AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I am not very happy  (Read 1714 times)

gonz33

I am not very happy
« on: March 28, 2013, 04:13:30 AM »
Hi, already installed on the roof of the building where I live the antenna rama  radar 5 dB gain, but I am not very happy since I am comparing when the I had before in the window of my room, the difference is not much, I live in Caracas and I'm convince that Caracas is in a Valley surrounded by mountains and hills, but before when I had the antenna on my window I had a range of 50 miles, and now the more that I see is 70 miles, anyway I'm going to wait a day more to compare again.

Runway 31

Re: I am not very happy
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:06:27 AM »
Hi Gonz23,

Being in a valley will make some difference to your 360 degree vision but not too much, you should get better distance on either end of the valley but the sides may be a bit limited but not too much.  On the window sill you would only have had around a 180 degree view at best whereas you will be getting 360 degrees now so I  would expect some difference.  Make sure all your connections between the antenna and the receiver are sound also.  Did you use a good cable as if not you will get some loss.

I think you may be getting more distance than you think.  At this time I am watching DTA702 B767 CS-TFM flying over Barbados and TAM8056 which flew over Caracas and is now over 100 miles away from you.  I have never seen aircraft there before and think it may be coming from you.

It will take some time possibly a week or so before you will see a big difference in your polar diagram, give it time.

Alan
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:25:19 PM by Runway 31 »