anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UK map detailing request.  (Read 8675 times)

JimK

Re: UK map detailing request.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 06:41:16 PM »
Hey I can live with Google Earth! It's ok !

Sorry yet another missive not quite worth the 2 peneth used to send it.

Jim

Twickenham
London

Rockeyes

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 09:43:58 PM »
To be honest other than outputting to google earth, we may not want to output to google maps live due to risks in have that locked only available to the user at that machine.
Thanks for your honesty but I am not entirely sure what you mean? I presume detailed mapping and use of google earth is a great asset or you would not be using it as a plug for AirNavLive.com. So how about just giving it some consideration and letting us have a choice?
I hope you don’t mind me asking and trying to push things along but I feel the only way for me to feel 100% about this product is seeing it allowed to breath and blossom (Hey it’s May).
Just getting a little frustrated, as I really would like to be able to use the RB as a tool for my personal research into air traffic. The ‘isn’t that clever’ and ‘HOW MUCH!’ Soon wears off. Highly detailed and flexible mapping, a second to none flexible database and the ability to instantly record, is what I need before I look to the dark side.   

I have just read this posting back and it could be construed that am being harsh, please don’t take it as being so.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:53:46 PM by Rockeyes »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 10:29:01 PM »
Rockeyes,

Firstly I will explain the technical detail:

- Exporting Live Flights to Google Earth is possible and is something that we mentioned internally well back in version 1.2. However at the time there was not much demand for it.

- Exporting to Google Map (web based application) is also possible. Again not much demand.

However both pose security risks, exporting any live data to be passed to external applications (Google earth) or web based (Google map) can be intercepted and relayed for whatever use. (This is why we have a 5 minute delayed feed due to security)

Therefore in both cases it will be a delayed feed, if its done. This brings as back to my point earlier, if it runs off the delayed feed then it can be done by a programmer as mini project :)

"So how about just giving it some consideration and letting us have a choice?"

Yes that does sound harsh. You can only need to read through all the posts on this forum and note that we have taken on board many comments and also note that there have been 5 updates to the software in less than a 10 months.

Our procedure is too take note of requests and sort them via time, cost, popularity. The ones which appear top of the list are done for the next version and so on.

"you would not be using it as a plug for AirNavLive.com?"

This is simple way to show a detailed map on the web (important bit is web). You have mentioned AirnNavLive.com but as mentioned in the last post it is totally different to RadarBox with different features and usage.

If you want something immediately done they you will be looking at a custom built application then please contact our sales team and we will discuss costs.

We are happy listening to criticsm, requests though. :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:31:13 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Rockeyes

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 08:12:14 AM »
Firstly I would like to say that the support, speed and understanding shown is second to none, so thank you.

Ok back to the topic. This 5 min delay thing drives me mad. I am not interested in anything to do with the delay and Internet received data, I appreciate your sensitivity on that issue. So a solution not involving the live data output must be the way forward.

I notice the map files have the extension .ML3 could you tell me something about these? For example is it possible for a user of the RB system to open one of these files, enhance with data like roads, towns etc save and use? Obviously the technique used for adding airfield outlines would be of little use on this scale.

Bill

PS How about adding a method of voting on the forum? That way it would be simpler to see if something has been requested before and the developers can see how popular the ideas are etc?   
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 05:35:37 PM by Rockeyes »