anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie Issues - Radar Box - Help Please!  (Read 11707 times)

apollomaker

Newbie Issues - Radar Box - Help Please!
« on: April 07, 2017, 04:04:18 PM »
Hello All -- just received by RB last night and hooked it up with latest download software and it appeared to be working fine in that it was showing both HARDWARE and NETWORK traffic alternately on the Interface. I assume this is normal. With just the HARDWARE traffic selected, VIEW ALL selected I was showing as many as 15 or so targets varying in number but plenty there.

Now this morning, I cannot see ANY hardware (local) reception in the INTERFACE even while I am seeing much activity on the MODE S led flashing as usual. If I switch to the network, I am seeing many listings but NOTHING on the hardware presentation. Also when the hardware interface was showing contacts before, I was NOT seeing any planes or logos on the map, EVER. But they do show for network planes. I do not know if this is working right or not.

Everything seems to be hooked up correctly, activity lights on the RB appear to be normal (also seeing GPS light flash about every second). BUT, I have lost my hardware contact interface items --- no presentation even though I have many contacts, as before. I live in a traffic intense area (San Francisco Bay area) so no shortage of local ABS-D/mode S reception.

Hoping my RB is OK, any help much appreciated as to setup or things to check in the software. HELP!!!!

Thanks ---- Bob

Runway 31

Re: Newbie Issues - Radar Box - Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 04:52:22 PM »
Hi Bob,

What OS are you using.  Where did you install to c:\Airnav or programme files?

Regarding the local Myflights, is the Process Hardware box bottom left ticked.  Are you seeing anything on the grid

Check the antenna connections.  Is the antenna able to view the sky?

Regarding silhouettes, logos etc see Rods Radarbox page, http://www.rodbearden.com/RadarBox/Downloads.htm  download what you need into the appropriate folder in the data folder

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 04:58:46 PM »
In addition to Alan:

You can check RB CS by using RB24.com to see if planes are still received and decoded correctly.

https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB300066 use your PGANRB3XXXXX number instead of mine.

further you can check RB CS status Webpage for errors by entering http://radarboxcomstation in your browser

As far as I could figure out the operation with V6.01.001 of ANRB.EXE is still not 100% stable.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 05:05:25 PM »
It looked to my like he has a radarbox as opposed to a comstation.  Can you advise is it a radarbox, a dongle or a comstation you have Bob.

Alan

apollomaker

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »
** UPDATE AND REPLY **
Many thanks for the inputs guys -- most all checks out here in terms of what is selected, etc. What I did find (embarrassing) is that my very agressive VIRUS CHECKER program was causing much of the problem. I disabled it and BAM! --- the system began working OK in terms of showing the hardware detected planes. Guess this should become a warning to all "RB newbies" to check that first (HA!) ---

Still wondering if there is a clean way to turn off the network planes to see only the hardware planes??

Is there anywhere an updated or newer user guide (found the 2008 version) for this newer software --- I am sure a lot has changed in 8-9 years!! It would sure help.

Thanks again for your patience and help ---- Bob

apollomaker

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 05:13:21 PM »
** FOLLOW UP **
I am running OS Win 7 64 bit on this system. Also my unit is a RB ComStation.
Thanks!!!

neroon79

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 05:19:59 PM »
Bob,

if you know how to open a port to allow communication in your firewall it would be port 7009 that has to be opened to find the RBCS.

Further ports are: 40004 and 7879. These ports are used for flight data transfer.

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 05:27:42 PM »
Thanks Bob then V6.00.02 is the version you want, good info regarding the virus checker.  Are you unit no 300086 by any chance?

To kill the network aircraft untick the box bottom left on the network tab screen Get Flights from Radarbox Network

There isn't any updated for the software litrature, just ask.  A new database is available to download each day via File/Database Explorer/Database updates tick all the boxes and Update all Records then press Start Update and you will see a green bar going left to right. when finishes its start process and when finished you will be told to close down and re-start to finish the process.

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »
Hi Alan,

were did you get V6.00.02 as far as I know V6.01.001 is the latest available version.

But it's named ANRB60002Setup.exe in download section.

Ingo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:38:21 PM by neroon79 »
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 05:41:59 PM »
That's were I got it. It states 6.00.02 so I presumed that is correct and the details on the start up screen were not updated??  As the website show 02 I think it is better to state that else people will go looking for 01 and wont find it on the website

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 05:45:54 PM »
In left upper corner of software window it reads: AirNav RadarBox - 6.01.001 - [Germany.ml4]. This will make confusion complete I guess...

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 05:52:15 PM »
Yes confusion reigns.  I went with the website designation as the went 00, 01 and then 02 appeared.  I think someone may have been lazy and failed to re-name anything but the title

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 05:58:47 PM »
I once raised this problem with Andre and therefore we at least got the version incrementing in the filename of the setup files. To get the setup filename consistent with the version name of the installed SW seems to be to difficult to be done.

From now on I'll give the setup filename and the version name after install. Just to be sure.

enough with this off topic talk.

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3

apollomaker

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 07:31:22 PM »
Hi Again All --- well am doing a bit better here now. For the moment, I am down to one issue I cannot find a solution to.

When I am running just processing the hardware data, I cannot get any marks or logos to show on the map display for those planes that are transmitting ADS-B data. The software is getting the position information which I verify my clicking on the 'blue globes' for each plane and the map centers on that aircraft position....but no logo. There must be a simple answer for this.

HELP!!!   Thanks,  Bob

neroon79

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 08:46:23 PM »
If you disable processing of hardware flight by unticking the box and after few seconds you reactivate processing of hardware flights by ticking the box again, the  result is the following:

Map: empty, MyFlights list: empty, Messages Statusfield: 0 Msgs/sec (0)

Link between Software and RBCS died. No way to reactivate it without restart of software. Reason for dying link: unknown (At least for me)

Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

HW:
AirSpy mini @RPi3