anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released  (Read 111824 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 02:30:12 AM »
Fenris/DaveReid: we have developed several routines to make sure that all the old SBS-1 users that daily upgrade to RadarBox can continue to use their favotite addon application with RadarBox.

Can you confirm that RadarBox 3.08 is 100% compatible with all SBS-1 addons / 30003 Port?

MrT

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 06:58:52 AM »
Just downloaded 3.08 Seems to be working ok for me.

Good to see that 5 min delay "Nag" popup has disappeared!

Working ok with PlanePlotter too.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:12:25 AM by MrT »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 07:18:22 AM »
Re: port 30003 - briefly tested, and working okay with:
Planeplotter
MilModeSLogger
sbsplotter
sbssim

No other problems here.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 07:26:02 AM »
Could it be mistaking one DF frame format for another? I seem to remember you saying that there is some ambiguity with certain frames if you don't know what the interrogator sent to the aircraft.

Possibly. 

Clearly something is being decoded wrongly, although of course ADS-B squitters have nothing to do with ground radar interrogations.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 07:40:36 AM »
A quick look in my log shows the following aircraft with "suspicious" lat/longs:
400FEB   G-BUUR   ATP   British AerospaceAtp   Atlantic Airlines
4008F3   G-BUUP   ATP   British AerospaceAtp   Atlantic Airlines

Strange that it's always ATPs.  Would that suggest a problem with the airframe rather than the software, but I wonder why the SBS-1 doesn't show these anomolies.  Dave, any idea?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »
Port 30003 also now tested with OverFlightLogger okay.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 09:12:06 AM »
A quick look in my log shows the following aircraft with "suspicious" lat/longs:

Strange that it's always ATPs.  Would that suggest a problem with the airframe rather than the software, but I wonder why the SBS-1 doesn't show these anomolies.  Dave, any idea?

Well, looking at the Mode S spec, I suspect that somewhere in the encoding/decoding process a 112-bit DF20 (altitude) or DF21 (squawk) interrogation response is being interpreted by RB as a DF17 (extended squitter).

Don't ask me why or how.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Peter

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 09:15:48 AM »
I've run the old Evesham XP3 machine for a while now and all is well, no problems noted, changed maps, colours, looked at data etc and all OK.
However the Mesh unit, using Windows 7, seems to have developed something whereby the "Harware connected" light turns from green to red and then reverts back to green again. I assume that it is losing connection with the ANRB and then restoring. Version 3.07 would run OK for an hour or so, then lose contact completely. At which point the screen would lock up and the only way to get out of the programme was to shut down via the main switch.
I suspect that if I leave it going for an hour or so, then the same will happen again.
Network connection however is fine.
Looks as if I will have to revert to the old Evesham again!

Peter

An update on this new problem: Contact from Mesh to ANRB is by means of 2 x active 5m lengths of USB lead. Switching around to the Evesham is by means of an extra 3m USB standard extension. This has never been a problem and still works fine. To switch back to the Mesh (windows 7), just pull out the 3m extension and plug into an available Mesh port.
However, this time to save grovelling behind the Mesh computer desk, I found a brand new 0.5m USB extension which I used as a short patch lead. This was the culprit for the short term losses of connection, I've removed that and plugged the original straight into a port, and no more "flickering contact".
It is now going to be left running to see if the problem with 3.07 returns, i.e. complete loss of connection after around 90 minutes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:24:13 AM by Peter »

Fenris

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 10:36:13 AM »

Well, looking at the Mode S spec, I suspect that somewhere in the encoding/decoding process a 112-bit DF20 (altitude) or DF21 (squawk) interrogation response is being interpreted by RB as a DF17 (extended squitter).

Don't ask me why or how.

The question is whether this always happens,  or whether ATPs transmit some bits that are different from the norm and thus confuse the parsing algorithm.

I obviously don't know how the RB software does the decode, but I assume that it must grab the bytes coming over the USB interface, translate them into the correct bit value, pack the resulting bit stream into bytes again and then run a standard parser/decoder over the packet thus generated. If so, I suppose that it's the last step that gets confused.

Perhaps the apparently fixed position I was reporting, 12.00N 0.00E, could be turned back into bytes and then compared with what the 'other' interpretation of that packet should have been. But then maybe I'm the only one that cares!

I don't have the Mode-S codes concerned in my head either, so I'd have to look it up in the log anyway.

Fenris

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 10:39:20 AM »
It is now going to be left running to see if the problem with 3.07 returns, i.e. complete loss of connection after around 90 minutes.

I think you'd be better served doing this with 3.08.

dca

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »
I have just upgraded to 3.08. I subscribe to real time network data but I have had a message appear telling me I subscribe to 5 minute delayed data!
In fact I am getting no network data at all- is there a problem with the network at the moment?
Thanks,
Dave
9 nm south of LGW

snowman

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 10:54:28 AM »
When are we going to get the certified Windows drivers as mentioned previously ?

AIRNAVan

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »
I have just upgraded to 3.08. I subscribe to real time network data but I have had a message appear telling me I subscribe to 5 minute delayed data!
In fact I am getting no network data at all- is there a problem with the network at the moment?
Thanks,
Dave

same thing happening here.

Tony

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 11:08:08 AM »
Just upgraded to v3.8 and immediately I have lost my real-time connection to the Network. Every time I start I see the message that my network data is delayed 5 minutes. I have checked my firewall and it is shown as allowing packets of data in and out so that should not be a problem. The only thing is that it is registering as v.3.7 still in the list and not 3.8