anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts with ARNB 2009  (Read 68131 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Alerts with ARNB 2009
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2008, 02:33:37 PM »
The alert fires as soon as it gets any message for that specfic alert. The aircraft you have been alerted for has only just come in your range and you have only received a certain type of message.

The messages sent from aircraft have different details hence all the details don't appear instanly as soon as it comes in range.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »
Route is probably BLANK because the Flight ID AFD438 is not found on the route lookup services - so was probably input incorrectly by the flight crew.  This is an Air France aircraft, so maybe they should have entered AFR438, which is LFPG-MMMX !!

You can manually check for a route at http://www.flightroutelookup.com/FlightRoute/FlightLookup.wso?op=FlightLookup

Speed and Heading BLANK, possibly because the aircraft wasn't transmitting that information when the aircraft was first detected for the alert.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:42:38 PM by tarbat »

Tramline

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2008, 02:44:55 PM »
Thanks Chris and AirNav.  In fact it was my typo on AFD/AFR! Perhaps I'd have made a pilot after all. Thanks again.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2008, 02:47:36 PM »
Speed and Heading BLANK, possibly because the aircraft wasn't transmitting that information when the aircraft was first detected for the alert.

Speed (specifically groundspeed) and "Heading" (actually track) won't appear for AFR B772s because they don't transmit that information.

Ironically, AFR 772s do actually transmit heading (as opposed to track) and airspeed (as opposed to groundspeed), but only the latter is currently displayed by RadarBox and neither gets included in alert messages AFAIK.

See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1716.0 for a longer discussion on this;  I understand that the next version of RadarBox will display the missing parameters - perhaps there is a case for including them in the alert message, too?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Tramline

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2008, 03:58:05 PM »
Hi, just had a few hours on RB and I have a strange issue.  I spent hours listing registrations into the Alerts, but for some bizarre reason some trigger an alert - beep but others do not yet their reg's are in same format G-EUUX did not trigger but G-EUUV did within an hour of each other. I wont blame the RB because I'm still finding my way around the system, but I'm rather perplexed as to the reasons for this.  There are no gaps ans the alert is just for registrations for BA flights!

Any thoughts?

9M-ISJ

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2008, 04:44:42 PM »
The alert system doesnt work.

Some times a registration will do what it is supposed to and trigger and alert, and sometimes the very same registration will not (I get alerts when things come into LHR and not when they go back out for example).

I would say the system is no more than 30percent efficient

Shame because it was one of the main 'draws' for me (although over all I am very happy with RB inspite of this issue)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2008, 05:02:42 PM »

A rather sweeping statement to make.  I can't say I've ever noticed alerts not working, but I've only got a few setup.  The only fault I've seen with alerts is the double alerts on non-ADS/B registrations.  All I can suggest is that you make sure you've not got extra spaces, returns, etc. in the alert fields, that has been know to cause problems in the past.

Tramline, note that you can use wildcards in alerts, so G-EU* might be a better registration to use.  How many registrations do you have listed in your alerts - maybe Radarbox can't cope with a large number of registrations?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 05:14:01 PM by tarbat »

9M-ISJ

« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2008, 05:20:18 PM »
Not a sweeping statement, but a reflection of fact.

If it works, how come I see registrations in my alert list plot across my screen on a daily basis with out tripping an alert??

If it works, how come I get alerts off registrations on my list either on the way in or out of Heathrow (but not on both occasions) at least three or four times a week??

9M-ISJ

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »
Oh and by the way,,, there is nothing wrong with the way I have the registrations loaded into the alert list (I am capable of typing in 20 or 30 registrations into a computer without splattering them with random spaces, or characters)

However just to prove the point,, I have had alerts off certain items in my list in the past... and then I have seen the same a/c on my screen (or known for a fact that it has been in and out of LHR or LGW - both of which I cover) and NOT had alerts off it on a different day

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2008, 05:47:39 PM »
Okay, I was only trying to help!!  Others have had problems in the past with spaces and returns in the list.  Sorry, I can't help any further - maybe someone else can help diagnose the problem with you.  Are these local hardware or network flights?

For me at least, alerts work 100%.

9M-ISJ

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2008, 06:01:51 PM »
Hi,

Sorry.. didnt want to seem rude, its just that I am 110percent certain that on my system alerts dont work and I (wrongly it seems) assumed that you were jumping to the defense of RB

I am not trying to say that RB isnt a great product, or that it isnt miles ahead of SBS (it is on both counts) just that the alert system has issues.... which is a shame

For the record it is local data that I am expecting to see setting off alerts

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2008, 07:06:25 PM »
Maybe if you post a screenshot of your alerts setup, we might be able to spot what may be causing the problem.  Otherwise, it's really difficult to suggest a solution.

And you won't find me always jumping to the defense of RB - I've posted my fair share of bugs/faults!!  But if something works 100% for me, and someone posts that "the alert system doesnt work", then all I'm saying is that there might be a way of getting it to work on your system.  Is the problem on your Vista or Mac system?  Do you use AVG, and if so, have you set-up exceptions for RB?  Are you still having problems with the FIle menu not appearing?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:11:15 PM by tarbat »

Tramline

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »

Tramline, note that you can use wildcards in alerts, so G-EU* might be a better registration to use.  How many registrations do you have listed in your alerts - maybe Radarbox can't cope with a large number of registrations?

I'll try that Chris, but I cannot fathom why it'll alert on some reg's and not others which are in the same format?  Is there a number of reg's limit? It seems to work most of the time.....very strange.

Also, I've noticed that some Airlline wildcards seem 'unreliable'.  I've CKS* in my alerts and CKS202 bowled up at FL300 heading towards AMS but no alert inspite of being on My Flights?  Also some RYR  flights alert, others don't.  I'm not complaining, just perplexed as to what I might be doing wrong.  

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2008, 07:10:30 PM »
Tramline, do you have Network flights turned ON?  I just wonder whether there's some problem with flights transtioning from network to local hardware that might cause alerts to fail.  I rarely have network flights turned on.

Tramline

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »
Tramline, do you have Network flights turned ON?  I just wonder whether there's some problem with flights transtioning from network to local hardware that might cause alerts to fail.  I rarely have network flights turned on.

Hi Chris, thanks for responding.  Yes, I do have network flights on, but not set to Alert.   I'm going to spend more time tomorrow on this and study what is happening a little closer.   Really am enjoying the RB though...great stuff!