anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta  (Read 324151 times)

John Racars

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2009, 11:10:01 AM »
If you want to try this, also remember that you might want to filter the aircraft list on Status<>1Timeout

Would be useful for others to test this to see if they still get duplicate log entries.

Tarbat, I should like to take part in testing this; has this consequenses for my SQL?
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2009, 11:15:34 AM »
Tarbat, I should like to take part in testing this; has this consequenses for my SQL?

No changes to your SQL needed.  Although you can also look at the TODAY report in Radarbox itself.

John Racars

« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2009, 12:07:02 PM »
About Route information:

Just seen on the map:

KLM1324 EHAM-LEMD; should be EVRA-EHAM (like it is known and correctly in the RB route database).

New mystery?
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »
I've a few problems with v3.0 Beta.

1) The label for the Pole Hill VOR seems to have permanently disappeared. When I first started 3.0 Beta I didn't have labels for the Warton and Trent VORs but did have Pole Hill. I exited from the program and re-entered. I found then that the labels for Warton and Trent had appeared but now I've lost Pole Hill (see attached screen shot).

2) A bug I repported several months ago is still present. The text showing the aircraft details to the right of the photo of the aircraft is getting clipped by something on the far right of the panel (I have circled this in red on the screen shot). If I cover up that area with something like NotePad and then minimise NotePad to force a repainting of that area then the text is displayed correctly. I obvious don't want to keep popping up NotePad though. Putting the mouse over the flight on the map redisplays the text and it gets clipped again.

3) As some others have reported, I am now swamped by Waypoints. Compare waypoints on the v2.0 screen shot with those on the v3.0.

I am running under Windows XP with SP3. I did a complete install of 3.0 Beta to a new directory.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »
Andy,

I can only get the truncated information if I select one ac photo only and increase the size of the map so that it's only showing as far as the "SmartView" tab.  If you reduce the size of your map by a fraction, I'd guess that this problem goes away.  It's almost as if there is a small 'border' to the left of the map window.

I run with 2 photos selected and the map covering the ADS-B Only button at the top with the Show all button visible.

I'm gett the Pole Hill label OK.  Are you using the new .dat file?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:00:47 PM by Allocator »

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2009, 01:12:28 PM »
That's called a "work-around" in the business! Adapting usage to an existing bug.

There is no problem with me being able to see the text with my map that size (I want to see as much of the map as possible) because the text is drawn correctly if I refresh it manually using NotePad as described above. The problem is that something else is being drawn unnecessarily over that text when it is updated. If it is a map border then it should be refreshed before the text is drawn and not after it. Then this problem will not occur.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2009, 01:23:39 PM »
Anybody else noticed the Wandering Weather toolbar? It seems to randomly switch between these two positions ( and I once saw it over on the left beside the Menu):

Rod
Rod

Allocator

« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »
The reason why I've never seen this before is because I've never had the aircraft list so small :-)

I need to see:

ACARS
Globe
Mode S
Flag
Flight ID
Registration
Aircraft
Shilloutte
Airline
Route

And with my lovely big screen 22 inch screen running at 1680 x 1050 I can see everything :-)

Edit: In fact I do have the map a bit smaller as I show Altitude and squawk too.  That also allows me to see the ADS-B Only button as well.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 02:08:21 PM by Allocator »

Allocator

« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »
Anybody else noticed the Wandering Weather toolbar? It seems to randomly switch between these two positions ( and I once saw it over on the left beside the Menu):

Rod

Oh yes, I can see this now you've pointed it out.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
I thought that was just me with all the new stuff floating around
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »
Concerning my previous problem with loss of names on VORs, this seems to be affected by whether I choose to display Fixed points or not. If I remove Fixed points then I get back the name of the Pole Hill VOR. If I add Fixed points then I lose one or more VOR names.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2009, 02:46:59 PM »
Thats probally due to the lack of space of the map then when all the fixes are on.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

EK01

« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2009, 02:51:27 PM »
Concerning my previous problem with loss of names on VORs, this seems to be affected by whether I choose to display Fixed points or not. If I remove Fixed points then I get back the name of the Pole Hill VOR. If I add Fixed points then I lose one or more VOR names.

Andy,

I have the same problem. When I turn on the Fixes, the names of Glasgow and Prestwick airports disappear but when I switch Fixes off the airport names come back on again. The huge increase in Fixes is obviously causing problems.

Cheers,

Ian

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2009, 03:11:13 PM »
Maybe someone can enlighten me, I don't understand where all these extra fix points have come from in 3.0 Beta and why they are necessary. Isn't it enough with the fix points we had in V2.0? I think that was the same as listed at http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/current/enr/EG_ENR_4_4_en.pdf (for the UK anyway). Maybe we can have different levels of the number of fix points the user wants displayed.

Zooming is painfully slow with all the fix points displayed. It can take 8,9 or 10 seconds to zoom one step in/out with my fast Dual-Core machine. Without fix points the zooming is instantaneous.

A small point concerning zooming. Zooming the map in and out with the + or - keys, mouse wheel or right-click menu isn't consistent. One step of zooming in followed by one step of zooming out doesn't put the map back where it was but zooms out one extra step.

EMA

« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2009, 03:14:16 PM »
Maybe someone can enlighten me, I don't understand where all these extra fix points have come from in 3.0 Beta and why they are necessary.

I think it has been mentioned somewhere in this thread by Airnav but it is getting so long I cannot find it.