anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: resolved one problem created another  (Read 2214 times)

AV61

resolved one problem created another
« on: February 15, 2014, 09:55:55 PM »
hi
I was having problems with the radarbox  disconnecting itself and to cut a long story short I went to a restore point on my pc from last December and the disconnecting problem has vanished.
I then updated to the latest version and then updated the databases.
However now I only have 80 odd thousand  aircraft and not the 111 thousand that I should have
I have searched my PC for NAVDATA.DB3 and I have one that says NavData.DB3 pending
I have not come across one saying pending before and as this is the largest I assume its the one I need
(all of them including this one are located in a virtual store)
the only file not showing in the virtual store appears to be the 80 odd thousand aircraft one as its dated 2009
help required
Nick

AV61

Re: resolved one problem created another
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:44:25 PM »
Further to previous post
I have tried deleting and reloading again but this time loading into c:\airnav
This has got rid of the virtual store problem but the MyLog.Db3 file I saved will not work
If I replace the MyLog.db3 file that is now in the new download.
If I delete and reload  airnav letting it load where it wants to
Then the MyLog.db3 file that I had saved works ok
I then am unable to update the database as in previous post.
So any one how to resolve my first post or how to get MyLog to work if I load without the virtual,store
Sorry for the long post but it's doing my head in
Nick

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 12:24:42 AM »
Hi Nick, I can't help you with the Virtual Store thing, but if you've got RB up and running with 5.00.065, go to File, open Database Explorer and select table aircraft, bottom left corner should show something over 211,000 rows, if not click on the Database Updates tab, select whether to Not update manually changed records or update all records and download latest D/B.  Once downloaded, close RB then Restart and once it's finished doing its thing, use DB Ex again and check A/C rows, hopefully you'll have something around 211,500, I can't remember exact figure, and I can't currently access my RB as my lap-top's HDDs have frozen up or scrambled themselves!  HTH
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:47:38 AM »
Nick,

You mylog isnt working as you must have more than one version and the one you want isnt in the correct place.
I dont know if you are a wee bit confused as it is the NavData.db3 file that holds all the records.  The mylog only holds details of the aircraft you have picked up.

The Navdata.db3 file should be in your Radarbox/Data folder and if you downloaded it today it should be around 50.7Mb in size and have todays date.  If you are not getting 211,809 or thereabouts aircraft your system is looking at the wrong Navdata.db3 file.  The pending file is not the correct one.  Also if your mylog file is not working, the system is looking at the wrong one.  It should be in the data file with the Navdata.db3 file.  There are other Navdata files in the same folder navdaya_backup.db3, Navdata.db3.temp, Navdata.db3.bak.

While you may have used the unistaller to delete previous versions there are always orphan files left behind and these require to be deleted manually.  There will probably be files left in the virtual stores and these will require to be manually deleted.

Alan
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:05:15 AM by Runway 31 »

AV61

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »
Thanks for your replies
I have fingers crossed got it sorted
Not sure how I've done it but
All seems to be working ok
I have 211810 aircraft in the database
Thanks again for all your help
Nick

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 01:56:12 PM »
You got there in the end Nick, well done

Alan

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »
Hi Nick, glad to hear you've got there, just remember to do a D/B Update every few weeks or so.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!