anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum reaches 1000 users!  (Read 11755 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Forum reaches 1000 users!
« on: August 10, 2008, 03:48:58 AM »
Today our Forum reached the magic number of 1000 users.

This represents the continuous growth of AirNav Systems which now has 80% of the market share in sales in the ADS-B receiver market with our forum growing at a rate 3x faster than our competition forum.

Be prepared for the release of the next version of our software in 2 weeks: now officially called "AirNav RadarBox 2009", version 2.0. Many new features included as described below:

New Features:
- Satellite Layer - similar to Google Earth projections;
- Auto Download flight origin/departure - never miss flight information;
- Aircraft Silhouettes automatically drawn;
- Flight Tour Feature - scroll over all flights automatically
- Screen Shot FTP Auto Upload - share received views automatically;
- Share Squawk on Network;
- Several new fields in Mylog tables (ADS-B, first/last position, altitude, ground speed);
- Callsign/Route appear on MyLog Reports;
- MyLog by default orders by last time on both aircraft/flights table;
- MyLog new search options
- Major airport outlines included by default
- 1209 airline Logos
- 408 civilian/military flags
- Optimization of MyLog feature to enabled millions of flight entries without affecting apprlication performance
- MyLog refresh shortcut (F5)

Congratulations to all our users and we expect to reach the 2000 mark soon!

mt007

• Super Сasual Dating - Real-life Girls
Re: Forum reaches 1000 users!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:46:51 AM »
Good day,
congratulations to all.
Is a great mark.
Next stage, 2000!!! :)
Regards

AirNav Team

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 10:23:34 AM »
Here is a demonstration FTP screen shot upload to a website as being tested.  Note that this is not running all the time, but you will always see the last screen shot uploaded.

http://www.ruyton.demon.co.uk/html/radarbox.html

If anybody wants to see a particular part of the world, just post a message here and the screen shot might change :-)

belgianguy

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 10:29:24 AM »
Would be interested to see the northern part of belgium.

Thank you very much for the nice view of Belgium.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 10:41:45 AM by belgianguy »

Terry

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:47:58 AM »
Congratulations to all at Air Nav Systems on reaching this benchmark,no doubt 2000+ will soon come round the way the product is gaining popularity,and of course the helpful members on the forum +the back up from ANS suppoprt team,well done,keep up the brilliant work. regards terry

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »

Be prepared for the release of the next version of our software in 2 weeks: now officially called "AirNav RadarBox 2009", version 2.0.

Congratulations to all our users and we expect to reach the 2000 mark soon!

Great news and Airnav are doing well :)

Now how about giving us the ability to undock windows and move them out side the main windows and onto other monitors.

I know this has been talked about before and you've said its on a list, but it never seem to get into any update builds!

Please review this....
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 01:05:33 PM »
Hi DaveG,

Last time that was mentioned we explained this would need a complete change of the Graphical Interface which could cause development a major headache.

We haven't forgotten about it and every new update we will see whether its possible to add it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »
http://www.ruyton.demon.co.uk/html/radarbox.html

Any chance you could provide some simple HTML to use to display an auto-uploaded screenshot.  I've got an auto-upload screenshot at http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/RadarBoxScreenShot.gif but want to wrap some basic HTML around this to test it.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 03:44:02 PM »
This will refresh the page:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60; URL=http://www.mydomain.co.uk/radarbox.html">

and something like this to display the gif screen shot

<td width="633" class="TextObject">
      <p style="text-align: center;">AirNav Systems Live RadarBox Screenshot - Refreshed every 60 seconds</p>
      <iframe id="InlineFrame1" name="InlineFrame1" src="http://www.mydomain.co.uk/radarbox/RadarBoxScreenShot.gif" width="700" height="860" frameborder="0"></iframe></td></td>

GlynH

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »
Hi DaveG,

Last time that was mentioned we explained this would need a complete change of the Graphical Interface which could cause development a major headache.

We haven't forgotten about it and every new update we will see whether its possible to add it.

Not quite what you said in response to my saying that without this feature it could be a showstopper for me prior to purchase;

That feature is on the to-do list and will be implemented with 100% guarantee. The problem is that V1.6 is in final testing stages so there is no time to have it ready now (for V1.6). Please keep your suggestions coming.

Don't go getting cold feet on me now...I see I'm not alone in wanting this feature! :-)

Great news about the growing membership - I think I 'sold' another one to a friend yesterday...that makes three now...;^)

I am curious though as to how you 'know' you have 80% of the market share?

There are far more members over at the other side which to my mind may indicate more sales - it certainly indicates a wider user base - not to mention the fact that the SBS-1 advertising appears to me to be more widely marketed?

Keep up the good work - here's looking forward to v2.0 - I hope it has nailed all the problems I am having which incidentally I have reproduced on four other machines now...

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:12:17 AM by GlynH »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
Ok its another post where we have to spell out that not all requests from users can be done due to cost, time and the affect it will have on development and also the percentage of customers who would like it.

We never said it would be done in the next update nor did more than 5 customers request it (more of nice if it could) so please do not stir things by posting on another topics as well.

Regarding RadarBox it is now easily outselling the competitor and our dealer network is much larger. These are facts and nothing to do with forum members. Remember other competitors have been selling for more than 2 years before us.
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 06:01:18 PM »
Hi DaveG,

Thanks for the reply and I understand it would be a major (but good) headache.

The post above this one worries me some as it seems to indicate it will not ever be done, also the wording of "request" and "nice if it could be" are these not of the same.  I remember a few post, one mainly where people posted on the topic and a lot more than five.

But I understand you have to look at cost against need, so will sit back and hope that one day undocking windows makes it into Radarbox, as this would be one major advantage over the competitors software and a big step forward for radarbox.

Cheers
Dave
Cornwall, UK

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 06:15:05 PM »
I can use the database explorer on a seperate monitor and leave it open all the time, also the 'my log', not much else needs to be moved. but thats only of use if you have 2 monitors and not many do.
I mainly use the secondary monitor for Icom pcr1500 and altering the database and doing any work that needs doing, only just trying this out as the secondary monitor was only bought today.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 06:17:29 PM »
We agree it would be great for multi screen users. However two major factors which is the cost of having to change the Graphic User interface is large and also the amount of people who have requested is low. Therefore it is on the list but not high priority.

The wording was from emails we got from users who said it would be nice to have but they also had other requests above which they deemed more important themselves.

RadarBox 2008/2009 regardless has many advantages of competitors :)
[email protected]

GlynH

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
AirNav,

I see that I appear to have 'rattled the natives' and for that I am sorry.

I am also sorry that you seem to confuse my enthusiasm and desire to improve what is already a good product with 'stirring things up'...<sigh>

However I am old, ugly & big enough to realise my comments have rubbed some of you up the wrong way and for that I apologise unreservedly.

I appreciate and understand that not all requests from users can be done due to cost, time etc. and I was not asking for *that feature* to be done in the next release - in fact your reply to me in the forum implicitly stated, quote;

"That feature is on the to-do list and will be implemented with 100% guarantee. The problem is that V1.6 is in final testing stages so there is no time to have it ready now (for V1.6). Please keep your suggestions coming."

This was prior to my purchasing the RB and as I said it would have been a showstopper for me but your assurance that it would be implemented with 100% guarantee (and your fantastic response & presence in this forum) was what made me go out & buy two immediately. With another one coming.

But then I read your reply to Dave earlier in this thread it seemed to me that you had backed off somewhat from your original statement which was what sparked my last few posts...

Great as any new feature is I for one would be much happier if you channelled your development time into improving stability & reliability rather than add extra features - including my oft-touted 'undockable windows' feature request...

That's not to say it is unstable & unreliable although it does seem to suffer its fair share of 'undocumented features' but as I have said previously I am not going to waste time going over old ground as I am assured you have ironed out most if not all of them for 1.6/2.0 ;^)

I guess it's time for me to shut up now or to coin another oft-used phrase of mine 'put a sock in it

;^)

Regards,
-=Glyn=-