anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta  (Read 324792 times)

EK01

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta
« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »
Just as FYI for you guys. Here are the bugs being looked at present

Serious:

Some machines software does not start with error. (Comptability fix)
Aircraft on map disspearing and returning with zoom

High:

Full screen and then return does not show map/aircraft
Duplicate Entries of flights in MyLog, required longer timeout or capabilty for user to change timeout
Check route alogrtithm and sometimes wrong routes are being displayed
Range alerts not working

Low:

Font issue with commas and dots in custom legend
Filter to last ten minutes or one hour in MyLog Missing
No icon to resize interface window shown
Entries of closed maps in windows menu
Error message in preference menu
The 'execute a file' box is always ticked in alerts
Text showing the aircraft details to the right of the photo of the aircraft is getting clipped
No up and down icons for Flights

Airnav Support, can you please add the problem of too many fixes now showing and whether some sort of filter to restrict them can be added. Perhaps under 'High' as there have been quite a few mentions.

Cheers

Paulc

« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »
Running RB V3 beta on XP sp3 laptop - working fine. Database explorer menu seems to appear more quickly than before.
One minor bug is that a lot of the airfied names disappear when adding the vor beacons. Am guessing this is to stop screen becoming too cluttered but it was ok on the previous version

Lou

« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »
Hi Airnav thanx for all the hard work, I got a couple of problems and a couple of remedy`s for some problems others have posted.My problem no alerts work at all also notification does not work, im running Vista sp2 core 2 duo 2.66 with 4 Gb ram, the failure to start also happened to me, I found that right clicking the icon and clicking run as administrator did the trick for me,after this just normal left click starts the programme every time. I also had the navy blue background after esc from full screen,I got round this by going to windows/restore desktop this brought me right back to the screen I was using. By the way i`ve got network flight`s turned off (wish this was default). Regards Lou

golf

« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2009, 08:52:04 PM »
Hi after upgrade to v3.0 i have no Logos, Silhouettes or Photo's in my flights(show photos is ticked in tools) .
I'm running Vista Home Premium on laptop. Cheers

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »
Did you download/run the update from v2.0, or the full install?

Which folder do you have ANRB installed in?

Do the Silhouette, Photo, and Logo folders exist in your Radabox/Data folder?

golf

« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »
Hi tarbat tried full install and update. Latest attempt is with update.
ANRB is installed in program files.
Photos Logo Silhouettes are there in Data folder.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2009, 10:00:48 PM »
Don't think anyone else has reported a problem like this.  So, all I can suggest is to do a full install, but DON'T use the default location in Program Files.  Put it somewhere like C:\Airnav

dchainey

« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »
My update seems to be working fine with one exception. Typically while traveling I run RB on my laptop. When I get home I transfer MyLog to my main computer for manipulation (it's faster, easier to use etc). However when I transferred MyLog.db3 from Airnav Systems/AirNav Radarbox 2009/Data I ended up with only historical data, nothing from after when I installed v3.0. Does 3.0 store data in a different place?

DaveC

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2009, 11:15:19 PM »
Hi Airnav

I also now have noted the trails and no aircraft scenario. if I zoom in/out the aircraft appears. Any advice please?

john

Dohhh sorry read earlier reply, I understand this is under review.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 11:22:24 PM by Canonjohns40D »
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »
As mentioned in the earlier status post, we are investigating the issue and hoping to have it fixed asp.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2009, 07:37:46 AM »
My update seems to be working fine with one exception. Typically while traveling I run RB on my laptop. When I get home I transfer MyLog to my main computer for manipulation (it's faster, easier to use etc). However when I transferred MyLog.db3 from Airnav Systems/AirNav Radarbox 2009/Data I ended up with only historical data, nothing from after when I installed v3.0. Does 3.0 store data in a different place?

Look in AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta\Data
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

snowman

« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2009, 08:20:36 AM »
Another bug I've found which I find really frustrating is the failure to save my label colour preferences. Every time I load the application I have to go through and reset all the label colours as I would like them. It would be great to have them saved to avoid doing this

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2009, 08:22:43 AM »
Another bug I've found which I find really frustrating is the failure to save my label colour preferences. Every time I load the application I have to go through and reset all the label colours as I would like them. It would be great to have them saved to avoid doing this

Snowman, are you saving "Exporting" your colour scheme after making the changes?  Your new scheme will then appear in the colour drop-down menu for access with one button click.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #283 on: June 21, 2009, 08:24:43 AM »
Not a definitive answer, it needs more long-term testing, but increasing the timeout times for local flights appears to cure this problem of duplicate entries in MyLog.

Okay, this has cured the duplicate entries in MyLog.  With a total timeout time of 15 minutes, I don't see any duplicate MyLog entries.  I changed timeouts at 10am yesterday, and after that time I have no duplicates - see yesterdays log at http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/data.html

Col

« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2009, 08:25:27 AM »
Hi

I installed yesterday on my desktop running XP SP3 with no issues at all.

The only problem I have seen is with the reporter - instead of putting a * next to new aircraft it is only putting next too unknown codes. I could not see this in thelist of bugs already summarised above.
Cheers
Colin
Regards

Colin
Wokingham, Berkshire