anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta  (Read 324718 times)

snowman

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »
Another bug I've found which I find really frustrating is the failure to save my label colour preferences. Every time I load the application I have to go through and reset all the label colours as I would like them. It would be great to have them saved to avoid doing this

Snowman, are you saving "Exporting" your colour scheme after making the changes?  Your new scheme will then appear in the colour drop-down menu for access with one button click.

No I'm not - it never occurred to me that the Export button worked like that, but now you've said it it seems fairly obvious. I must have missed that in the User Guide. Thanks Allocator - I'll give it a try now

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2009, 08:33:28 AM »
Export as Default.mcl is best

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »
HI I also am only seeing the * with unknowns as per Col's entry.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

dor4x

« Reply #288 on: June 21, 2009, 09:28:21 AM »
Hi
Good work! Loved the ZOOM IN OUT keybpard shortcut!
Small bug when working with dual monitors. I can only guess it is some kind of memory adressing problem.
As I work with 2 monitors I can't drag the RadarBox to be displayed on both monitors as I could before. I get white screen and program stuck. Sometimes after 30 sec it come back to life.
It would be nice RD would remeber last windo size configuration..
Thanks
Thanks.

abrad41

« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2009, 09:36:26 AM »
Hi

Has anybody else had problems with this.

Before the menu's were slow and hanging - now with V3 I have a problem with them being to quick, I click on the menu's and they are gone before I have a chance to select what I want.

Cheers

Andy

John Racars

« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »
I changed timeouts

I changed "Timeout for MyFlights" in the "Preferences">"Radarbox"-window into 110 / 790 (like you did Tarbat?).

I did not analyse my report of yesterday yet, but after a quick view it looks better.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

abrad41

« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »
Hi

Has anybody else had problems with this.

Before the menu's were slow and hanging - now with V3 I have a problem with them being to quick, I click on the menu's and they are gone before I have a chance to select what I want.

This is also happening with all the menu's including the filter menu's. This seem to be ok at startup, but after about 5 mins the problem start

Andy

bailey_uk

« Reply #292 on: June 21, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »

1) The label for the Pole Hill VOR seems to have permanently disappeared. When I first started 3.0 Beta I didn't have labels for the Warton and Trent VORs but did have Pole Hill. I exited from the program and re-entered. I found then that the labels for Warton and Trent had appeared but now I've lost Pole Hill (see attached screen shot).

I second this also, was about to say the same thing regarding Pole Hill Label.

SP3 also.

James

Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »
my program is working ok, it must be a bug
frank
ciao.
frank

bailey_uk

« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2009, 11:39:41 AM »
Regarding the FIX issue,
It appears there are a handfull of new ones added that must be quite recent that definitely want to stay.

The other ones that are just cluttering up the screen tend to be the ones indictating distances to fix's, which are not needed in my opinion.

James

Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

EK01

« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2009, 12:49:51 PM »
James,

Totally agree with you on that one. Far too cluttered now.

Ian

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2009, 05:14:25 PM »
i have to correct my last post, when updating from network the program hangs, it restarts working when the connection to network has finished , please look into this
thanks
frank
ciao.
frank

dchainey

« Reply #297 on: June 21, 2009, 09:19:36 PM »
My update seems to be working fine with one exception. Typically while traveling I run RB on my laptop. When I get home I transfer MyLog to my main computer for manipulation (it's faster, easier to use etc). However when I transferred MyLog.db3 from Airnav Systems/AirNav Radarbox 2009/Data I ended up with only historical data, nothing from after when I installed v3.0. Does 3.0 store data in a different place?

Look in AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta\Data

This directory doesn't exist in upgraded versions. However it appeared when I did a full install. On copying MyLog from this directory to my main PC, I still got the same problem. It's not showing any flights after 8/2008, which is maybe when I did the RB2009 upgrade.

DaveC

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2009, 10:53:49 PM »
I've just seen a Flight going to Robin Hood Airport, doesn't exist on the map, well the outline does but no identifier or name.

Stuart.

Got version 3 working in compatability mode for 98/me. on xp and sp3 otherwise nothing.

dchainey

« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »
My update seems to be working fine with one exception. Typically while traveling I run RB on my laptop. When I get home I transfer MyLog to my main computer for manipulation (it's faster, easier to use etc). However when I transferred MyLog.db3 from Airnav Systems/AirNav Radarbox 2009/Data I ended up with only historical data, nothing from after when I installed v3.0. Does 3.0 store data in a different place?

Look in AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta\Data

This directory doesn't exist in upgraded versions. However it appeared when I did a full install. On copying MyLog from this directory to my main PC, I still got the same problem. It's not showing any flights after 8/2008, which is maybe when I did the RB2009 upgrade.

DaveC

I've done a little more investigating. Firstly I should explain more fully what I am currently doing. While at home I run RB on an XP Pro desktop. It has the full install of the RB 3.0 beta. It seems to be behaving normally. There are two Airnav directories (I'm paraphrasing the full names),

Airnav/Arb 2009/data

Airnav/ARB 2009 3.0 beta/Data

The first contains MyLog.db3           2.38Mb created at 1.51pm today
The second contains MyLog.db3         90Kb created at 3.54pm today

My log appears to run normally on this computer.

When I travel, I take an XP Home SP3 laptop with me, and, in the past, I've transferred MyLog.db3 from the first computer to this. If I do this now, MyLog only runs up as far as June 19. When I get home, I transfer MyLog from the laptop to a desktop running Vista Home SP2. If I do this now, the data only runs as far as June 2008.

Very odd!!

Do I still need the Radarbox 2008 and Radarbox 2009 directories on the various computers?

DaveC
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 11:18:57 PM by dchainey »