anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Patch 1 - New exe available  (Read 4903 times)

airfire

Re: Patch 1 - New exe available
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 10:49:14 AM »
Just fired up the new exe. All looks good at the moment and the alerts are working OK.

Allocator, are you using the Flight ID or Squawk alert functions? They do not work for me.

Also do you use the email function to notify you of an alert?. On the alerts that do function correctly, when I receive an email only one line (whatever was identified to alert on) is sent. In previous versions I would get additional flight details such as Flight ID, Aircraft type, speed, heading etc.  Those details still show in a pop up window but are not transferred over to the email notification as in past versions.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »
The problem with old routes is still present - see attached gif - Dev was going to show the old route if no update was available, but it's still not showing.

Rod
Rod

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »
Just fired up the new exe. All looks good at the moment and the alerts are working OK.

Allocator, are you using the Flight ID or Squawk alert functions? They do not work for me.

Also do you use the email function to notify you of an alert?. On the alerts that do function correctly, when I receive an email only one line (whatever was identified to alert on) is sent. In previous versions I would get additional flight details such as Flight ID, Aircraft type, speed, heading etc.  Those details still show in a pop up window but are not transferred over to the email notification as in past versions.

I'm using hex code, registration, aircraft type and SSR code.

Here is an email alert I just received for the Vulcan - just one line as you say, no other details:

Alert Time: 2009/07/18 14:17:28
Received Registration: G-VLCN

-
Alert Generated by AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta - Patch 1
http://www.airnavsystems.com
-
Note: Replies to this e-mail will not be read.

And a Hex code alert by email:

Alert Time: 2009/07/18 14:22:40
Received Mode-S: AE1174

-
Alert Generated by AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta - Patch 1
http://www.airnavsystems.com
-
Note: Replies to this e-mail will not be read.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 02:33:14 PM by Allocator »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 07:18:09 PM »
I'm getting the same problems with alerts as Airfire. Also, I've noticed that only the first Aircraft type Alert of a type is being alerted - I've got one for A38*, and only had one all day, despite having network flights activated and seeing a selection of them there.

Rod
Rod

prbflight

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks AirNav for allowing me access to the beta forum.  I have spent the last couple of night's reading through older posts and getting caught up.  I downloaded this latest exe file last night and I have a few things to report.

1) When I open the new exe file I get a 'Security Warning' but the program opens with no problem.  I run WinXP and have never had to resort to 'run in compatabilty mode' with any of the releases.

2) 'Execute a file' box is still ticked by default

3) Flights on the network grid still jump around but not as bad as in the last exe...or so it seems so far.

4) Sometimes an Alert warning will force RadarBox to jump to the front of all windows.  RadarBox jumping to the front still seems to happen randomly for other reasons that I can't figure out yet.

5) the '*' symbol for new contacts is still not working

6) I still get a very large number of "Flight does not have positional information' messages when douuble clicking on flights in the grid even with the NA flights removed.

That's it for now.

Paul@cyyb

Allocator

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 06:53:52 AM »
For some reason, I've never had the issue of the 'Execute a File' box permanently ticked, whatever version of the RB software I've used.  I've tried ticking it and unticking it and it clears OK - strange.

The only thing I haven't done is to shut down RB whilst the box has been ticked, maybe that is what is causing the problem?

Tallyho

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 08:28:32 AM »
For some reason, I've never had the issue of the 'Execute a File' box permanently ticked, whatever version of the RB software I've used.  I've tried ticking it and unticking it and it clears OK - strange.

I have never had this problem either !

Allocator

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 09:59:54 AM »
I'm getting the same problems with alerts as Airfire. Also, I've noticed that only the first Aircraft type Alert of a type is being alerted - I've got one for A38*, and only had one all day, despite having network flights activated and seeing a selection of them there.

Rod

I'm getting repeat alerts OK rather than just the first instance. These are all from one session (AE0670 was only detected once, it's just the way that I've taked the screen shots that cause it to be shown twice).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:01:53 AM by Allocator »