anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very annoyed user!  (Read 7373 times)

mdobuk21

Very annoyed user!
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:06:59 PM »
After receiving back my box from w&s a few weeks ago the box hasvbeen working superbly well, turned it on this morning receiving 130-180 messages when suddenly it drops to zero! Exactly what happened before so looks like another return, I am very dissapointed as I enjoy using the box like everyone else, this cost a lot of money and I want it to be right!

Cheers

Mark

A very pxxxxd off user

bratters

Re: Very annoyed user!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
Bad luck mdobuck 21.

As a matter of considerable interest to us all, can you tell us how you were running the RB? What aerial, indooors/outdoors. supplied leads etc. Anything that might help throw a little light on the subject.

Hope your repairs are quick and that you are soon up and running again.

mdobuk21

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:07:03 PM »
Hi mate just standard antenna put outside the window, think it's probably the saw filter as that was the problem last time

Mark

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »
We are very sorry here of your issues. Please have a read of

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2759.0

It may be that, but if your saying it dropping to zero totally it may be a USB fault. Any details to what was repaired last time?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

mdobuk21

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »
Hi airnav

W&s re-soldered front saw filter the first time, when I say drops to zero it is between 0 and 11 messages.

Cheers
Mark

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 02:15:53 PM »
What is your antenna setup?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

mdobuk21

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 05:08:53 PM »
Just stuck on a pizza base tin on my window nothing out of the ordinary!

Mark

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 08:09:01 PM »
I had similar failure problems with other electronic equipment in my house several years ago.  The electric power utility was to blame ... many voltage spikes and frequency irregularities were discovered when I purchased a line monitor.  They've since corrected the problems.  You may wish to contact your local utility for a check.  A surge protector or UPS may make a difference, too.  Good luck!
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 08:42:09 PM »
I had similar failure problems with other electronic equipment in my house several years ago.  The electric power utility was to blame ... many voltage spikes and frequency irregularities were discovered when I purchased a line monitor.  They've since corrected the problems.  You may wish to contact your local utility for a check.  A surge protector or UPS may make a difference, too.  Good luck!

These problems shouldn't have any effect on the RB, as it is run off a totally (double insulated) isolated 5v supply off the USB from a computer.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!