anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments  (Read 47659 times)

MrT

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2009, 12:03:40 PM »
Woah!

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Just my immediate thoughts after reading through some of the comments in this discussion from more advanced users.

vaio

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »
Airnav,

I have just plugged my box into my laptop showing 3.1 and it immediately went onto the network showing 815 records. So what can I do. Turning the firewall completely off did not change anything and also chaning the settings to allow outbound and inbound data for the program did not either.

AirNav,

Just an update, after spending 20 minutes looking through all the possible settings in the ESET firewall, and by changing one without really knowing what it would do - I have got the Network back.

Sorry for not believing you when you said it was firewall earlier....:-)

Regards

Mike

hehe ESET firewall can be a bit of a bugger sometimes! I go to advanced settings and edit prog entry to 'ask' then it works ok!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »
Looking at the un-opened box with the $800AUS price sticker on and having read some of these comments,  I'm starting to wonder if I've been taken for a mug.

Maybe It's just as well I haven't yet opened the box.

The product you purchased has not changed unless you want real time network which you knew you were not getting when you purchased. I don't see how they have taken you for a mug?

I agree, now if AirNav had just announced new hardware that made your RadarBox obselete, then you would be right to feel hard done by.  As it is, you can download the free software updates, use your free 12 months of 5 minute delayed Network traffic - or even subscribe to get the real-time data!  Looks like a win-win to me :-)

Free? you paid £400 for the free software...

No, I paid GBP400 for a hardware and software package that I knew would receive through-life support and had the capability of sharing data.  Actually having access to that data is a subscription service and I was well aware of that when I purchased.  The free 12 months is a bonus.

MrT

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2009, 12:07:45 PM »
I'll just be using it for local stuff and not subscribing anyway.

It better be bloody good at that task for $800 bucks or I'll be pissed.

EMA

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »
Woah!

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Just my immediate thoughts after reading through some of the comments in this discussion from more advanced users.

The product you have in the box will work as advertised on the box and with the new beta software you now have extra features.

EMA

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2009, 12:09:13 PM »
I'll just be using it for local stuff and not subscribing anyway.

It better be bloody good at that task for $800 bucks or I'll be pissed.

I am sure you will be happy :-)

Brimon

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2009, 12:09:39 PM »
I have pondered whether to subscribe to the Network , my free time is about up, & was rapidly coming to the conclusion that I wouldn't based on the fact it wasn't live.If ,with this change to live network, there was a compromise between the network cost & the live cost I would consider it,but paying two subscriptions is the killer for me.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

vaio

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2009, 12:13:44 PM »
Looking at the un-opened box with the $800AUS price sticker on and having read some of these comments,  I'm starting to wonder if I've been taken for a mug.

The product you purchased has not changed unless you want real time network which you knew you were not getting when you purchased. I don't see how they have taken you for a mug?

I agree, now if AirNav had just announced new hardware that made your RadarBox obselete, then you would be right to feel hard done by.  As it is, you can download the free software updates, use your free 12 months of 5 minute delayed Network traffic - or even subscribe to get the real-time data!  Looks like a win-win to me :-)

No, I paid GBP400 for a hardware and software package that I knew would receive through-life support and had the capability of sharing data.  Actually having access to that data is a subscription service and I was well aware of that when I purchased.  The free 12 months is a bonus.
That is saying something different than what you did earlier.

I made a comment about the airnav business model which dictates squeezing the customer for (to use airnavs euphemism) a 'value' price hike.

Allocator

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2009, 12:16:17 PM »
I have pondered whether to subscribe to the Network , my free time is about up, & was rapidly coming to the conclusion that I wouldn't based on the fact it wasn't live.If ,with this change to live network, there was a compromise between the network cost & the live cost I would consider it,but paying two subscriptions is the killer for me.

You won't pay 2 subscriptions.  You will either pay for delayed data OR you will pay for real time data at 2 times the cost of the delayed data.  It's not the cost of delayed plus the cost of real-time.  That's how I understand it.

Now, I don't know how the cost will be calculated if you are already paying for delayed data - cancel delayed and subscribe to live?

Allocator

« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »

That is saying something different than what you did earlier.

I made a comment about the airnav business model which dictates squeezing the customer for (to use airnavs euphemism) a 'value' price hike.

Sorry, got to go to work, no time to argue semantics with you - I've got better things to do.

Subscribe or don't subscribe, just please yourself and be happy!

MrT

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2009, 12:18:06 PM »
Can someone just answer my earlier q's as to why all the hype about 5m delay and the 'Security' issue.

Now, suddenly, all is ok. ?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2009, 12:18:57 PM »
Ok, we are getting overloaded by lots of questions here (which is a good and bad thing :) - Also please note we have also annoyed a few fan of comeptitor products. So any bad behaviour by them or anyone will be mean post is deleted or banned while we handle the more than usual posts and support tickets.

Again let me remind people this is a beta so its not a full release. There are still a few issues and information to be confirmed.

To answer some of the questions below:

1.) Free access to the Live network has not been confirmed yet. As mentioned earlier we are discussing whether new customers of RB will be put on the Live or Delayed account. Current customers won't get a year free incase your wondering.

2.) Customers making comments about the price and bussiness model should stop. There are many factors to this which are not obvious to customers. Its easy to be arm chair bussiness person.

3.) Customers who are confused after buying. Please read the details on the website, if you purchase you get one years free access to the network. It is then your free will to choose to continue. (This is and has been stated clearly since the launch of RadarBox not something we have hidden)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

vaio

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2009, 12:20:01 PM »
Can someone just answer my earlier q's as to why all the hype about 5m delay and the 'Security' issue.

Yeah, seem that the security hype has been negated by a lawyer and airnav are free to charge you extra for realtime network...

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »

Do you use the network today?
Not a thing has changed, you are not being forced into anything, other than you now have an extra option to view traffic in real time, I'd assume from your reply's that is not something of value to you though.

fwiw I rarely use the network feature. The data I would like to see live is available to me via my own radarbox.

tbh if I was even interested in some plane flying half way around the world, a 5 minute delay is not a big deal.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2009, 12:21:20 PM »

We have been in talks with our legal team for sometime about this issue and as many of you know it is a grey area. We have explored certain steps and legal team have worked hard to confirm whether its ok. We cannot go into further detail.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]