anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airnav Remote Access via internet  (Read 10959 times)

Tallyho

Re: Airnav Remote Access via internet
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 03:37:15 PM »
I did experience the menu problems at version 2.0 and with some of the betas but as yet I have not experienced them with 3.1. The fix is easy shutdown RB and restart... not much of an issue to get around.

e777

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 08:03:10 AM »
This sounds like a fantastic application for the iPhone, but does anybody know of any software/apps that will allow other non iphone mobile users to access and view RB? eg smartphones like Nokia n97, 96, 5800, etc

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »
This sounds like a fantastic application for the iPhone, but does anybody know of any software/apps that will allow other non iphone mobile users to access and view RB? eg smartphones like Nokia n97, 96, 5800, etc

I believe there are VNC clients for most smartphones - I've certainly used it to connect from my BlackBerry to my PC running RadarBox.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

GlynH

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 05:49:59 PM »
Hi solarix,

I have had absolutely no problems with LogMeIn Ignition and RadarBox.  I'm using Win XP.  It's great to access my RadarBox on my iPhone.  Anywhere, anytime, no problems!

Paul@cyyb

Well I have always used Jaadu Remote Desktop for remote access to my PC from my iPhone but I can't say it is no problem as trying to fit a 1280 x 1024 desktop screen into 480 x 320 is really painful! :-)

I dare not even try to view my RB software with its tiny planes and jumping MyFlights list live via the iPhone - I even struggle viewing my static RB website through Safari on the iPhone...

Something else that seems related to this - if I log on to my PC remotely with a screen smaller than 1280 x 1024 the ftp upload picture size is all screwed up when uploaded to my website.

This happens even when the RB program screen is minimized.

Is this a 'hidden feature' or something lese AirNav?

This also happens if I log on from my laptop with 1024 x 768 resolution - it disturbs the uploaded picture size from RB to my website.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I out on a limb again? ;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

daelight

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 01:37:22 AM »
I`m running on a MacBook with Sun Microsystems free `Virtualbox` which in turn allows me to run many guest OS on the Mac. So I have XP Pro running in a session and as Leopard has VNC Server ability I just enable that in system preferences.. coupled with free VNC iPhone app and its really useful away from home. Panning and zooming is swift once the initial screen has downloaded. I`m running to an external 1900x1200 32bit color too!