AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Patch 1 - New exe available  (Read 4896 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Patch 1 - New exe available
« on: July 17, 2009, 03:21:33 PM »
Hi

You can download the new exe from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/ANRB300Beta/anrb.exe

Also download and place on the application's \data folder the file:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/ANRB300Beta/L007.dat

This exe should have all the problems corrected except:
- Jumping Network grid as reported by Rod Bearden;
- Clipped window as reported by Andy Frost;

Now it's up to you. Please reply any pending problem to us.

GlynH

Re: Patch 1 - New exe available
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
This exe should have all the problems corrected except:
- Jumping Network grid as reported by Rod Bearden;
- Clipped window as reported by Andy Frost;

Now it's up to you. Please reply any pending problem to us.

And of course my old favourite still exists although it looks like i am the only one suffering the age-old slow menu issue?

Strangely this had been almost eradicated on my v2.10 Beta build but not in v3.0?

I am also guessing there is a reason why you didn't call this Patch 2 to avoid any version confusion? :-)

Pleased to report the FTP upload now doesn't upload anything else that might be open on the RB screen...as Allocator said previously that could have been extremely embarrassing!

The inconsistencies between the Menu and the Map toolbar also seems to have been sorted. Thanks.

I do notice though that in MyLog Today contacts are still being subtracted from Yesterday totals - was this behaviour going to be changed or left as is?

Also the 'Execute a File' option in Alerts always defaults to being checked on when the app is restarted despite being checked off before closing.

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »
Hi Glyn

So in resume and to keep it organized what problems are you finding now?
Do you have another computer where you could try the application and check if the same problems happen there?

Tallyho

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 04:10:47 PM »

Also the 'Execute a File' option in Alerts always defaults to being checked on when the app is restarted despite being checked off before closing.

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

Glyn
I just started the exe for the first time and it wasn't ticked for me but then I have never used/tested this option.
Keith

GlynH

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
Hi Glyn

So in resume and to keep it organized what problems are you finding now?
Do you have another computer where you could try the application and check if the same problems happen there?

I am experiencing the old slow menu opening/closing, hung menus, inability to easily select anything on the menu etc. Whatever it is that has been plaguing me ever since I purchased my first RadarBox a year ago and was made much better in v2.10 Beta is back with a vengeance.

This also affects other things such as MyLog, Database Explorer, scrolling lists etc and gives rise to many occurrences of the sleepy pointer.

It even appears to drag down the speed of other programs when it is running all without stealing excessive CPU cycles - RB consumes 7-27% and I always have more than 65-90% System Idle Process left.

Unfortunately I have no 'spare' PC to try it on apart from an X41 TabletPC which is well known for its pedestrian pace due to the 1.8" HDD so I won't go there.

I consolidated my collection of PC's, retired a W2K and XP machine, sold my Vaio laptop and built another server for my rack to take many tasks away from this Dual 3.2GHz Xeon workstation I use for everything else...if it had more than server spec graphics (32MB ATI) I might have given it a go...

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Frank

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 09:08:34 PM »
Myflights and Network flights are the same on the grid. Network flights are on the map, but not on the grid, (at least on my pc, that is).

Frank

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 09:09:49 PM »
Frank,

Restart the software. We know of instances it does this the first time the software loads.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Frank

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »
Frank,

Restart the software. We know of instances it does this the first time the software loads.

Restarted the software  a couple of times. First the Network flights are all there (map and grid). When I push the 'Show All' button in Network flights, myflights and Network flights are the same on the grid.

airfire

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 12:04:53 AM »
Restarted the software  a couple of times. First the Network flights are all there (map and grid). When I push the 'Show All' button in Network flights, myflights and Network flights are the same on the grid.

-I'm experiencing the same issue. When first started network flights are normal, however when "Show All" is selected all of the flights from the MyFlights grid appear in the network grid.

-The Flight ID Alerts and squawk alerts do not work at all, either with a specific ID or code entered or with a wildcard entries.

- When an alert is generated and an email is generated, only the feature that is alerted on is transmitted in the email. For example, a registration alert only shows the registration that is alerting. Previous versions would also include the Flight ID, Registration, Aircraft Type, Route Altitude and Speed, for an alerted aircraft if any of those fields had information.

-The Execute a file box is still always ticked in alerts.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:06:53 AM by airfire »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 06:27:32 AM »
Just fired up the new exe. All looks good at the moment and the alerts are working OK.

Update:  I'm getting the same issue as airfire now - I did have approx 900 aircraft showing in the Network list, but after playing around with the filters and Show all button, I've now got 72 flights in Network - exactly the same as in MyFlights.  When I move the mouse over a network flight on the map, it isn't there in the Network list.

Shut down RB and restarded and all the Network flights are back in the Netwok list.  I'll see what happens.

Frank

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 06:29:11 AM »
Receiving far less flights in this beta. Re-installed last patch:
 myflights 176 - networkflights 1045

This beta (a few minutes later):
myflights: 140 - network flights 702. Pushing the 'show all' or 'filter' button in network flights is not recommended, as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Frank

Allocator

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 06:32:44 AM »
Frank,

I think that you will find that all the flights are there on the map, it's the MyFlights/Network lists that are not showing the correct data.

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 07:36:56 AM »
Receiving far less flights in this beta. Re-installed last patch:
 myflights 176 - networkflights 1045

This beta (a few minutes later):
myflights: 140 - network flights 702. Pushing the 'show all' or 'filter' button in network flights is not recommended, as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Frank

I can confirm this - it is the 'Show All' button in the Network tab that is causing the problem here.

Frank

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 07:54:48 AM »
Frank,

I think that you will find that all the flights are there on the map, it's the MyFlights/Network lists that are not showing the correct data.

I am not sure they are all there on the map, because I cannot verify this. I could count the network flights on the map, but that is no option.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 09:19:37 AM »
That  problem is, for sure, related with a filter problem. We will have a look at it. Please continue to post all errors on this thread.