AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unusual flight this morning.....  (Read 2992 times)

bratters

Unusual flight this morning.....
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:01:54 AM »
While I was out between 0800 and 1000 UK time today my polar diagram was transformed to the west by a flight track from approx. Wicklow to Fishguard (or other way round of course)

I'm very limited to the west so this is a stunning track that has opened a previously closed area. This is NOT one of those bizarre spikes that afflict us occasionally so I can only assume this flight must have been way above FL400.

Anybody know it or spot it?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Unusual flight this morning.....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 12:51:55 PM »
Try looking through your MyLog for an aircraft with co-ordinates in that area.

jgrloit

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »
The script below - will list todays flights by height  - run in a similar to Tarbats daily log report.

.output ht-report.htm
.mode list
.header OFF
SELECT DISTINCT "<html><head><title>Radarbox Height Report for Today</title><body><table>" AS FIELD_1 FROM Aircraft;
.mode html
.header ON
SELECT DISTINCT Aircraft.Registration AS "Reg",
Flights.Callsign AS "Flight ID",
MAX(Flights.StartAltitude, Flights.EndAltitude) AS "MHeight" ,
Flights.Route AS "Route",
Aircraft.Airline AS "Airline",
Aircraft.AircraftTypeLong AS "Aircraft",
substr(Flights.EndTime,1,16) AS "Flight Ended",
Aircraft.ModeS AS "Mode S" FROM Aircraft
   LEFT OUTER JOIN Flights ON (Aircraft.ModeS=Flights.ModeS)
   WHERE ((date('now') = substr(Aircraft.LastTime,1,4)||"-"||substr(Aircraft.LastTime,6,2)||"-"||substr(Aircraft.LastTime,9,2))
   AND (Flights.StartTime IS NULL))
   OR ((date('now') = substr(Flights.EndTime,1,4)||"-"||substr(Flights.EndTime,6,2)||"-"||substr(Flights.EndTime,9,2)))
   ORDER BY Cast(MAX(Flights.StartAltitude, Flights.EndAltitude) as INTEGER),Flights.EndTime,Aircraft.ModeS;
.mode list
.header OFF
SELECT DISTINCT "</table></body></html>" AS FIELD_1 FROM Aircraft;
.exit
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 09:38:42 PM »
Bratters,

My polar diagram normally goes as far west as the Welsh border but this morning I have the same stretch to the west in my polar diagram as you. It starts off the Irish coast near Wicklow around long W06º and ends near Swansea. I've searched MyLog for anything as far west but the nearest I've found was 4CA6A6 EI-DYR Flt RYR42Q on route EIDW-EBCI at 33,000'. It was in view from 08:35 to 10:05. MyLog shows it first appearing at W05º, not quite as far west as the polar plot, but it oftens fails to record parts of flights or even whole flights sometimes. As this flight is the furthest west recorded in MyLog today and the times are about right I think it is the most likely candidate.

Tom

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:41:57 PM »
The script below - will list todays flights by height  - run in a similar to Tarbats daily log report.

Better to sort on the longitude west in this case as it is not necessarily height that gives a greater range.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk