anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do you use plane plotter?

I bought plane plotter
37 (48.1%)
I tried plane plotter
17 (22.1%)
I havent used it
23 (29.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: PlanePlotter  (Read 68854 times)

GlynH

Re: PlanePlotter
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2010, 05:27:06 PM »
Well I finally got around to installing PlanePlotter and have it setup to read data from my RB & ACARS data from my WiNRADiO.

Great to see that it properly supports the WR Virtual Soundcard unlike the AirNav ACARS Decoder...that program is long overdue an update. Any plans AirNav?

Like Tarbat I am somewhat underwhelmed with MLAT - unlike Tarbat I can at least see MLAT aircraft. Not sure why you can't Chris...surely it doesn't depend upon your location if there are Ground Stations out there that supply the data anyway?

It took me a day of CTRL-Clicking in vain on rare orange aircraft on the Chart as indicated from the various MLAT sources before I discovered I couldn't MLAT anything from the Chart and instead had to select the aircraft from the MLAT Possible list <blush>

Then you have the looong 60 second wait before the Chart springs to a part of the country not covered by a map to display the contact criss-crossed by a myriad of blue lines.

Once that is done how the hell do you close the MLAT request box as the Close gadget is ghosted out and it keeps reappearing??

I am also disappointed that I am unable to become a Ground Station as COAA/PP only accept data from the SBS1 - why is that because I thought that RB is now supposed to be 100% compatible with any Add-Ons?

I have registered PP but don't think I will subscribe to the MLAT option as it all seems very clunky to me.

The main reason I finally installed PP was to feed my data to Pink Fruit who have developed Plane Finder for the iPhone...

As others around here have mentioned it does take some setting up and getting your head around...even now I am not 100% that it is all working as I wish  but I do know it is feeding data to PlaneFinder and I can assume PP as well according to the All Aircraft list where I can see my Sharing ID listed in most of the aircrift listed...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 05:34:35 PM by GlynH »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2010, 06:02:02 PM »
I am also disappointed that I am unable to become a Ground Station as COAA/PP only accept data from the SBS1 - why is that because I thought that RB is now supposed to be 100% compatible with any Add-Ons?

No, RB is compatible with add-ons that are driven by the port 30003 TCP/IP socket output.  I do wish AirNav would make that distinction clear.

That doesn't cover add-ons that interact with the database (like Active Display) or those that use raw packet and timing data direct from the SBS (like PP MLat ).

But we're now promised RadarBox MLat, so your disappointment should be short-lived.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

bratters

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »

But we're now promised RadarBox MLat, so your disappointment should be short-lived.

"Shortlived" ........relative to what I wonder? 

If there were a sweepstake for a non-beta oven ready MLat product, which side of Christmas would you put your money on Dave?

GlynH

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »
Yeah well it threw me...not that it takes much to do so anyway!

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4304.0

----------snip----------
RadarBox 100% Compatible with Add-On Applications

Did you know? AirNav RadarBox latest version is 100% compatible with all add-on exiting on the market.

This means that if you Upgrade from your present Virtual Radar to RadarBox you can continue to use the add-on applications you've been using for the last years.
----------snip----------

Maybe that should read 99% compatible then?

Or maybe written in 99% English! ;^)

<ducking>

So apart from PP MLAT are there any other Add-Ons that might not work with RB then Dave?

RadarBox MLAT?

Well I'm not holding my breath...I just wish AirNav would incorporate some of the other fundamental features they have been promising for years...I'm not going to mention proper multi-monitor support with undockable windows here because it is off-topic and I normally upset the natives and get flamed...<sigh>

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »
Multi monitor support was never promised Glyn, in fact if I remember correctly, AirNav said it was difficult and MIGHT consider it some time in the future.

Don't get confused between what people have ASKED for and what AN have said that they will look into :-)

EMA

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2010, 06:42:04 PM »
I thought he was not going to mention multi-monitor support?

GlynH

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »
Multi monitor support was never promised Glyn, in fact if I remember correctly, AirNav said it was difficult and MIGHT consider it some time in the future.

Don't get confused between what people have ASKED for and what AN have said that they will look into :-)

You will excuse me for getting confused because even before I purchased my RB way back in July 2008;

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1099.msg8572#msg8572

And here the following month;

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1261.msg9387#msg9387

But please...I do not want this to start all over again and this thread was about PlanePlotter...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:50:53 PM by GlynH »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
OK, fair enough, I don't recall that post.