AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aircraft type not showing  (Read 7919 times)

Sketco

Aircraft type not showing
« on: July 19, 2015, 07:20:43 PM »
Hi, all. I have recently upgraded to version 5.00.072.
I am experiencing unusual (to me) behaviour in the new version.
 Aircraft types are missing in the aircraft list. I thought this was some function of the received signal/message processing in the radarbox, but I then ran PP Datagrid program and it  shows all aircraft type codes.
An example is EIN27C and EIN 212 (Aer Lingus) both A320's Radarbox shows no a/c type and no silhouette, but PP DATAGRID shows them just fine. There are many like this and my list seems to work fine for a couple of hours or so, then gaps appear as described above.
It's almost like the list is depopulating itself as G-SYLV for example never displays the same way twice with various elements omitted (it is a sky dive Wales aircraft and flies the same route several times a day within easy range of the receiver).
Perhaps there are settings in the new version that need to be checked or something.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers

Runway 31

Re: Aircraft type not showing
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 07:23:53 PM »
Does it show the registrations of the aircraft. Have you updated the database since you upgraded Sketco.

Alan

Sketco

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I have done several updates. Rebooting The program sometimes makes a difference for a while.
Here's a couple of pics from the screen as examples.
in the pics you can see Radarbox shows only the flag and the photo, while PP Datagrid is showing registration G-SYLV, Silhouette, and Aircraft Type (C208)

Sketco

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:01:34 PM »
Here's another Alan.
Virgin Atlantic flight VIR25B
Radarbox shows Flight ID and Logo
PP DATAGRID shows Registration, Flight ID, Silhouette and Logo.
Cheers

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 08:11:08 PM »
Did you upgrade or a full install.  Also where on the computer is RB installed.

Also while you have updated the database, how many records are in your aircraft table

Alan

Sketco

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 08:23:34 PM »
Hi Alan,
If I recall correctly it was a full install. Located in C:/programfiles (x86)/Airnav Systems/Airnav Radarbox 2009/
Cheers

Sketco

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 08:31:49 PM »
Ah, you also asked for aircraft numbers in table?..how do i find that, sorry.

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 08:41:46 PM »
File/Database Explorer/Tables Tab/Aircraft from the drop down list and when selected bottom left of the window should be around 232,000 records but I think you will only be showing 80,000

Alan

Sketco

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 08:44:38 PM »
80,281 Alan. you're a mystic!..LOL
Cheers

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »
You have two instances od RB on your system and your updates are going to the wrong instance.

Two options

1 use windows search to look for all Navdat,db3 files on your computer and move the correct one into the new version. replacing the one in there.

2 The preferred option, uninstall all versions of Radarbox from your computer including manually deleting all orphan files left after the uninstall.  Then download and install the full 5.00.72 version to C:Airnav.  Before deleting save any folders you may want such as logos, silhouettes, photos, my log and replace the ones in the new version when installed.  http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50072Setup.exe

Alan

Sketco

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 09:13:09 PM »
Thanks Alan,
So, to be clear. I save folders I want as you suggested.  I use the uninstal. Then apply setup exe. Do I have to enter the serial number etc details from my original disc? or does that remain in registry and get applied with the new install?

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 09:18:05 PM »
It will remain in the registry.  When you have finished the install, replace your folders as necessary, carry out a database update and you should have 232,000 odd records and your issue will be cured.

Alan

Sketco

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 09:28:30 PM »
Thanks Alan,
I went for the cheap and nasty option. The database update was named NavData.db3.pending. I renamed it (removed the .pending) and replaced the old file. 264,777 now in Aircraft table.
Brilliant. Thank you so much.
Cheers

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 12:47:00 AM »
You have around 30,000 to many but not to worry. Hope it goes well for you.  Which option did you use for the update, use the Update All records option.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:45:31 AM by Runway 31 »

Sketco

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 03:11:46 PM »
Thanks Alan, used the in program update service which delivered a file  78,734KB in size. Still experiencing problems with Aircraft type at this writing, so I'm going for a full install as previously suggested with all orphans removed. Should be plain sailing from there.
Cheers