anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyLog anomalies?  (Read 4799 times)

GlynH

MyLog anomalies?
« on: March 20, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »
Hi there,

Yesterday when I looked at MyLog in the evening and selected Today from the drop-down menu I had recorded 2499 aircraft for that day which is bang on my average aircraft count.

I have just checked MyLog before 9:00am today and it has recorded 1211 so far today.

However when I then select Yesterday from the drop-down menu it now shows 1541 aircraft from yesterday - not the 2499 it was showing for the actual total yesterday?

If I then select Yesterday again (even though Yesterday is still showing) it then shows 1528

I can then Show All (and see 11269) then select Yesterday and the total has dropped yet again to 1517, then 1511...etc. etc.

So I close MyLog and open it again and then see 1507 aircraft from yesterday...repeat then 1494, 1493 then by just flipping back to the RB screen without doing anything else see that it has dropped to 1490, 1488, 1486 etc. etc.

Then I close RB altogether, restart it, go to MyLog and see 1484 aircraft recorded yesterday...then 1478...I'm sure you get the idea by now...;^)

What is going on? Can MyLog be trusted?

I believe this may not be a 'new thing' but has been happening before...

I won't mention the slow menu opening, the delay in selecting from the drop down menu, the MyLog screen staying on top of the browser window I just opened, clicking it to close and then being sent back to RB and all that other screen-related nonsense I have always seen as I have (almost) learned to live with it...I just want to know what is happening to my Yesterday totals?

Has anyone else seen this sort of behaviour or is it just me as usual? ;^)

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: MyLog anomalies?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:45:58 AM »
I am may be wrong in this but will check this fully later on.

The date tags in the MyLog for an aircraft show as First and Last Seen. The Yesterday screens work of the aircraft table not the indivudal flights.

Hence an example:

BAW123 First Seeen - 14th Feb Last Seen - 19 March

So when you click Yesterday, BAW123 will be shown.

Now BAW123 is seen again today and you check later on today by clicking yesterday.

The record is now:

BAW123 First Seeen - 14th Feb Last Seen - 20 March

Hence the record is now not pulled up when you click yesterday therefore the differences in the count number you are seeing.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:47:49 AM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

GlynH

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 09:58:25 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Airnav,

Well that would make sense as to why yesterdays log is reducing each & every time - sometimes automatically.

As it picks up an aircraft for today that was seen yesterday then it would automatically increment yesterdays total down.

However logic would dictate - well mine would anyway :-) that if I click Yesterday I would expect to see exactly what I had seen yesterday and not what I had seen yesterday minus those aircraft that I have already picked up today?

It will be interesting to see how many aircraft I will be left with in Yesterdays MyLog at 11:59pm tonight...

I did do a search for MyLog before I posted but as always I got the usual 24 pages of hits most of which have no mention of MyLog...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:02:49 AM by GlynH »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:02:44 AM »
It would be logical but problem is you then either need to work off the Flights table (which does not have Mode-S flights) or you need to create an extra column in the aircraft table recording whether it was seen yesterday (not a great way to do it)

There are soo many queries you can do with the MyLog Database, infact you could probally create a minisoftware around it. We have created it after dicussion with you guys to be a an SQL database so you can run your own indivdual queries and get the exact data you need with your own filters but we are open to suggestions to any changes or queries (but we have to set a limit)
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 02:20:34 PM »
That's why I've now got a Windows task scheduled to run at 00:01am each day to run SQL to create a "Yesterday" log report - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2190.msg18924#msg18924 for instructions, and an example of yesterdays report at http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/data.html

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 02:30:47 PM »
Very nice, not long till you have Flight IDs for some those missing in the html file :)
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »
Very nice, not long till you have Flight IDs for some those missing in the html file :)

Yes please!!