anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts with ARNB 2009  (Read 67762 times)

9M-ISJ

Re: Alerts with ARNB 2009
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2008, 09:51:18 PM »
Hi,

I have quite a few regs in my alerts field, and being a newbie have spent most of the day in front of the software - so far three of my alert aircraft have cropped up. Two set of the alerts, but one didnt (9H-AEQ) no idea why not??

Are others finding the alert system to be 100percent??

Gulfstream

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2008, 11:47:30 PM »
If the aircraft is already showing when you set the alert, you will not get an alert.  however, you will get an alert when that aircraft appears the next time.

Yes, I'm very happy with the alert function and as far as I'm aware, I'm getting a 100% alert rate.

Were your aircraft live or Network aircraft? If they were Network, did you have the "Network" box ticked on the Alert setup tab?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 11:49:34 PM by Allocator »

9M-ISJ

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »
Hi,

Typed the list out yesterday morning, closed down the software and restarted to be certain it had saved my efforts (every a/c I need that is a LHR regular).

9H-AEQ came in on last nights Malta flight at about 1940hrs, and didnt set off an alert.

Not a network flight, and I watched it pop up in my list as it crossed the English channel

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 08:32:57 AM »
Have you checked the alert logs? Sometimes the popup or email (spam checker) gets blocked or missed.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 12:19:06 PM »
I can confirm with my alert problem.  the ones that do not appear are also not in the log.  So its not just an alert pop problem.  I have taken to deleting the Alert log which helps but doesn't eradicate this problem

Also confirming others certain aircraft do give double alerts.  SX-DVO alert is one such alert.

Could it be the wildcard that is causing the problem? All my problems seem to be with alerts based on a wildcard.

Graham

Tailwinds

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 01:16:18 PM »

Could it be the wildcard that is causing the problem? All my problems seem to be with alerts based on a wildcard.

I get double entries when just using the registration numbers. Nothing typed in the Mode S section so it's not restricted to using the wildcard.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

9M-ISJ

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 01:49:29 PM »
Hi,

I can confirm nothing was in the alert file either.

Got a couple this morning that worked - and each of those produced two emails not one

9M-ISJ

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »
Hi

Just watched another one in my list spring up on the map, and in the list but not trigger off an alert (OY-KBR).

I have had quite a few today that have alerted.

In conclusion in would seem to me that the Alert function is good,, but certainly not 100percent

Gulfstream

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 10:20:59 PM »
That may make life hard for us, if you can help in trying to find a specfic condition where it might ignore an alert we can try and rectify it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

9M-ISJ

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2008, 10:31:28 PM »
Only thing I can see in common with the ones which I have noticed on screen which have failed to alert is that they are XX- rather than X- (ie two characters then the dash)

Could be something, could be nothing.

I noticed a 9H last night and an OY tonight.

Having said that, I did get an alert off VT-JEJ an hour or so ago

Allocator

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 10:39:36 PM »
Are you sure that you don't have any blank spaces after the registrations?  I'm testing this now with 9H-AEG

A space after the registration means I don't get an alert, delete the space and it works a treat.  Also confirm that you only have one registration per line?

9M-ISJ

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 06:36:44 AM »
No spaces, and only one per line confirmed

9M-ISJ

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 07:14:26 AM »
Good luck trouble shooting this one.... OY-KBR just hacked out of Heathrow after his night stop, and you guessed it tripped off an alert on my system!

So, he came in with nothing but set one off on the way out.

Needless to say I changed nothing in my alert list between the two flights

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2008, 04:37:20 PM »
Further to the double alerts problem.  I have noticed it occurs on an alert from a registration and not a hex code.  The double entry occurd both in the log and with the pop updisplay and sound.

Graham

Allocator

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2008, 05:16:36 PM »
OK chaps, I've got it now.  It seems to only be happening with Registration alerts.  I put G-B* into the Registration box and immediately got a triple alert, so it is definitely a bug by the looks of it.

I'm almost certain that this isn't an issue with the Mode S and Squawk alerts and I don't know about Flight ID, but I don't think that they give a multiple alert.

So, over to Support.  Please add Registration multiple alerts to you next bug fix please.