anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments  (Read 47644 times)

MrT

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »
Sorry,

Still confused over the 5 Minute delay 'Security' issue.

Why have you suddenly allowed 'live data' when I thought you were following accepted security protocol ??

radarspotter10

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2009, 12:23:27 PM »

Free? you paid £400 for the free software...
[/quote]
vaio.
Look on it this way you need to buy the airnav box then get the free software to run it.
The same as you need to buy a car before you put the not so free petrol into it to run it.
hope this helps.
from pat in Ireland

vaio

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2009, 12:24:59 PM »
Ok, we are getting overloaded by lots of questions here (which is a good and bad thing :) - Also please note we have also annoyed a few fan of comeptitor products. So any bad behaviour by them or anyone will be mean post is deleted or banned while we handle the more than usual posts and support tickets.

Again let me remind people this is a beta so its not a full release. There are still a few issues and information to be confirmed.

To answer some of the questions below:

1.) Free access to the Live network has not been confirmed yet. As mentioned earlier we are discussing whether new customers of RB will be put on the Live or Delayed account. Current customers won't get a year free incase your wondering.

2.) Customers making comments about the price and bussiness model should stop. There are many factors to this which are not obvious to customers. Its easy to be arm chair bussiness person.

3.) Customers who are confused after buying. Please read the details on the website, if you purchase you get one years free access to the network. It is then your free will to choose to continue. (This is and has been stated clearly since the launch of RadarBox not something we have hidden)

OK I understand, it is acceptable for you to criticise and insult someone who has bought and uses your equipment "Its easy to be arm chair bussiness person."
Thank you for your constructive support Airnav.
You have made my day, no reasonable answers only insults, thanks

Deadcalm

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2009, 12:25:40 PM »
Lordy, this is turning into another pig's ear.

Airnav, you've whetted everybody's appetite with a new, unexpected feature on software still in beta.  Not only was it unexpected (but welcome), but it has also been the subject of much discussion here in the forum, with the final verdict being that you said you would NOT be introducing a delay-free article, for various reasons.

Now you HAVE introduced it, and want to charge extra for it.  I can see the reasoning, but it's not really fair retrospectively, without some concession for existing users.

However, this no-delay feature itself appears to be under beta, as well, so why can't we ALL have the opportunity of evaluating it freely for a nominal period so we can ALL have first-hand experience of it before committing to an expensive extra?

And how will the forthcoming 3D version affect us all?

So many unknowns, so many imponderables.  It would have been nice if you'd forewarned us, instead of which more confusion is injected into the whole thing.

So in essence, no delay - good thing, lack of introductory planning not so good.  Additional expense, unexpected and unwelcome.

And Pat, or Val, or Robbie (all three of whom are proud to be Irish) - some of your unhelpful comments are better off unposted.

DC
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:31:39 PM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2009, 12:26:15 PM »
1.) Free access to the Live network has not been confirmed yet. As mentioned earlier we are discussing whether new customers of RB will be put on the Live or Delayed account. Current customers won't get a year free incase your wondering.

So I guess that begs the question, If AirNav decide to make the first free 12 months data "realtime" for new customers, will existing customers have the remainder of their initial 12 months upgraded to "realtime"?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2009, 12:26:36 PM »
Sorry,

Why have you suddenly allowed 'live data' when I thought you were following accepted security protocol ??

It has been explained. Our legal team has now given us the thumbs up. If you want the exact details we will not disclose them, the same way we didn't disclose the exact way why we couldn't display Live data.

Its on a need to know basis :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

vaio

« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2009, 12:28:09 PM »

Free? you paid £400 for the free software...
vaio.
Look on it this way you need to buy the airnav box then get the free software to run it.
The same as you need to buy a car before you put the not so free petrol into it to run it.
hope this helps.
from pat in Ireland

[/quote]
I see where you are coming from Pat, my point was there is nothing 'free' from airnav.

MrT

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2009, 12:30:17 PM »
Ah well, we live and learn.

I think the users will dictate the ultimate charge in the end with their usage (or perhaps non usage).

I am happy with local traffic. Perhaps a novelty to watch global stuff at first then I will not renew the subscription.

Must admit, I'm looking forward to this 3D version. Hope Airnav get that happening soon.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »

There are many other websites publishing "live" ATC data (in a graphical display, not raw data).

Your own Radarbox displays the data it receives in realtime.

Effectively this just gives you access to what other radarbox users see around the world in real time. I can't really imagine why anyone would care about a 5 minute delay, but if you do, then you can do something about it.

After you've setup your own radarbox, you will see 5 minutes of flight time is effectively nothing. Unless your watching it fly over your house and you want to rush outside to see the real thing, it makes little difference.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2009, 12:33:10 PM »
Too many posts coming in.

Deadcalm - Agree with your post. 3D version has no affect, different dev team.

vaio - Issues with cost have been discussed before (to death in some cases :) ) Please take a look at those posts to where we have explained our position and included details.
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »
AirNav,

As a gesture of goodwill to those of us that have just (in last month or so) renewed our Network fee, would it not be possible to turn the Years Delayed Network subscription into a Six months Live Network subscription. This would give some of use (like pensioners) a chance to see what it is really like - there is nothing like first hand experience - and also give us the chance to save up to pay the next and subsequent installments.

Regards

MrT

« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2009, 12:37:15 PM »
A
Ok, we are getting overloaded by lots of questions here (which is a good and bad thing :) - Also please note we have also annoyed a few fan of comeptitor products. So any bad behaviour by them or anyone will be mean post is deleted or banned while we handle the more than usual posts and support tickets.

Again let me remind people this is a beta so its not a full release. There are still a few issues and information to be confirmed.

To answer some of the questions below:

2.) Customers making comments about the price and bussiness model should stop. There are many factors to this which are not obvious to customers. Its easy to be arm chair bussiness person.

3.) Customers who are confused after buying. Please read the details on the website, if you purchase you get one years free access to the network. It is then your free will to choose to continue. (This is and has been stated clearly since the launch of RadarBox not something we have hidden)

OK I understand, it is acceptable for you to criticise and insult someone who has bought and uses your equipment "Its easy to be arm chair bussiness person."
Thank you for your constructive support Airnav.
You have made my day, no reasonable answers only insults, thanks

Actually, to be honest, I bought Airnav Suite 3 or was it 4 or something way back in 1998 and was given the same rude treatment (and to be frank, rather crap product) then, as I see happening now.

When I dared to query why the software was 'this or that' the developer (some dude in Portugal) got all upset and we exchanged some rather heated emails.

That was over 10 years ago and I thought this new offering looked good.

I see now nothing has changed. They (airnav) have just got uglier and greedier

vaio

« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2009, 12:38:05 PM »
I made a comment about the airnav business model which dictates squeezing the customer for (to use airnavs euphemism) a 'value' price hike.

Do you use the network today?
Not a thing has changed, you are not being forced into anything, other than you now have an extra option to view traffic in real time, I'd assume from your reply's that is not something of value to you though.

fwiw I rarely use the network feature. The data I would like to see live is available to me via my own radarbox.

tbh if I was even interested in some plane flying half way around the world, a 5 minute delay is not a big deal.
No have not used radarbox for a few weeks.
Do you read the posts? Forced??? I do not talk about forced airnav brought up forced in a non-reply, not me.
re. Value re-read the posts.

vaio

« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2009, 12:43:55 PM »
Too many posts coming in.

Deadcalm - Agree with your post. 3D version has no affect, different dev team.

vaio - Issues with cost have been discussed before (to death in some cases :) ) Please take a look at those posts to where we have explained our position and included details.

Be that as it may, but you had no right to issue ad hominem attack at me then proceed to call me an arm chair businessman,(you do not know what I do for buisness) in fact I would suggest that you apologise for your rudeness.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2009, 12:44:31 PM »
MrT,

As your new you may have missed the discussions. BUT we have been through price and bussiness model question before many times and answered detailed questions on where are costs are going regarding the network. At the end of the day a few customers willing to back down and wanted many items for free. This cannot be done without us going bankrupt.

Please remember you are posting on a forum were we replying every few minutes and a new beta has just been released. That is listening to customers.
[email protected]