anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta  (Read 325024 times)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2009, 07:43:47 AM »
When I go to 'MAP' at the top of the screen, click on it then 'Set Map To' a list of the various countries comes up but the countries I added on version 2 do not seem to be there. However when I go into C:\AirNav Systems then into AirNav Radarbox 2009 and then into the Map folder all the maps I created in version 2 are there. How do I get these maps to go into the drop down map menu in version 3 without having to individually create them all over again.
I found that V3 beta creates a new set of folders and files specofocally for the beat so you need to be sure you have the maps in the correct folder for the 3beta version....

Cheers,

Ian
I found that V3 beta creates a new set of folders and files specifically for the beta so you need to be sure you have the maps in the correct folder for the 3beta version....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 07:45:34 AM by Roadrunner »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2009, 07:50:54 AM »
Hi Support and All,

I just made my SQL-report of yesterday flightmovements in my area of reception. I did the same I always did before installing version 3.0 Beta.

The results are to cry so bad. If you like to see the report, please let me know and I will sent it to you. When anlyzing this report maybe it gives you possibly an impression of the problems.

Can you at least give us a clue - what's the problem?  My daily SQL report looks okay - see yesterday's report at http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/data.html

What SQL are you using?

John Racars

« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2009, 08:05:39 AM »
What SQL are you using?

The same as you give to me around 2-3 weeks ago:

SELECT
  Flights.Route,
  Flights.Callsign,
  Flights.EndTime,
  Flights.ModeS,
  Flights.MsgCount,
  Flights.Registration,
  Flights.Session,
  Flights.StartTime,
  Flights.StartPosition,
  Flights.EndPosition,
  Flights.StartAltitude,
  Flights.EndAltitude,
  Flights.StartGS,
  Flights.EndGS,
  Aircraft.Comment,
  Aircraft.LastTime,
  Aircraft.FirstTime,
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeLong,
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeSmall,
  Aircraft.Airline,
  Aircraft.ModeS,
  Aircraft.ModeSCountry,
  Aircraft.Registration,
  Aircraft.ADSB
FROM
 Flights
 LEFT OUTER JOIN Aircraft ON (Flights.ModeS=Aircraft.ModeS)
WHERE
  (Flights.StartTime LIKE '2009/06/19%')
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2009, 08:06:35 AM »
Airnav, I do think we need an adjustment to the length of time used to decide whether a new flight has started.  At the moment, with just a couple of minutes lost signal from an aircraft, Radarbox creates a new flight record in the log.

I would suggest a time interval of 15 minutes.  Does that sound reasonable?  Or is this tied-in to the timeout settings?

See examples in my daily report - G-CIVD is a good example, three flights:
BAW285 ended 12:50
BAW285 ended 12:55
BAW285 ended 13:09

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:10:17 AM by tarbat »

TedLoon

« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2009, 08:15:49 AM »
tarbat i agree but looking at your log you would still have picked the flight up twice even with a 15 minute interval. what about 30-45 min

colin

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2009, 08:16:29 AM »
I'm not getting any KC-135 flight IDs though.  I still need to verify with an SBS user as to whether or not they even have a flight ID.

One in my log yesterday - 58-0093 with FlightID QID95.  See log at http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/data.html

In fact, looking through my previous days' logs, I see several KC-135s with FlightIDs like RCH0345, EXPO88, etc.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2009, 08:20:08 AM »
tarbat i agree but looking at your log you would still have picked the flight up twice even with a 15 minute interval. what about 30-45 min

Remember you're only seeing the END TIME in my log report.  I'd expect the time interval to be between the END TIME and the next START TIME.

30-45 minutes could mean that an aircraft lands, and then takes off, and you'd only get one flight record in the log.  Would only be a problem for aircraft without FlightIDs, because typically the FlightID would change between landing and takeoff.

I think anything more than the turnaround time could be a problem.  As an experiment today, I've increased my TIMEOUT time in preferences to see what that does to the log.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:22:24 AM by tarbat »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2009, 08:32:01 AM »
30-45 minutes could mean that an aircraft lands, and then takes off, and you'd only get one flight record in the log.  Would only be a problem for aircraft without FlightIDs, because typically the FlightID would change between landing and takeoff.

I think anything more than the turnaround time could be a problem.  As an experiment today, I've increased my TIMEOUT time in preferences to see what that does to the log.

There's a discussion about this issue earlier on in this thread:  www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2893.msg25878#msg25878

I had the same problem with my LHR database, trying to decide how soon an aircraft can feasibly reappear after landing - the answer IMHO is to make the "new-flight timout" a user-configurable parameter.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2009, 08:35:07 AM »
There's a discussion about this issue earlier on in this thread:  www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2893.msg25878#msg25878

I had the same problem with my LHR database, trying to decide how soon an aircraft can feasibly reappear after landing - the answer IMHO is to make the "new-flight timout" a user-configurable parameter.

Agreed.  15 minutes sounds like a useful default, and maybe let the user change that in Preferences.

Airnav, can we get this change included in the next beta?

dumpty

« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2009, 08:56:50 AM »
This is a wierd one;

On the map display i keep losing the plane symbol and info from any new planes coming on to the display particuarly fom the bottom of the screen going north.If it weren't for the trails I wouldn't know they were there.

However if i zoom in or out the plane symbol and info appear no problem!

Keep up the good work airnav.

Simon

vruma

« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »
This is a wierd one;

On the map display i keep losing the plane symbol and info from any new planes coming on to the display particuarly fom the bottom of the screen going north.If it weren't for the trails I wouldn't know they were there.

Simon

Somehow my observation seems similar to the quoted post of Simon: having the map open for a while, one can see for instance three flights displayed on that map. When now you zoom out and back in again, suddenly there are many more than those three flights shown. Could this be a screen refresh problem?

EMA

« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2009, 10:26:36 AM »
This is a wierd one;

Simon

Looks like a similar problem to what I have experienced and posted earlier. I have seen this in the closed beta and the open one. I guess others are missing this because the aircraft are not there unless you zoom in/out. They do appear in the aircraft list but not the map so it looks like a map redraw issue.

UPDATE

After posting this I looked at my map and no aircraft were visible just a few odd trails, zooming in/out and 8 aircraft popped out of nowhere.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:30:24 AM by EMA »

EMA

« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »
Another new issue

When starting the program with hardware and network flights enabled I see network flights on the ground at my local airport that take 5 minutes to timeout, this did not happen in V2. They do go if I switch network off/on.

EK01

« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »
When I go to 'MAP' at the top of the screen, click on it then 'Set Map To' a list of the various countries comes up but the countries I added on version 2 do not seem to be there. However when I go into C:\AirNav Systems then into AirNav Radarbox 2009 and then into the Map folder all the maps I created in version 2 are there. How do I get these maps to go into the drop down map menu in version 3 without having to individually create them all over again.
I found that V3 beta creates a new set of folders and files specofocally for the beat so you need to be sure you have the maps in the correct folder for the 3beta version....

Cheers,

Ian
I found that V3 beta creates a new set of folders and files specifically for the beta so you need to be sure you have the maps in the correct folder for the 3beta version....

Roadrunner,

Not computer literate. Which is the best and easiest way to do this.

Ian

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2009, 10:56:40 AM »
As an experiment today, I've increased my TIMEOUT time in preferences to see what that does to the log.

Quick update on this.  Not a definitive answer, it needs more long-term testing, but increasing the timeout times for local flights appears to cure this problem of duplicate entries in MyLog.

Since 09:00UTC I've been running with local timeouts of 110/790 (total of 15 minutes), and have NO duplicate flight records in My Log.  If you want to try this, also remember that you might want to filter the aircraft list on Status<>1Timeout

Would be useful for others to test this to see if they still get duplicate log entries.