AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New RadarBox Database Released  (Read 49271 times)

DaveG

Re: New RadarBox Database Released
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2011, 02:09:41 PM »
As mentioned in other posts, RadarBox software will be high priority to all our developers as soon as ShipTrax software is signed off which is now just round the corner.

Sorry to say, but Radarbox software should have had priority before ShipTrax as RB is the product  being used by customers NOW.   

Hows this all going to work when ShipTrax is release and bugs found within that, does it mean now both products will only have 50% of the developers time?
Cornwall, UK

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 03:11:32 PM »
As mentioned in other posts, RadarBox software will be high priority to all our developers as soon as ShipTrax software is signed off which is now just round the corner.

Sorry to say, but Radarbox software should have had priority before ShipTrax as RB is the product  being used by customers NOW.   

Hows this all going to work when ShipTrax is release and bugs found within that, does it mean now both products will only have 50% of the developers time?

Possibly the most concise and relevant post on the whole thread!

Well put Dave

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »
Of course we would like to do that as well but ShipTrax has also been delayed a while and that has taken priority.

We have many products that are go through updates etc.. though as we have mentioned RB will the priority once ShipTrax software is signed off.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »

Once the new version of RadarBox is released this will include updates in a better way which will allow updated to be pushed through.

Ah, at last, perhaps a little glimpse into the future - this would appear to infer a new item of hardware, not software is on the way - so probably no further major improvements to existing hardware owners and users, no M-Lat etc..

100% right Dave, well said, but from the above it appears that original RB owners are not the priority we should be.....................

ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »
Not sure how you can infer that. The database updates are handled by software not by hardware.
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
Not sure how you can infer that. The database updates are handled by software not by hardware.

Hi AN Support, very simply from your reply #58, and as quoted above "Once the new version of RadarBox is released this will include updates in a better way which will allow updates(d) to be pushed through" which infers new hardware not RB software program.   If you can contradict this and assure current RB owners that M-Lat and other promised improvements (but extremely tardy in being rolled out) will be software based not hardware, this would be extremely good news. Many thanks for your prompt responses (as always!).
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2011, 08:53:57 PM »
That question has been asked many times and its same the answer now.

Furthermore we have for years mentioned the quote "new version of RadarBox" that didn't mean Version 1.5, 2 or 3.13 were new boxes.

We are not giving anything away.. yet :)
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2011, 09:01:20 PM »
So, you're saying there's not a MkII RB on the drawing board (at present anyway!) but just further improvements through the software.  Correct or not ?  Is M-Lat even possible with the existing RadarBox or not ?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »
Sorry CoastGuardJon as mentioned in our post above, our answer is the same as to the others, we won't disclose anything untill near the release.
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2011, 10:40:44 PM »
Sorry CoastGuardJon as mentioned in our post above, our answer is the same as to the others, we won't disclose anything untill near the release.
Think we all get that message now :-)  But I hope Airnav understand the problems and bad feeling that will arise if it turns out new hardware is required and for all these months we've been left handing on the end of a rope!  Not good PR if it happens, much better upfront, that is if you even know its required or not.
Cornwall, UK

eyeinthesky

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »
Think we all get that message now :-)  But I hope Airnav understand the problems and bad feeling that will arise if it turns out new hardware is required and for all these months we've been left handing on the end of a rope!  Not good PR if it happens, much better upfront, that is if you even know its required or not.

I suppose its like buying a car the 2009 model is different to the 2010 model and the 2010 model is different to the 2011 model.
That's life boys accept it.
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.

bratters

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
Think we all get that message now :-)  But I hope Airnav understand the problems and bad feeling that will arise if it turns out new hardware is required and for all these months we've been left handing on the end of a rope!  Not good PR if it happens, much better upfront, that is if you even know its required or not.

I suppose its like buying a car the 2009 model is different to the 2010 model and the 2010 model is different to the 2011 model.

Yes but.... a new model car doesn't render your old model obsolete. Any new RB hardware won't be just a couple of cosmetic changes and a few go-faster stripes, at least I hope it won't! It should hopefully provide a completely new and additional function.

That's fair enough by me. I'm prepared to fork out for an add-on - if it's something I want. However those currently contemplating buying a new box might have reason to think twice about the timing.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:30:55 PM by bratters »

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2011, 03:29:19 PM »

Yes but.... a new model car doesn't render your old model obsolete. Any new RB hardware won't be just a couple of cosmetic changes and a few go-faster stripes, at least I hope it won't! It should hopefully provide a completely new and additional function.

That's fair enough by me. I'm prepared to fork out for an add-on - if it's something I want. However those currently contemplating buying a new box might have reason to think twice about the timing.

Precisely my point.   I felt in post #58, AN let their guard down slightly and trying to tease and tantalise us (and keep us on that very long and stretchy leash, playing us like an angler with a big fish), let a little bit of the cat slip out of the bag.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »
AirNav

we're almost a week on now from the release of the new Navdata file. All comments/criticisms seem to have dried up, so maybe you could update ua all on the plans for re-releasing the info, with the airport fields and routes fixed/put back to how they wee,and,or hopefully the option of just updating the aircraft database field?

Thanks

Rich

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2011, 09:22:44 PM »
As we said on Monday we would get back with a new version with a week or so. Please be patient.
[email protected]