AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes are Missing  (Read 9215 times)

cruiseman

Routes are Missing
« on: November 05, 2008, 08:47:41 PM »
I have AIRNAV RADAR BOX 2007 version.I decided to download the full version of the AIRNAV.I found out when an aircraft appears on the radar i get all the details except the origin and destination.

when I use the 2007 version i dont have any problems i get the orgin and destination on the radar.

please kindly help me to find the problem how to show the orgin and destination on the 2009 version.

thanks

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 03:09:19 PM by AirNav Support »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: ROUTES ARE MISSING
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:05:07 PM »
Hi Cruiseman,

What is it you are missing, is it the actual route like EGLL-KIAD, or are you talking about the dotted route line that appears when you put the mouse pointer over an aircraft on the map?

HMN851X

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:09:09 AM »
Morning All
I have a few problems with routes after the winter change over at this time 07:07 I'm looking at UAL908 crossing the Isle of Man showing routeing KDEN-KORD !!!!!!!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:07:59 AM »
HMN851X, I guess this sort of problem may be caused by the 1-month expiry time that ANRB works to for routes.  I'm guessing that UAL908 only recently changed to KORD-EHAM, so it will probably be a month before that route gets expired and a new lookup is done.

You can update the routes table in Database Explorer, and use something like http://www.flightroutelookup.com/FlightRoute/ to lookup the route manually.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 08:47:35 AM »
HMN851X, I guess this sort of problem may be caused by the 1-month expiry time that ANRB works to for routes.  I'm guessing that UAL908 only recently changed to KORD-EHAM, so it will probably be a month before that route gets expired and a new lookup is done.

UAL908 flies KDEN-KORD-EHAM, if that's any help.

That's the reason why www.flightroutelookup.com/FlightRoute/FlightLookup.wso?op=FlightLookup asks you to enter the aircraft's lat/lon - so that the database can try to deduce whether it's on the KDEN-KORD or KORD-EHAM leg.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »
Dave, thanks for clarifying.  I'd forgotten about multileg routes.  I'd got the route details for UAL908 from FD7 on 25-Sept, so assumed it might had changed recently.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 09:31:23 AM by tarbat »

cruiseman

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 02:50:17 PM »
HI Allocator,

yes the actual route is missing eg DNMM-EGLL this does not appear after the full version installation.

If i use 2007 version the routes appear on the radar.

pls help

cheers

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
Re: Routes are Missing
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 04:14:16 PM »
cruiseman, some questions:
1. Is it ALL routes that don't appear, or just some?
2. Open the Database Explorer (on the File menu).  In the Routes table, do you see routes listed, and approx. how many rows?
3. Can you give us a couple of example Flight IDs where the route doesn't appear.

Routes should appear, as in this example:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 04:24:03 PM by tarbat »

cruiseman

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »
hi tarbat,

1. All routes dont appear on new version 2009 radar
2. all the routes are listed in the database explorer
3. sorry i dont know how to give example but in your example EGLL-EGPD will 
    be missing on the radar

I wish to inform you that one of the missing routes was DNMM-HECA but when i opened database explorer i saw the route it was there.

The only problem i am having is that the routes dont appear on the radar

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 08:48:04 PM »
Are these flights you looking at, network flights? not flights you have picked up from your antenna?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

cruiseman

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 07:08:08 AM »
i wish to inform you that i am using the airnav radarbox in Nigeria -West Africa

they are flights picked up from antenna sir

i dont have internet connection sir

pls help

gzerovti

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 01:17:56 PM »
I am a new owner of the RadarBox and i find it great.

I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, UK and I am right under the flight path for Leeds/Bradford and for lots of flights to US, Canada and the Pacific. I see lots of activity every day. Just seen the Air Tahiti-Nui flight to Tahiti via LAX for example.

However, I am disappointed that 80% of flights shown do not show any routings?

I do not understand some of the previous postings on this subject. Do I understand it correctly that new timetables have just been released so the AirNav database is behind?

It seems that there are too many flights without routings? Is there something that I should be doing?

I am on the internet by the way.

Could someone kindly explain what happens with routings updates etc.

Thanks

Terry
G0VTI - On the flight path to EGNM

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 01:29:02 PM »
3. sorry i dont know how to give example but in your example EGLL-EGPD will be missing on the radar

Check to see if the Flight ID for these flights is listed in the routes table in the Database Explorer.  It would really help if you can give an example of a Flight ID where you expect to see the route displayed.  In the example I posted of EGLL-EGPD, the Flight ID is SHT18F.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 02:15:56 PM by tarbat »

gzerovti

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 01:53:17 PM »
hi tarbat,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a few flights that are showing no routes.

One that has just flown over is Air france AFR050. This is listed in the Database Explorer but has no routing details.

Another id UAE36 listed but no details.

EIN376 just gone over not even listed in the database?

Terry
G0VTI - On the flight path to EGNM

Deadcalm

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 02:09:13 PM »
At the risk of going over old ground, I have had contention with the promised 98% of routes showing departure/destination airfields ever since I bought my RadarBox.  There have been many posts on the subject (suggest you do a search through the last 9 months or so of forum entries), and lots of suggestions why they do not all show, and some temporary workarounds (which often make little difference).  I've more or less given up trying to get this resolved, but Airnav have promised imminent changes to the routes database which may (or may not!) make a difference.  We have yet to learn of the details of any changes, and when they are likely to be implemented.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...