anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UK map detailing request.  (Read 8674 times)

Rockeyes

UK map detailing request.
« on: April 29, 2008, 10:30:04 PM »
Could we please have some greater map detail in the future covering main roads and towns etc or be able to import an overlay.? It would certainly help in the visualisation on where these aircraft are.

Thanks

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: UK map detailing request.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:56:22 AM »
Could we please have some greater map detail in the future covering main roads and towns etc or be able to import an overlay.? It would certainly help in the visualisation on where these aircraft are.

Thanks

You can import an overlay, the problem is that nobody has actually created the one you want yet!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:12:10 AM by Allocator »

Rockeyes

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »
I’m sorry I don’t think I was very clear.

I have imported a couple of overlay’s giving out lines of the airfields etc, which are great (Thank you ‘bones http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Kinetic_Utilities.htm)
and have tried with some success making a cople of outlines of my own. What I would realy love is to have or be able to do is some thing like this:

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:32:18 AM by Rockeyes »

JimK

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 08:39:44 AM »
ooohhhh that would be cool.

Not an entirely useful contribution from me, but still that would be cool.
Jim

Twickenham
London

Rockeyes

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:52:01 AM »
All contributions are useful. One it makes me feel better that I’m not asking for something that nobody wants or needs and the guy’s at AirNav get a good idea on what to develop to entice future purchasers.

So Thank you
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:54:55 AM by Rockeyes »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
I am sure I have seen a link around which was exporting to google map with a 5 minute delay.

EDIT, found it, don't know whether it works fully. Please note this is not made by us and hence we do not take any support, warranty for its actions.

http://www.libhomeradar.org/documentation/index.html
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:03:30 AM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Rockeyes

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »
Thank you for the link. Gave it a quick go but unfortunately no joy. I will have another go when I’m back.

JimK

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 11:35:42 AM »
I've had a look. Not having a C compiler on my laptop limits me.

Although not nearly as much as not being able to program in C, or anything for that matter.

Although it has potential!!

I'll surf some more and see what I can come up with I'm sure some clever chap or chapette has done this already.

I just need the rain to stop so I can get on the roof with me new twig.

Jim

Twickenham
London

Rockeyes

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 10:47:09 AM »
Same problems here with that software, it’s a shame.

Looking forward to you findings with your new twig Jim. Start a new thread and give us a report : )

Rockeyes

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 08:08:59 AM »
Just seen this on the Airnav web http://www.airnavlive.com which is great but it begs the question on how far the RB software will be developed? There seems to be a conflict of interests. For example if the airnavlive has google maps why can’t the RB use them?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 09:33:08 AM »
We have provided a great software for RadarBox with many features in RadarBox 2008 and we will be adding more. Its not case of conflict of intrest.

The details are all there for someone to easily add a google map function or google earth function (which will work with a 5 minute delay).

AirNavLive has been established for different reasons and has nothing to do with affecting RadarBox. Not sure why you say that?
[email protected]

Rockeyes

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 11:43:45 AM »
  Sorry I seem to have touched a nerve. It was not my intention to offend. I simply came across the description of the new version of AirNav Live data and thought of the similarities of the other products you have and how a feature on one would not necessary be offered on another. I personally would like the RB equipment to be able to do it all and would not mind a small charge for an add-on.
If google maps etc where available as an overlay to the RB software, redundancy of the Airnavlive.com would surely be just around the corner. Out of interest does the Airlive use the information supplied by subscribers to the RB upload/live subscription service? 
Anyway enough of that ‘scuttlebutt’ You say “  The details are all there for someone to easily add a google map function or google earth function (which will work with a 5 minute delay)” Could you please point me in the right direction so I could make use of this? No need for a 5min delay if I’m using live data from my RB. 

New Version Just Released with direct Access to AirNav RadarBox Hardware

AirNav Live Flight Data, the solution for who needs access to raw real-time flight data in XML format. Data will be downloaded from our ASDI (US and Canadian airspace) server, RadarBox Network (worldwide coverage) and/or RadarBox Hardware.

With a fast and easy installation it is being used by major airlines, airports and research companies all over the world.

Three options exist when ordering:
ASDI Data Access
RadarBox Network Data Access
RadarBox Hardware Real-Time Data Access

Contact our company for order details.

After you receive your order, instructions will be sent for you to download and install the software.
Send us your unique installation ID and we will send you the proper passwords immediately.
Price details are available on the order page.

Main window 

Major Features 

Access data on airborne, landed or planned flights
24/7 FTP access to real-time generated files for ASDI and RadarBox Network
Just an Internet connection needed for ASDI/RadarBox Network Data
Unlimited Usage/Access
Free Customer Support

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »
Ok I understand your confusion here.

AirNavLive.com and AirNav Live Data are two different things. Live Data is a software product which allows access to the raw data and is suited for Pros.

AirNavLive.com is simply a website that we are providing access to free of charge showing flights round the world and even the ads-b flights from the network. The site is for those who quickly want to check a flight and get its basic details for either personal purpose or pro. (Please note this website is in beta stage so details, features etc.. could change)

None of the above affects RadarBox in any way.

Where we mean "easy" to add a google map externally. You do need programming knowldege :)

Hope that explains things.
[email protected]

Rockeyes

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 03:08:51 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up.
........................................................................................

Is this something you may develop in the near future? Unfortunately I have zero programming skills.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 03:46:33 PM »
To be honest other than outputting to google earth, we may not want to output to google maps live due to risks in have that locked only available to the user at that machine.
[email protected]