AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V 2.10  (Read 66401 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: V 2.10
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
Still waiting for one final bug related to the polar diagram feature. More news to follow. Beta release no earlier than Sunday night (unfortunately).

jango13

« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2009, 02:14:52 PM »
Hi AirNav,
The best thing you can do is sit on it until i'ts ready.
I am on a forum with TomTom sat nav and the amount of unstable updates they put out is mind blowing!.
Much better to get it right.
 Alan

abrad41

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2009, 09:41:52 AM »
AirNav

Still waiting for one final bug related to the polar diagram feature. More news to follow. Beta release no earlier than Sunday night (unfortunately).

Are we still on course for tonight.

Cheers

Andy

John Racars

« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »
Explained above: we try to have an "Home" version of FlightWatch at a cheaper price. Later there will be RadarBox software V3.

Hi Support,

Looks good. I am looking forward to this all!
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

Terry

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
Hi there,
             I`ve been quiety watching the post on here and must say"why all the impatience",we all want a system that runs as smooth as possible,but harping on only leads to rushing to get it done and released,remember when you rush,you make mistakes,then there`s a backlash and criticism,so lets give a little,and get what we all want A GOOD SMOOTH RUNNING RB.(i will now don my tin hat and bullet proof vest)

Regards Terry.

abrad41

« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »
Terry

I`ve been quiety watching the post on here and must say"why all the impatience",we all want a system that runs as smooth as possible,but harping on only leads to rushing to get it done and released,remember when you rush,you make mistakes,then there`s a backlash and criticism,so lets give a little,and get what we all want A GOOD SMOOTH RUNNING RB.(i will now don my tin hat and bullet proof vest)

I would like to explain my impatience - About 3-4 weeks ago I formatted my harddrive, on getting everything back on, I thought whats the point of putting RB back on when there should be a new version out in a couple of days - which has now turned into weeks. So for the last 3-4 weeks I have been without my RB. I could put the old version back on, But I bet a soon as I do the new one will be released.  So Terry, maybe you can see why I am Impatient - Try going without your RB for a while and see how you feel.
But I can see were you are coming from and I do understand - But I am missing the RB so much and hoping the new version wil be out very very soon.

Cheers

Andy

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2009, 03:53:20 PM »
Andy,

It not going to make any difference if you install that version as well. I think that was mentioned before.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2009, 03:54:34 PM »
We have the approval from 9 beta testers now. Only 1 remains with minor problems. We are working on them now. We will do our best to have V2.10 out this week.

radarspotter10

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2009, 04:22:42 PM »
We have the approval from 9 beta testers now. Only 1 remains with minor problems. We are working on them now. We will do our best to have V2.10 out this week.

take your time, the vultures are waiting to SPOT the mistakes its the only way they can survive
from pat

abrad41

« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2009, 04:49:50 PM »
AirNav Support

It not going to make any difference if you install that version as well. I think that was mentioned before.

I do now I could install the old version, but time of install and then uninstall and to install the new version it what I am trying to avoid. I have a clean harddrive now and would prefer to do just one install. I am lucky in the respect that I have been on holiday for 10 days. But I am very sorry to you for being so Impatient.

radarspotter10

vultures are waiting to SPOT the mistakes its the only way they can survive

Please could you refrain from calling people vultures and saying we are here to find mistakes.  We are all here because we have a hobby - WE ARE NOT HERE TO FIND MISTAKES AND CAUSE TROUBLE - we are all here for the same end result.

Cheers

Andy

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2009, 04:57:54 PM »
vultures are waiting to SPOT the mistakes its the only way they can survive

Andy

I totally agree, there is no need for that kind of comment on any forum, let alone here. We are all aware of the delays for the new software, but those kind of comments only do one thing, that is put bad blood amongst users and that in my opioion is not what we are here for.
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2009, 05:08:44 PM »
No reason to be impatient either!

Radarspotters "vulture" comment is more than valid if you look at the damage caused on other forums - unfortunately people, possibly with different axes to grind are waiting for things not to be fixed etc etc etc

I think on this forum,were all pretty level headed and genuinely want air Nav to have an excellent (if it can get amy more so) product catering for its users, whilst being at the forefront of software development ?

Let's all chill - if it takes a week,or even two, much better to wait rather than chance

Happy spotting

Rich
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:10:43 PM by Marpleman »

f6gsg

• Electa L12
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2009, 05:16:52 PM »
Hi all,

The only "problem" is that AirNav always says : Next week or in 2 or 3 days
since now a long time !!!! (regarding the older post !!!)

For me, there are not serious and i prefer an compagny which announces
a date an respects it (also if it's a long date). and i do not realy understand why theses delay, if there is minor bug, patch are for that !!!!

I am the manager of a small software compagny since 20 years and if i do the same thing with my customers i would have already closed.

it's only a respect of the customers Hobby or PRO.

F6GSG

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2009, 05:25:06 PM »
F6GSG,

Thats incorrect, if we said a specfic date and the version we have is with the beta testers and a few faults were found under your method we would still have release on that date regardless whether those bugs are fixed. That is not sensible, a current version is already out there so we are no rush to go down that route.

We also totally agree with Marpleman post.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

charlie

« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2009, 05:49:48 PM »
Good things come to those that wait.