anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airnav Remote Access via internet  (Read 10960 times)

MW0CVW

Airnav Remote Access via internet
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:17:54 PM »
I have been using AIRNAV for a couple of months,being a new user, if remote access was possible via wireless or internet connection.

Other Systems have an Ethernet option,but without spending lots of money a simple solution was needed.

I found some software on the Internet Called LOGMEIN and installed the FREE version on the AIRNAV pc.

I am able to remotely connect to this PC and run the AIRNAV software providing I have an internet connection,Password protection is included when you set up an account.

Being a service Engineer, this allows me to use my airnav system when i am working away from home or when sitting in the garden over my wireless network.

Hope this information is useful.

Paul MW0CVW.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Airnav Remote Access via internet
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 10:17:18 PM »
Hi Paul, welcome to the Forum and thanks for the link.   When you access remotely, does this cause the 5 minute "security" delay on tracking (as you're accessing your own RadarBox/computer, as opposed to the AirNav network)?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 10:27:43 PM »
I've used LOGMEIN and it works very well - it's just like you are sitting in front of your own PC - so if it is Live on your PC, then it will be Live using LOGMEIN.

So, live traffic will be live and Network traffic will still be delayed by 5 minutes.

What's nice about LOGMEIN, is that there is a Free version :-)

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/fasteasy1/whyfree.asp

MW0CVW

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 10:59:08 PM »
Coastguardjohn,

The Airnav system operates as normal,the only difference is you are controlling the PC via remote access.

Allocater has also answered your question.

Have fun.

Paul MWOCVW.

jondan

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 03:15:45 PM »
If you run LOGMEIN on your PC you can control it and view your AirNav Radarbox Screen
on an iPod Touch or iPhone using the APP 'LogMeIn Ignition' .

It costs about £18 but it really is brilliant. !

John

DazrahT

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »
Or if you don't want to pay any money at all, just use a Remote Desktop Connection, like I use to your machine with the RB running on it.
In the middle of EGBE and EGBB

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 10:50:11 PM »
Or if you don't want to pay any money at all, just use a Remote Desktop Connection, like I use to your machine with the RB running on it.

If you have XP Pro, that is - you don't get Remote Desktop with XP Home.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

bailey_uk

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 05:05:16 PM »
Love the idea of this, I have heard about it but never investigated any further.

The first thing that springs to mind though, is that in the wrong hands the thought of somebody else controlling my computer from the other side of the internet it worrying! How secure is it?
Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

spikem

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 04:43:37 PM »
Thanks for letting us know about Logmein. I have installed it and now hopefully I can keep an eye on the RB when I get  a break at work.

Installing it on vista was a bit fiddly beacause of admin rights, I needed to download a different version and run from cmd. You also need to have a windows password set on your system to enable login.

9M-ISJ

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 11:18:36 AM »
Hi,

I use this system everyday to look back in at my desktop running RB.

I am interested in the Logmein Iphone App, but before spending GB 18.00 on that was wondering if anybody else here uses it?

If so, what is it like when you are out and about (away from a wireless network). Is it still useable?

Thanks

prbflight

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 02:49:40 AM »
Hi 9M-ISJ

I use LogMeIn Ignition on my iPhone and it works great!  I was skeptical at first about making the $$ investment for this iPhone app but I'm glad that I did.  I can be anywhere now and access my RadarBox through a wi-fi or 3G network connection.  I bought Ignition to access my RadarBox over my iPhone but realized after I got it just how much I use it for other app's on my desktop as well.  I recommend.

Paul@cyyb

9M-ISJ

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 01:01:38 PM »
Cheers Prb,

Might have to invest the money!

I shall report back

Thanks
Paul

Murnango

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »
Any further news on this topic, i am very keen to use RB on a iPhone

solarix

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 05:11:31 PM »
RadarBox and LogMeIn DO NOT play nicely together.
I have tested on 3 machines and when using LogMeIn with RadarBox the menus in RadarBox eventually stop responding. I switched to VNC and have not experienced this problem. Hopefully this issue can be fixed because I prefer LogMeIn as its much easier and faster than VNC.

prbflight

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 01:22:42 AM »
RadarBox and LogMeIn DO NOT play nicely together.
I have tested on 3 machines and when using LogMeIn with RadarBox the menus in RadarBox eventually stop responding. I switched to VNC and have not experienced this problem. Hopefully this issue can be fixed because I prefer LogMeIn as its much easier and faster than VNC.

Hi solarix,

I have had absolutely no problems with LogMeIn Ignition and RadarBox.  I'm using Win XP.  It's great to access my RadarBox on my iPhone.  Anywhere, anytime, no problems!

Paul@cyyb