anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unable to send report via e-mail  (Read 16708 times)

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
Re: Unable to send report via e-mail
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 12:40:24 PM »
Hi People.

Airnav Support, Tarbat.

Thanks for your your help and effort.

According to my research, the problem can be described as follows:

1- Server mail.airnavsystems.com IP 74.55.96.226 , dos NOT have reverse DNS lookup configured in right way
2- In this situation, the majority of ISPs mail servers aroud the world, will reject any email coming from an SMTP in this situation.... BUT
3- If the ISP email server DOES NOT CHECK reverse from the sender, (very seldom nowadays) the email will be received without problems.
4- Maybe It would be interesting if Airnav people would take a look on the Merak logs, where probably will find a lot of emails rejected due to the lack of well configures reverse DNS for mail.airnavsystems.com
5- I tryed 5 diferent ISPs to receive report log and only worked with ONE, that probably his server DOES NOT CHECK reverse DNS from sender SMTP

Cheers.  Juan

prbflight

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 03:05:06 PM »
Hi People.

Airnav Support, Tarbat.

Thanks for your your help and effort.

According to my research, the problem can be described as follows:

1- Server mail.airnavsystems.com IP 74.55.96.226 , dos NOT have reverse DNS lookup configured in right way
2- In this situation, the majority of ISPs mail servers aroud the world, will reject any email coming from an SMTP in this situation.... BUT
3- If the ISP email server DOES NOT CHECK reverse from the sender, (very seldom nowadays) the email will be received without problems.
4- Maybe It would be interesting if Airnav people would take a look on the Merak logs, where probably will find a lot of emails rejected due to the lack of well configures reverse DNS for mail.airnavsystems.com
5- I tryed 5 diferent ISPs to receive report log and only worked with ONE, that probably his server DOES NOT CHECK reverse DNS from sender SMTP

Cheers.  Juan

Thanks for all your work on this topic Juan.  AirNav Support and Development Team could this be the problem that has been plaguing me for nearly two years?  Is there a solution in Juan's investigation that can fix my problem?
I hope to hear back

Thanks

Paul@cyyb

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
I think thats issue which has happened with the server change as we have had a few emails going missing. Thanks Juan we will take a look at that.

I don't think thats related to your issues Paul.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

juangelb

• Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »
Hi people,

I agree with Airnav Support.
The problem I reported started from maybe 20 days ago or so.
And never before I had problems in receiving reports to several ISPs accounts, servers, etc.
Also agree that the problem can be related to the change of the server, the IP addr of the server, configuration of server or even the DNS configuratios at theplanet.com since the IP addr of email server changed, ISP would need to update configs accornding.

And as I told earlier, RadarBox is marvelous ( I have 3 of them) and all are working fine !
And we are not even talking about software updates releases, the wishlist that Airnav is always working to implement....

I, personally am very glad with the overall work of Airnav and and never till now I did regret of at least one cent spent on RBs.

Congratulations Airnav !  Good work, from since before RB.
In those shadows days that the worldwide economy promises for a lot of people..... If someone has to win...I am sure that peolpe as Airnav Team,  they will.

Cheers. Juan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 08:37:55 PM »
Juan,

The email issue should now be fixed, if there still an issue give us a shout.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

HMN851X

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »
I'm still having problems with the reports I keep getting a 550 error

Fenris

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 09:39:22 PM »
I'm still having problems with the reports I keep getting a 550 error

Which is an Unknown user permanent failure I think.

Can you post the whole error message you get, with headers if you can.

juangelb

• Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 09:54:45 PM »
Airnav Support

I just arrived home and noticed a lot of Report emails from several days days
arriving OK.

I cheched the PTR for  IP 74.55.96.226 and DNS at this time and it is answering OK, as being mail.airnavsystems.com

So at this time I am receving all the emails loked, rejected, holded, etc along with several msgs Returned mail: response error, Returned mail: permanent problems with the remote server .... and so on
I think that soon it will end, since I think all this is due to the holded, rejected... emails due to errors during several days.

Once again: thanks Airnav

Cheers Juan

juangelb

• Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »
Again....

Well, it is nedded to understand tht a changed DNS record can take some time to replicate trough milions of DNSs over the internet......
So this precess can take from 1 hout to one day...  or more, it depends on specifuic TTL (Time to live) configurations os each DNS envolved.... I.E Airnav DNS, Your ISP DNS ....

But here it seems to be workin fine at this time.

Cheers. Juan