anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Poll - Have you Subscribed to Real Time Network ?  (Read 12001 times)

bratters

Re: Poll - Have you Subscribed to Real Time Network ?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 02:06:16 PM »
The only time I have used the Network was when my signals went down and I wanted to check if there was in any activity in my area - there was and my box was bust! Very useful for that but otherwise it doesn't fit my interests.

Regarding Hamish's comments, I don't mind data-sharing (legalities apart) and I reckon if you want to know what's happening outside your area you should be prepared to pay for it.
However I think if live-data is at a premium rate then delayed data should be available at a very nominal price.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:09:18 PM by bratters »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 03:12:55 PM »
Yes, it's real-time Network data for me.  Finally, after waiting over 3 years having purchased an SBS-1 on the promise of their MapModeS network that never appeared, I have exactly what I need with the RadarBox real-time network.  I used the 5-minute delay all the time, but found the delay very frustrating.

Yeah Laddie, and I bet you get it free for all the "work" you do for your masters :-)

Well, it's good to see our old 'friends' back on the forum - lol

I suppose that all that work I did as an SBS-1 Beta tester working with Kinetic Will and all the other early adopters has been forgotten - or maybe you 'newcomers' weren't around then!

I think that there is a fair chance that I would have never gone down the Radarbox route if I had got the MapModeS network as promised when I purchased my SBS-1 over 3 years ago, and specifically promised by the Kinetic CEO on his forum 2 years ago - just after I'd ordered my RadarBox. 

Two years on from that post by the CEO, boy, am I glad I purchased a Radarbox :-)

Aggghh!  I'm on my soapbox again, I must learn to bite my lip when I'm being insulted - especially as this post will almost certainly be quoted on the Hamish forum - ha ha ha!!!!

Here we go, a little bit of history from 3 July 2007:

http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4379&highlight=

And the fateful day when I purchased my SBS-1 - 12 July 2006!

http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12010&highlight=#12010
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:24:37 PM by Allocator »

radarspotter10

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 03:32:23 PM »
You buy the box and accessories, you need a computer to run it, you need power to run the computer, you need internet access for the network, your bandwidth usage increases dramatically if you upload to Airnav's servers, Airnav then sells your uploaded data on, by now you have paid a small fortune for the privilege of giving your data away and you are then expected, if you want it, to pay to use the network.......

Seems to me that if you share, you should get something back.
hamish.
chris will be very please with you, well done hamish.
the reason your posting hamish is the new software is getting to you all on the vulture site.
from pat
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:34:47 PM by radarspotter10 »

rnsavage

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 08:34:40 PM »
Personally, I will not be purchasing the live data, as for me its all about what I can see at my local and what my box picks up.

The 5 min delay is good enough for me for any heads up of aircraft due to the local, and tracking anything I need.

Also, I like the network to keep my database up-to-date with fleet changes (using autopopulate). This helps me when out at an airport, and not waiting till I get back home and doing a populate of my log if a load of codes and unknown (my only problem is that I have to put the network traffic in reg order, then run the mouse over the unknowns to get autopopulate to kick in on them)

Lastly, with the high exchange rate, the live network traffic is quite a lot of money for me to justify a month. When my free 5 min delay runs out next year, I will subscribe back to the delayed network, but not live

Rick

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
I only subscribe 5 min delay too every month.
And is too much, because all members if give's the data to AIrnavsystems servers so why they have to pay?
My opinion.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:11:57 PM by mt007 »
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009, 10:04:44 PM »

Who knows, maybe AirNav will become the next Microsoft :)

Is that something you would wish on your worst enemy?

Hang on Roadrunner. I didn't write that. That was pjm's quote. Please use the review feature to make sure you edit posts properly.

For the record, I hope nobody takes over PlanePlotter. It's an excellent product with a one-off low payment. If certain other companies took it over thaey would put a premium price on the network sharing and multilateration features.

Tom

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:06:59 PM by viking9 »
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

eggplant

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 12:42:29 AM »
I have tried the trial live network today. Seems nice, but I'm not prepared to pay the asking price for the service. I guess supply/demand will dictate the price in future, if it is lowered I may subscribe. For now I'll use the trial period then wait and see how it pans out.

Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Jez

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »
I was tempted, as the thing that put me off subscribing to the original network data was the 5-min delay.

However, even with the data being real-time, I can't justify spending 60 Euros every six months. I wouldn't make enough use of it.

If AirNav were charging 60 Euros for a years subscription of real-time data then I would go for it.

I would also be interested if AirNav were to introduce a "Pay-N-Go" type payment plan where you could either pay by the miniute / hour / or data volume...

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 11:36:50 PM »
We have been reading these posts with great interest and all we can say is that the number of real-time network subscriptions since it was released is a clear answer to show that most users are highly interested in it. For all the others there is clear option: run the application with network or not. It's up to the user to make the decision.

In addition since we released the real-time network over 95% of users subscribing for a new year of network data, opted for the real-time solution.

It is clear for us that AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network is a winner and users are extremely happy with it.

Regarding some of the users posting on this topic (obviously not all), we all know from where they come from and this has been already been reported by our company earlier this year - their posts speak for themselves. RadarBox is now a total market leader and it seems this creates a lot of problems to those who still and against any market review prefer our competitors product (which we would like to underline didn't have single significant software update for 3 years).

AirNav Systems is a serious company totally engaged on the continuous development and innovation of our applications and we making a decision on the way to go regarding this organized and repeated activities.

The good news is that they have the minimum effect on the success of our products often raising attention to the higher quality of AirNav RadarBox.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:48:44 PM by AirNav Development »

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 12:21:31 AM »
Hi,
i have told a long time ago, the prices are good but for some countrys, were people win much money at final of month.
Now countrys like Portugal, spend this money is a problem, because we win less money and are familys no money have for buying food.
But what we can do? These prices are stablish now so agree or not and we love aircrafts.
I think less money (low prices) atract's more people and more sell's.
I love Radarbox.
Is my personal opinion.
Regards
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

QF1

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 12:46:47 AM »

I have suscribed to the 6 months RTN which I think is great.  I agree with Allocator - however, for local aircraft I am still very much an SBS user - better and more customisable graphics - wish I could have the best of both worlds :-)

Cheers
Mark