anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox New Version - Database Sync Feature  (Read 14007 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: RadarBox New Version - Database Sync Feature
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »
It really would be much better if we had not that be manually updating the data.
But here in Brazil and I believe should occur in other countries, many aircraft remain long with the code ModeS country of origin. For example, several aircraft maintains the code ModeS U.S. and has a record-Brazilian PR-??? '. In previous automatic updates whenever I lose all the data that took a long time to get upgrade. Therefore, if each record-level option to mark whether or not to auto update would be helpful.

You'll be able to mark each of these aircraft with AUTOUPATE = N, to retain your manual updates.  Although it might be better to inform the database update team if the aircraft details are wrong.

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »
So will be great!

Yes I am already in contact with the upgrade team to send my data with the updated information of aircraft circulating in Brazilian skies.

Bell 407

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 11:20:32 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. From what I see your arguments make sense now.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 12:11:08 PM »
You can judge the quality of data from my log of yesterday's flights while beta testing.
See http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/data.htm

To those who noticed the "Régional/Air France" on my web-page log, don't worry, this problem with diacritical marks is only a problem on my web-page, not in the Radarbox beta!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/8163766624/sizes/o/in/photostream/

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »
sounds really great, personaly i would prefere a automatic update by default, with a option to check it to manualy for the few records where a personal update is nessecary.
but any upgrade of what whe have now, would be mutch apreciated

hugh

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 07:46:16 PM »
Good point can the option be to update or not before you start the radar box.

neroon79

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 03:59:20 AM »
I don't think, that it is possible to select before starting the radarbox software, but I think it shall be easy to add a selection list, were it is possible to select which section shall be set to auto-up-date and which shall not be set, during the first start-up of RB software.

But I think if an option is added to deselect all entries from auto-up-date, there should also be added the possibility to toggle it back. Of course for each section of Database.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

vena

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 08:17:58 AM »
Hi,
I think the update should be the choice of the user. If at startup or later according to the user's decision. I agree that it should not automatically run. I apologize for my English.
Vena
User since 2/2010 ARNB 4.03, Nejdek CZ, 18km NW LKKV, WIN7 32Bit Professional
Antenna:external Rama , 15m Ecoflex cable,

neroon79

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 06:33:06 PM »
I don't think, that it is possible to select before starting the radarbox software,

Why Not? I would have thought that adding another "button" to the "Welcome" box would be easy enough.
At the moment there are 4 buttons: Start, Account, Cancel and Start Demo.
Change the Start button to "Start with Auto-Update" and add another "Start without Auto-Update"
Seems, that we have a different opinion about before starting. In my oppinion the software is already running if it is comming to the "welcome" box. For you software is running, if Box is already receiving airframes. Ok, this misunderstanding is settled.

But I've to tell you, that I've totally disagree with the way you are proposing.

1. I'm using an option to avoid this box. That way the log-in is performed automatically. Only first start after installation is with welcome box. I don't like the idea to go back to the state were I have to click buttons to get the software to receiving state.

2. I want to have the option to select the section of database that is set to auto-update mode. Airframes yes, Routes No for examples. With your proposal it's only yes or no for whole Database.

3. I don't want to make this decision on each start, but more or less once for all at first start-up.

May be it is the best that on first start-up auto-update is set to off.
And a possibilty to switch on the auto-update function for each section is implemented whether in section preferences or directly at navdatabase editor. First time autoupdate is selected, the Y is added to all entries except the ones were a N was added before autoupdate was ticked first time.

I guess we will not get the perfect way for everyone.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
I guess we will not get the perfect way for everyone.

nope, but you're proposal is very close to what i would accept as "nearly" perfect ;-)

bratters

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »

Maybe AirNav will set the Auto-Update to OFF. Not only will it prevent anyone's Databases from being overwritten, but by opting into it, the demand on the AirNav servers would be less.

Quite right romdouk, I'm sure that's the best route.

Internet users should always be required to "opt in",  not to "opt out".

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
Internet users should always be required to "opt in",  not to "opt out".

Well said John, couldn't agree more.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »
I disagree, internet users should just go straight in, non internet users should require to opt out.

Alan

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »
Hi Alan, without going into detail and starting the well done discussion yet again - you know just what I'm getting at, I'm certain!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
Yes John I am fully aware of what is meant but like yourself I can still have my view on the subject.

Any way the thread is about the proposed autoupdate feature so lets keep it that way.

Alan