anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum reaches 1000 users!  (Read 11751 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Forum reaches 1000 users!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 12:32:50 AM »
>I am curious though as to how you 'know' you have 80% of the market share?

Just go to any shop and ask the guys there. Unless you go to our competition distributor that despite all these new features will continue to say that our competition software (kind of a spectrum 48K look) is more stable... :-)

GlynH

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 02:00:51 AM »
>I am curious though as to how you 'know' you have 80% of the market share?

Just go to any shop and ask the guys there. Unless you go to our competition distributor that despite all these new features will continue to say that our competition software (kind of a spectrum 48K look) is more stable... :-)

Well I asked in Tesco's and they had never heard of you! ;^)

Seriously though 'go to any shop & ask' is hardly scientific or factual is it?

Your 'competition' produces a big, glossy double page advert with a whole column that takes up a third of a page proudly proclaiming 8,000 users can't be wrong' (they can) but I don't believe their claim either :-)

With regard to advertising I just browsed through Radio User where the competition scored 3-1 against - the first itme I looked I missed the single 1.5" RB advert buried as it is at the foot of a page...

That same magazine also has a column dedicated to the other system although it is heartening to see that the mentions of RB seem to be increasing.

You did pull off a coup though being associated with the fascinating BBC 'Britain From Above' and getting a mention in the credits.

Fascinating program and well done Air Nav (two seperate words?)

And I'll tell you something else - after visiting your distributor and your 'competition distributor' it isn't W&S who will be getting my money in the future for anything radio related...what an experience that was.

If it wasn't for the fact that I had a friend with me who wanted to buy I would have walked...

You are right about one thing though - when the 'competition' demonstrated their system versus yours they did point out that their software is much faster & more stable. Strangely however they were proved correct as I have found this to be the case when I have installed RB2008 on 4 other systems. Roll on 1.6/2.0

Looks much better though...:-/

I had better point out this is not 'stirring things up' but speaking as I find.

I saw both systems in action and much preferred the RB and so voted with my wallet and don't regret my choice for one second.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 02:09:59 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

>third of a page proudly proclaiming 8,000 users can't be wrong'

They are on this market for more than 3 years while we are on this specific ADS-B receiver market for one year only.

It is important to say that in 3 years their "Spectrum looking" software did not have any important development and that those 8000 users where wrongly and suggested to buy their system because of their network feature that never existed.

Actually they don't have the know how to develop such a high tech system. Our network currently processes more than 5 millions ADS-B messages per day.

Also talking about customers AirNav Systems is on the flight tracking market for 11 years and has now over 30 thousand users (taking in account all our products).

About Radio User magazine: we have been in contact with their editor for several months now taking in account their point of view for these systems. It seems this magazine does some favors in trade of advertising...

PS: AirNav is just one word, not two separate words. :-)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 02:20:44 AM »
>Seriously though 'go to any shop & ask' is hardly scientific or factual is it?

Being scientific is impossible in this case. Also the mentioned 8000 units sold for our competition are not scientific too - in fact it has been reported to our team that they jumped serial numbers to achieve this value when we moved from distributors to improve their marketing (instead of developing their software).

Anyway to these things we answer with new releases and software improvements.

BTW: to check differences between both products:
AirNav PDF Document - RadarBox vs Competition

Steve R

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 06:52:58 PM »
Hi All,

Just to say I think it's great to be part of 1000+ forum members, as I've mentioned before, I'm very impressed with the commitment & support that Airnav have shown.

It's refreshing to see a company support & update it's customer base as much as Airnav do.

It is also good to see that forum members are enthusiastic about the product & I'm sure Airnav will agree

I say lets have 3 cheers & for everyone, as everyone from the Airnav Team to it's customer base continue to have input & strive to better an already brilliant product.

As the saying goes from the film 'Hancock' GOOD JUB! lol

SteveR