferences, then the 2D icon of an aircraft should also reduce in size so that it is a similar size to a 3D model.

3. When I switch back to the 2D map, the map is zoomed out a lot further than it was before I went into the 3D map.  The 2D map should retain all it's settings even if you switch to the 3D map and then back.

4. Is Radarbox meant to remember what external KMZs you've selected?  I just restarted Radarbox, and it's forgotten that I selected the UK airspace KMZ.

5. I can't find the "Use Only 3D Aircraft Models (if available)" tickbox anymore.  Has this been removed?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:30:19 AM by tarbat »

Frank

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »
One bug reported remains: the Preferences window jumping to the background when ticked (not always, but occasionally). Great product though, enjoying it thanks to you...

Frank

Hi Frank

cheers,

Kevin

On my setup it does occur only when the application is running in 3D mode. Running in 2D (mapview) gives no problems...

Frank
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:07:35 AM by Frank »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
The External KML Manager dialog box needs to sort the KMLs alphabetically.  With nearly 100 to chose from, finding the right one is very difficult with them listed in random order.

EMA

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 10:11:49 AM »

Frank

Hi Frank

cheers,

Kevin

On my setup it does occur only when the application is running in 3D mode. Running in 2D (mapview) gives no problems...

Frank

It is not doing this for me in 3D mode or 2D mode we must have something setup differently.

Kevin

EMA

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »
If I record desktop in 2D mode then switch to 3d, when I return to 2D mode the map is the same zoom level as when I left it.

Kevin

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 10:20:35 AM »
1. Need an option to startup in 2D mode.

The "tarbat option" has already been included :)

If you shutdown the app in 2D mode, when you restart the app it will be in 2D mode.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 10:23:51 AM »
If I record desktop in 2D mode then switch to 3d, when I return to 2D mode the map is the same zoom level as when I left it.

Still doesn't do that for me.

I setup my 2D view:

Select MENU - WINDOW - RECORD DESKTOP

Switch to 3D view

Switch back to 2D view, and get this:

Are we saying that whenever you switch back to the 2D view you have to restore the desktop from the menu?  Yes, if I select MENU - WINDOW - RESTORE DESKTOP, I get back to my original, but shouldn't it just restore automatically when returning from the 3D view?

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 10:25:05 AM »
The External KML Manager dialog box needs to sort the KMLs alphabetically.  With nearly 100 to chose from, finding the right one is very difficult with them listed in random order.

Must be on O/S thing - using XP Sp3 here and they are sorted alphabetically

EMA

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »
If I record desktop in 2D what ever I recorded will be seen when I switch back to 2D. I do not have to restore desktop it just works.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 10:28:36 AM »
If you shutdown the app in 2D mode, when you restart the app it will be in 2D mode.

Understood.  When I tested, I shutdown in 3D mode :(  You're correct, if you shutdown in 2D mode, next time it starts in 2D mode.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 10:32:05 AM »
If I record desktop in 2D what ever I recorded will be seen when I switch back to 2D. I do not have to restore desktop it just works.

Okay, but that doesn't work on my installation.  I go into 3D, and when I return, the map is still zoomed out.  I have to select Restore Desktop to get back to the original zoom level - see the screenshots I provided.

Also, if I startup in 2D, the MAP VIEW button is still enabled (not greyed out).  Clicking on it also then zooms out on the map.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:33:43 AM by tarbat »

EMA

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »

Also, if I startup in 2D, the MAP VIEW button is still enabled (not greyed out).  Clicking on it also then zooms out on the map.

Just started up in 2D and when Map View selected it refreshes to the same size map I started from, so we are seeing totally different behavoiur.