AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network problems  (Read 2095 times)

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
Network problems
« on: March 05, 2014, 07:54:42 PM »
Hi All,

Is anyone having problems selecting aircraft by way of moving mouse over the mapped aircraft? I'm not having the aircraft change to the next selected but am if not on Network. My system is more than capable to use the network by is freezing and popping up random Access violation boxes..
I'm using windows 7 and never has a problem before. I'm running the latest version of ANRB as an upgrade which has been progressive as they are released.
It's not a big problem, as I can revert back to using my Aeriel only but I've just paid out 100 euros...last week so this is pretty annoying.

Any ideas gratefully received guys,

Have a good evening all.

Best regards Dave.

Best regards Dave.

Runway 31

Re: Network problems
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:01:43 PM »
Has this just started today Dave?

Were you having a problem previous to this as well, if so how was it resolved.

My suggestion would be to uninstall, saving mylog and any other files then reinstall the full V5.00.65 and then upgrade to V5.00.71

Other than that contact support for their assistance

Alan
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 08:12:30 PM by Runway 31 »

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »
Hi Alan,

Many thanks for your reply. I was having the 'hexadecimal' problem recently during the 15 day trial period for the network access but thankfully the guys who worked tirelessly on the fix sorted that one for us all.

So this one is a new problem, it's almost like the network is slowing the PC down which is rather weird as it's a large HD x2 500 gig drives with 3 gigs of ram. I was wondering, does the capacity of the photos folder or logos affect the network if getting too large? Photos are now over 70,000 -  Logos over 15,500 and silhouettes nearly 1400?

I have ANRB installed to a folder on the desktop so that I can edit any area with ease (no virtual stores) - having read your idea, I might download the v5.00.71 in full and setup a new folder, then copy the relevant areas...and run it separately from the original installation, if all works, then remove the original after backing up photos ect.

Could be a long night before work :)

Will let you know Alan,

All the best Dave.
Best regards Dave.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
Dave,

Yes the hexidecimal issue, forgot what is was during your trial. 

I use Windows 7 64bit and have no problems and have installed over 70 beta versions during the testing phase with no network issues

Photos etc will have no impact on the network.

The last full installation is 5.00.65 which can then be upgrade to the current 5.00.71.  I would let it install to its default c:\airnav\radarbox then upgrade to 5.00.65 over the top of it.  Once you are happy then your photo folder etc can be copied across before deleting the original.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:54:55 PM »
Have you had any luck getting this sorted Dave

Alan