AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Route info sharing  (Read 48260 times)

John Racars

Re: Route info sharing
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2008, 08:40:41 AM »
If so there is a bug in the software which means if a flight is seen in your network list before it appears in MyFlights the route information doesn't get displayed. Untick the 'Process Hardware Flights' box at the bottom of the MyFlights page and then re-tick it again to re-enable MyFlights. The route information should now be displayed.

Today I added my "WZZ" flights into my localdatebase at the sameway as I did with yor TCX-database.

Edit: during this morning TCX-flights (p.e. TCX608K) apearring on my screen WITHOUT route information again.

Then I did as you described above: until sofar without any result. In other words: NO flightinformation.

For those who are interested to experiment with it, the "WZZ"-file comes with this.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:47:45 AM by John Racars »
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

testmonkey

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2008, 10:39:09 PM »
during this morning TCX-flights (p.e. TCX608K) apearring on my screen WITHOUT route information again.

Then I did as you described above: until sofar without any result. In other words: NO flightinformation.

Did you still have the network flights turned on when you did the above? If so did flight TCX608K show amongst the network flights when your local flights were turned off?

That's the only reason I can think of that the flight route still didn't get shown. Not to worry, it will hopefully be working as expected after the next update.

Thanks for the Wizz routes list. They fly into one of my 2 local airports and I often watch them pass over my office at around 1,500ft when I'm at work. They were on my list as one of the primary airlines to get done because of this.
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)

testmonkey

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2008, 10:39:36 PM »
Does anybody have route information for Brussels Airlines as I'd be very interested in that? It's one of the major missing ones as far as MyFlights go for me. I've taken a brief look at their routes but I'm struggling to find any consistent tie-up between the (passenger) flight numbers and (ADS-B) flight id's at first glance.

Cheers
testmonkey

John Racars

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2008, 09:09:55 PM »
author=testmonkey link=topic=1356.msg10914#msg10914Not to worry, it will hopefully be working as expected after the next update.

Hi Testmonkey,

Do you have any idea when this next update will come? Can't they bring us a bugfix or so that we can see our route informations as they are in our local database?
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

testmonkey

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2008, 09:39:34 PM »
Do you have any idea when this next update will come? Can't they bring us a bugfix or so that we can see our route informations as they are in our local database?

That's one for Support or Development to answer - I'm just another user like yourself (and a fairly new one at that seeing as I've only had my RB for a few weeks). It would appear that updates have been fairly frequent though so I wouldn't expect it to be too long.

On another note I finally opened your WZZ file tonight. First thing I noticed is that it's not actually a csv file. CSV stands for Comma Seperated Values but your file is seperated by semi-colons (;). Not really a problem though and I still appreciate the effort you put into it. I'm going to do a little research as I may be able to massively increase that list :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:41:14 PM by testmonkey »
testmonkey

John Racars

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2008, 09:50:05 PM »
On another note I finally opened your WZZ file tonight. First thing I noticed is that it's not actually a csv file.

I am verry sorry about that. I corrected this immediately and sending you a new file herewith.
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

testmonkey

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 01:32:38 AM »
Not a problem John, I just mentioned it for consistency. You could have called it .txt as it's easy enough to work with.

I've started updating your WZZ file and it looks like I should be able to expand it to 500+ flight ID's :)
testmonkey

testmonkey

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2008, 12:02:57 AM »
I've built a new Wizz Air (WZZ) file built on the basis of the one by John Racars (thanks John). When I analysed John's file a pattern became clear to me so I then checked a few live airport boards to confirm how they matched up to the actual flight numbers. It appeared there was a direct conversion that could be applied to match the flight ID's to the flight no's.

Next step was to search through RB and SBS-1 user logs to collect as many Wizz Air flight ID's as possible that had been seen over the last month. Checking some of these confirmed my theory on how the relationship between the flight ID's and flight no's were generated to the point that for all the ones I could confirm route data for I didn't find a single instance that didn't comply with my theory.

On that basis I've built a file that contains 6129 flight ID's!!! Of those approx. 600 have been seen at some point and the others match the criteria of 'possible' flight ID's that could appear.

For anyone who is performing any kind of flight look-up service the relationship works like this:   Flight ID WZZ106G = Flight No W6106

WZZ -> W6 (some theories suggest W60 but I couldn't find anything to confirm this)
106   -> 106 (some flights appear to have 4 digit flight numbers - crew error?)
G      -> alpha character (if present) is dropped

At first there appeared to be some logic to the last alpha character used but as I researched more flights this theory got disproved. I'm sure there are probably only limited ones used for each route but I've included all possible combinations as I couldn't find any conflicts from doing so.

As usual any updates or corrections gratefully received :)
testmonkey

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2008, 07:02:18 AM »
For anyone who is performing any kind of flight look-up service the relationship works like this:   Flight ID WZZ106G = Flight No W6106

WZZ -> W6 (some theories suggest W60 but I couldn't find anything to confirm this)
106   -> 106 (some flights appear to have 4 digit flight numbers - crew error?)
G      -> alpha character (if present) is dropped

At first there appeared to be some logic to the last alpha character used but as I researched more flights this theory got disproved. I'm sure there are probably only limited ones used for each route but I've included all possible combinations as I couldn't find any conflicts from doing so.

As usual any updates or corrections gratefully received :)

W6 is indeed the IATA two-character prefix for Wizz Air, and I would agree with the theory that the alpha suffix doesn't appear to signify anything relating to the actual route.  I've seen a few 4-digit WZZ callsigns, usually WZZ9xxx, although of course they don't have a letter suffix as the flightplan only allows for 7 characters in total.

HTH
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

testmonkey

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2008, 08:08:34 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation Dave, much appreciated.

Attached is an update to my Thomas Cook TCX list which includes a few updates and also 1 or 2 amendments. The file now contains 982 flight ID's
testmonkey

Deadcalm

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2008, 08:54:39 PM »
Testmonkey, I've been adding your TCX data as you post it, but the routes don't seem to show up on the map.  For example, I'm watching TCX516K (live traffic)just south of the Pyrenees at the moment, and although it's in your data, there is no departure/destination airfield shown in the target on the map.  Any ideas?

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

testmonkey

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2008, 11:45:51 PM »
Testmonkey, I've been adding your TCX data as you post it, but the routes don't seem to show up on the map.  For example, I'm watching TCX516K (live traffic)just south of the Pyrenees at the moment, and although it's in your data, there is no departure/destination airfield shown in the target on the map.  Any ideas?

DC

Hi DC

I take it when you refer to live traffic you are referring to MyFlights and not Network Flights? If so it should be showing the route information but there are a couple of things to consider / check:-

Do you have Network Flights turned on or have you recently had them turned on during the duration of this flight? If so there's a high probability that the flight has previously been listed under Network Flights and therefore the route information won't show due to the bug that AirNav have been made aware of.

If it's not that can you use the Database Browser within RB to check that the flight exists in the Routes table. If it's not there then obviously the import must have failed for some reason. Might be worth trying it again. If the import isn't working send me a PM and we'll see if we can step through the process you're doing to find where the error is.

If it's neither of the above then I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it's not showing. Certainly if it's in your routes table it should be showing up. I've just checked my own MyLog and that exact flight is listed with the route information so there shouldn't be a problem with that individual record within my TCX file.

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 11:48:59 PM by testmonkey »
testmonkey

Deadcalm

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2008, 07:11:16 AM »
Thanks, Testmonkey.  Just briefly looking at another one this morning - TCX983K.
This is live (via my antenna) - no route, doesn't appear in MyFlights, yet it's in the database.
Network is on, but have now turned it off.
Restarted RadarBox in network off state, and the route appears.  I assume, therefore, that this is the bug in the database software to which you refer.
I wonder if Airnav are any closer to fixing it, if so?  If my memory serves me right, this was highlighted in the previous version and was apparently supposed to have been fixed for v2.0.  I have long been dubious about the routes, and hope that this can be addressed soon.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

testmonkey

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »
I assume, therefore, that this is the bug in the database software to which you refer.

That's the one. No need to restart RB though - just uncheck and then re-check the Process Hardware Flights tickbox after turning Network Flights off.

I wasn't aware that it existed in v1.5 but then I wasn't paying so much attention to the routes until this version and the autopopulate function. Plus I only had my RB for a couple of weeks before v2.0 was released anyway so maybe didn't spot it if it was in that version. Glad it's not a problem with my file anyway :)
testmonkey

PEPITO

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2008, 11:02:02 PM »
I haven’t followed the whole line but just to drop a story in.

A few weeks ago one of our pilots inserted in the FMC BONJOUR instead of the flight ID. The flight was to France and he thought that only our ops would see that as we have ACARS com with ops. Well the fact was that he did a broadcast of BONJOUR during the whole flight.

Two days later we received a formal complaint from the French authorities.

This is to say that a call sign could be inserted wrong by the crew and second don’t trust pilots!!