anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.04 Available  (Read 26611 times)

abrad41

Re: V3.04 Available
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »
EMA

Yes I am, but I have just had a thought, this afternoon I was doing my salesman bit for AirNav and took my box and laptop to a gents house who is thinking about buying a RB. When I came back I think I put the usb lead in different port. I have changed it back now and testing to see if we come across the problem again.

Andy

EMA

« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2009, 06:26:26 PM »
It does sound more like a USB timeout issue than a RB software problem.

I have found the last couple of releases to be rock solid but I do not delve too deeply in to all the features.

Kevin

abrad41

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2009, 09:16:46 PM »
After my earlier problems and they now seem to be sorted, I can now say, I think the lastest version is walking very well here and very stable.

Thanks AirNav for all your hard work.

Andy

prbflight

« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2009, 01:54:06 AM »
The latest beta release is working fine and is very stable.  I have not had any issue's so far.

Paul@cyyb

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2009, 02:47:16 AM »
After reading all today's emails we believe we are getting closer to and end (finally! :-) ).

No need for a new exe today. One of our programmers is working with the remaining reported problem (some flight routes not being retrieved).

Frank

« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2009, 07:03:24 AM »

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I seem to be suffering an increase in ... replacing aircraft types that I have previously manually updated.

Rod

I am suffering from this too. When I have edited an ... aircraft in Database Explorer I can repeat this action after a few minutes. The ... are there again. But not with all ... aircrafts I have edited.

Frank

Still having this problem

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2009, 07:14:07 AM »
Guys - what base version of RadarBox software are you dropping the latest beta's over?

AirNav Development - what is the difference between RadarBox v2.0 and v2.01 (which I'm starting from).

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
>I am suffering from this too. When I have edited an ... aircraft in Database Explorer I can repeat this action after a few minutes. The ... are there again. But not with all ... aircrafts I have edited.

We need a detailed explanation of this problem including screen shots and a way to replicate it.

abrad41

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
Just got in from being out today - RB has been running for about 8 hrs.
My Smartview is all over the place (look Below)

Smartview= showing 4, but only 2 in list

Smartview 2= showing 4, but only 3 in list(one of them is repeted twice)

Smartview 3=showing 4, but only 3 in list(third line showing mixture of a reach and flybe)

Smartview 4=showing 5, but only 3 in list(third line showing mixture of reach and flybe)

I was always having problems with the smartview, when I had my problems with v3.02 and v3.03 (crashing and freezing) this was when I was using xp, but now I am using vista.

EDIT after restarting everything is back to normal, it just seems that after several hrs of running, things start jamming up.

Andy
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:15:40 PM by abrad41 »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2009, 03:23:40 PM »
I make extensive use of SmartView/Fleet Watch, and I've never seen anything in there that shouldn't be there and the numbers always add up.  As the Fleet Watch details are stored in the Registry, I can only guess that is where your problem is.

Can you show a screen shot of what you have in the Fleet Watch setup list?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2009, 03:30:07 PM »
Must be something specific to setup.  I also use Fleetwatch quite a bit, and haven't seen these problems.  I've been running the latest version for approx. 14 hours solid.

Fleetwatch list is stored in Data/D006.dat:
MANUAL         what's this for?
G-SAR*
G-CG*
G-CROY
XH558
G-VLCN
G-FR*
G-SAS*
XS*
XX*
G-BGKS
GOTO*
HWY*
LOG*
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:35:04 PM by tarbat »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2009, 03:34:21 PM »
I asked about the 'MANUAL' entry when I first got my RB and I'm sure that it was an 'option' for bulk loading the Fleet Watch list from an external file of some sort.  Maybe an option that was never fully developed?

This is my Fleet Watch list:

MANUAL
9V-SK*
VH-OQ*
A6-ED*
G-BNL*
G-BYG*
G-CIV*
G-VII*
G-YMM*
G-RAES
G-VLCN

abrad41

« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »
Hi Chris & Allocator

Copy Of D006 attached & Fleet watch attached.

Also I forgot to mension that the tabs (Just under setup button) were frozen, I was unable to click on them to order of list.

I was working with Aleksey before I went away with work last week on the very same thing, but with v3.02 & v3.03, Strange thing is at that point I was running Windows Xp with Sp3 (Which I thought may have been the problem).
But since then I have fitted a brand new motherboard, running a phantom triple core proccessor, 4GB of DDR 3 memory and changed over to Vista home premium.

But I am still having problems after a few hrs of running.

Chris take a look at the reg attachment, do you now what it is for.

Andy

GlynH

« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »
Just because I have been quiet in here does not mean I have taken a break.

I too have been working with Aleksey (anyone else having email bounce-back messages from his email address?) on the slow menu issue and it looks like we are getting a handle on it.

Unfortunately however after @ 24 hours of running just like some of you have found the app sort of locks up - that is to say I can open the Preferences panel for instance and after a short delay it will open but then I am unable to do anything with it.

I can't select anything, can't drag or move the window or even close it.

Task Manager does not report ANRB as Not Responding but I can't do anything with it apart from resize the whole app window until that also gives up.

Strangely the FTP Auto-upload still works and the msgs/sec and MyFlights totals also work - albeit slower than usual.

Mine is still showing v3.03 Beta though so not sure if I am on the same verison as you guys.

I wish Dev would suffix the 3.0x Beta with Build xxx or something in the title bar so we could see at a glance which version we are on exactly...

It did crash once showing out of memory so I suspect a memory leak or similar but I did send the complete Eureka Log to Aleksey to see if it would help.

He certainly has been busy...

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2009, 04:38:26 PM »
I too have been working with Aleksey (anyone else having email bounce-back messages from his email address?)

Yes, email to Aleksey just bounced back to me as well.  I copied Andre on the email, so hopefully it will get to Aleksey somehow.  I'm running a version from Aleksey that shows 3.04 beta in the title bar, and that's been rock-solid all today.