anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Route info sharing  (Read 48169 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Route info sharing
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2008, 02:06:58 PM »
Now here is an interesting one that I haven't seen before.

CWL93, an RAF HS125 Dominie with a route that resolves from the military callsign -
Cranwell to Kinloss.  I presume that this is an airways training flight and therefore the callsign is in the system.

And here it is in the Routes table having populated today:

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008, 04:48:08 PM »

CWL93, an RAF HS125 Dominie with a route that resolves from the military callsign -
Cranwell to Kinloss.  I presume that this is an airways training flight and therefore the callsign is in the system.

I very much doubt that you can reliably tie a CWLxx callsign to a specific route.

If CWL93 was always Cranwell to Kinloss, I wouldn't have 51 instances of it logged from here (Reading) - unless the standard of navigation in the RAF has significantly deteriorated  :-)

Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

testmonkey

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2008, 06:19:13 PM »
This is to say that a call sign could be inserted wrong by the crew and second don’t trust pilots!!

Haha, no sense of humour some people!

Got a TCX flight the other day that was showing the route as Birmingham to Ibiza but was on approach to Birmingham. Had to check the BHX arrivals to check whether it had turned back but just turned out to be a case of the pilots not updating the FMC and still broadcasting the outbound flight ID instead of the return one.

Until there's some sort of compulsory flight id broadcast legislation we're at the mercy of the crew.
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008, 06:42:22 PM »

I very much doubt that you can reliably tie a CWLxx callsign to a specific route.

If CWL93 was always Cranwell to Kinloss, I wouldn't have 51 instances of it logged from here (Reading) - unless the standard of navigation in the RAF has significantly deteriorated  :-)

Dave

Yes, quite possible, but I haven't seen this aircraft with a route before.  It just struck me as unusual.

testmonkey

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2008, 06:55:32 PM »
Here's the latest version of my Thomas Cook TCX routes file containing a number of new additions.

File now contains 992 routes.
testmonkey

dumpty

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2008, 07:43:36 AM »
Great work testmonkey.

As a total computer "thicko" where do i put the TCX routes and how do i do it?

Simon

testmonkey

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2008, 06:56:08 PM »
Hi Simon,

The file in its downloaded form can't be placed into RB without a bit of work so to import the routes you're going to improve your PC skills somewhat :)

First of all you'll need to download a free SQLite database editor to use. Seeing as you just need something simple for doing this I'd suggest that you downloaded a copy of SQLite Database Browser which is FREE and will do everything you need it to do whilst you learn SQL.
Once you've downloaded and placed a copy of it somewhere convenient you'll need to do the following.

1. Create 2 copies of the NavData.db3 database from the 'AirNav Radarbox 2009\Data' folder and place where you wish (keep one safe as a backup)
2. Start SQLite Database Browser and use the File - Open Database function to open one of your copies of NavData.db3
3. Now use File - Import - Import Table From CSV File. Browse to my file and import the data from it.
4. A new window will now open. In the New Table Name entry box enter Routes2. Tick the box for the option Extract field names from first line. Now click the Create button and wait until you receive confirmation that the process is complete. You should now have a new table in your database called Routes2 that contains my TCX route data.
5. Click on the Execute SQL tab and in the SQL String: box paste the following:
REPLACE INTO routes (FN,NO,ND,NV,CH)
SELECT FN,NO,ND,NV,CH
FROM routes2
and click the Execute Query button to perform the query above.
6. Now enter the following query in place of the last one and execute it to set your database back to its standard format:
DROP TABLE routes2
7. Now use File - Save Database to save the changes.
8. Copy your edited NavData database back into the \Data folder to overwrite the original.
9. Start up RB. If all starts okay you should now see the TCX flights getting populated with flight numbers (MyFlights only). If RB doesn't start copy the backup version of NavData back to restore the original.

VERY IMPORTANT - Make sure you make the 2 copies of NavData.db3 in step 1 - one to edit and the other as a backup just in case the process goes wrong (it shouldn't if you follow the instructions correctly!).

HTH
testmonkey

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2008, 07:04:10 PM »
Hmmmmm, now you're scaring me!   I won't even touch spreadsheets at work, having wiped one out on a previous occasion.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

testmonkey

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »
Hmmmmm, now you're scaring me!   I won't even touch spreadsheets at work, having wiped one out on a previous occasion.

Don't be scared! It's all quite simple if you follow the instructions :)
testmonkey