AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released  (Read 112118 times)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2009, 10:15:43 AM »
since i installed 3.08 on my Vista Laptop, i get an error message from Windows on shutdown, something like ( i get the message in Dutch, but i'll try to translate it as close as possible for me ) :

ANRB.exe does not function/works anymore
you can search on-line for a solution to this problem

and then 2 options

----> online search for a solution

----> close the program

never had this problem before, and i only have it with Vista ; on my XP dektop all goes like it should
now, as i shut down ANRB, i know it is not working anymore ..... but why does Windows all the sudden keeps me reminding of that ???

Hi there,

If you close down using the File/Exit message it should not happen. On my Vista set up I get that message only wqhen I close using the Red X at top right hand of screen.

Regards Mike

darkskies74

• AOR 8000. Station EXTSHA196235
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2009, 12:52:36 PM »
Having a few probs here....
1) Upgraded to version 3.06 which my laptop refused to run properly
2) Then upgraded to v3.07 which works EXCEPT no images of aircraft at all, just constant message of 'downloading image' or 'no image available'
3) v3.08 won't seem to recognise the RadarBox itself, icon for hardware remains amber in colour with 'checking hardware' displayed next to it.
I've replaced the .exe file as a straight swap in the RadarBox folder in program files, i'm at a loss, HELP!!
Was 32 NM SSW of YPPH.......where the sun shines.
Previously 31NM NNW of EGCC....where it didn't shine!
Now back near EGCC, Oh, how I miss the sun!!!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2009, 12:54:12 PM »
Tramline,

This is a beta version not a full version so we are looking for people with some technical knowledge to help us find issues. If you are not a techincal user it may be best to wait untill the full version is released.

When we release beta sometimes with full installs lots of people download who don't actually understand the term "Beta" and over load support.

A Beta version is also not fully supported as well, its main taks are to indentify issues and confirm functions are working as it should.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2009, 12:55:15 PM »
darkskies74,

Our server is still suffering from yesterday so any features such as photo look ups, routes which use the server could be up and down today.

We apologise for issues caused.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tramline

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2009, 01:38:05 PM »
Tramline,

This is a beta version not a full version so we are looking for people with some technical knowledge to help us find issues. If you are not a techincal user it may be best to wait untill the full version is released.

When we release beta sometimes with full installs lots of people download who don't actually understand the term "Beta" and over load support.

A Beta version is also not fully supported as well, its main taks are to indentify issues and confirm functions are working as it should.

Hi AirNav,

Thanks for your response.  I will wait for the final version but the point I was trying to make was that video tutorials would be useful IF any technical matters arise - that's all.

I know my place.  I technonumpty, which means I cannot be involved in testing the beta versions.  Shame.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2009, 01:47:14 PM »
I take it that you have seen the existing video tutorials for normal RB use?

http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/video/

http://www.youtube.com/user/AirNavTeam

darkskies74

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »
darkskies74,

Our server is still suffering from yesterday so any features such as photo look ups, routes which use the server could be up and down today.

We apologise for issues caused.

Thanks for that.
Any ideas as to why v3.08 won't work when .exe file is changed?
Do I delete the old .exe file?
And anything else need doing when changing .exe 3.07 to .exe 3.08?

Cheers

Fenris

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2009, 02:06:09 PM »
I simply renamed the old anrb.exe to anrb.exe.old and then saved the new anrb.exe in the RB directory.

When I ran it, I got the Windows warning that it couldn't find a signature for the new .exe file, unticked the always ask box and ran the new version. It just worked at that point.

Fenris

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »
A couple of things still not quite right in My Flights.

If I sort by distance, because the selected column is not shown in the interface (it's off the side of the container) when the selected aircraft times out and the selection changes, the interface scrolls (more like jumps!) sideways so that the red box around the selected column value is in view.

Also, I have noticed that the Aircraft History is often related to the previous aircraft that was selected, changing to a different aircraft and back fixes this so it seems to happen with automatic changes of selection. Maybe this was missed as the other aircraft details are now correct as they used to be in v2.01.

One other thing, the range bearing display is still showing the last data after My Flights has 0 aircraft in it, I presume it should clear?

A suggestion, could the aircraft registration be placed after the Aircraft History title?

So far no freezes with sort settimgs I've tried, socket feed to PP seems to be working just fine too.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 06:42:40 PM by Fenris »

darkskies74

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »
I simply renamed the old anrb.exe to anrb.exe.old and then saved the new anrb.exe in the RB directory.

When I ran it, I got the Windows warning that it couldn't find a signature for the new .exe file, unticked the always ask box and ran the new version. It just worked at that point.

Thanks, will give that a try.
What version of Windows are you running? I'm on Vista Home Prem 32 bit

Fenris

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2009, 05:55:30 PM »
Yes, Vista Home Premium 32 bit with SP2 and all other fixes applied.

naird

• Beaver Tales
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »
I believe you copied it to the wrong folder. Pls contact our support for a detailed explanation/help.

Thanks AirNav  I think I will stay with 3.06 until a stable final edition is released.

Good luck.

Neil

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2009, 06:40:53 PM »
V3.06 is Beta (test) software and V3.08 is an even better version of V3.06 :-)

naird

• Beaver Tales
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2009, 06:53:28 PM »
Thanks Allocator   still staying with stable package I have just now.  Just spent an hour with a lad in France working on my computer with Team Viewer...wonderful generous help. But I'd better get back to my website before the natives get restless.

Cheers   enjoy the forum as long as everyone stays calm ;-)

Watching the afternoon parade from Europe as it goes past my window.

Cheers

Neil
Kingston ON

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
since i installed 3.08 on my Vista Laptop, i get an error message from Windows on shutdown, something like ( i get the message in Dutch, but i'll try to translate it as close as possible for me ) :

ANRB.exe does not function/works anymore
you can search on-line for a solution to this problem

and then 2 options

----> online search for a solution

----> close the program

never had this problem before, and i only have it with Vista ; on my XP dektop all goes like it should
now, as i shut down ANRB, i know it is not working anymore ..... but why does Windows all the sudden keeps me reminding of that ???

Hi there,

If you close down using the File/Exit message it should not happen. On my Vista set up I get that message only wqhen I close using the Red X at top right hand of screen.

Regards Mike

thanks for the tip Mike, but i always close the program using the File/Exit way, so that can't be the source of the problem.