anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Various comments  (Read 52670 times)

Runway 31

Re: Various comments
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 04:04:14 PM »
Works OK for me, I presume you are logged in and have an account?

Alan

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
Works fine for me too - you should be using ICAO airport codes.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »
In Pilot View, I'm still bouncing along the ground on the approach, with a final leap before hitting the runway really hard!

Rod
Rod

LoneCrowe

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2012, 07:33:11 PM »
Yeah I had the right airport in there,  CYQG and it did eventually work once I reloaded. 

Still have a question about the coverage.  I listen to my local tower and it misses a LOT of aircraft in my area.  I think it is quite delayed as well.  It still has way more features than the other site.  It just needs some polish and some performance improvements. 

Runway 31

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »
The ASDI data is 5 minutes delayed

Alan

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 11:06:22 PM »
In Pilot View, I'm still bouncing along the ground on the approach, with a final leap before hitting the runway really hard!

Rod

Rod,

This one is on the list to fix. We haven't had a chance to work on this one yet.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »

Still have a question about the coverage.  I listen to my local tower and it misses a LOT of aircraft in my area.  I think it is quite delayed as well.  It still has way more features than the other site.  It just needs some polish and some performance improvements. 

Runway31 is correct -- the ASDI aircraft (green icons) are delayed 5 minutes (by the FAA). So if you are listening to a live scanner, the positions on the website for these non-ADS-B flights will not accurately correspond to what you are listening to on the scanner. Hopefully as we get more ADS-B coverage with RadarBox units and more US ADS-B equipped aircraft, we can start replacing these green icons with yellow (real-time) icons.

Frank

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »
Looking good,great addition,fantastic job team!

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »
3x small points
could the info box on the left have a hide button, or show when a flight is selected?
When a flight has been selected is there a way of cancelling that selection?
I have also lost the tool bar at the top of the screen.
Thanks Guys,  Dave.

Just found the tool bar it does not show except on full screen.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:18:56 PM by anorak »
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

Siddy

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »
Can't login on web page using my email address, logged on here no probs.
Anyone having probs or is it me lol, if so can you send my email password as it won't fails when password reset is clicked
Hi Im Siddy from Leeds, West Yorkshire, Uk

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2012, 04:36:06 AM »
Can't login on web page using my email address, logged on here no probs.
Anyone having probs or is it me lol, if so can you send my email password as it won't fails when password reset is clicked

Hi Siddy,

Are you trying to log into www.radarbox24.com with your www.airnavsystem.com/forum account? If so, this wont work since the two databases are not connected in any way. You will first need to create a new free account on the RadarBox24.com website (you can do so with this link: http://www.radarbox24.com/#signup ).

If you did already create an account with www.RadarBox24.com and still cannot log in, please email me directly ([email protected]) and I will help you with this offline.

EK01

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2012, 11:18:59 AM »
Looking good with just a few of comments :

In the grid can we have the addition of sorting by height ?

Are we going to be able to set up alerts as in the ANRB?

In ANRB I have EZY456K correctly showing the route as LEAL to EGGD but in the Radarbox24 no routing is shown. Will there be a 'database explorer' section that we can go into and make changes/additions ?

Finally, how do I set my home location on the map (not the local airport) as can be done on ANRB. I have gone into 'options' and tried to change the co-ordinates shown but without success.

Runway 31

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:06 PM »
Ian,

The easiest way to change the co-ordinates I found was to zoom into the house on the map and then press the "Use current map position as home location" button

Alan

EK01

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2012, 03:06:52 PM »
Cheers Alan.

It's a learning curve !

EK01

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »
Ian,

The easiest way to change the co-ordinates I found was to zoom into the house on the map and then press the "Use current map position as home location" button

Alan

Done that and it does work however it doesn't seem to apply a marker of some kind on the map or do I have to really zoom in to see any marker which then spoils the map coverage.
The most annoying thing that I am finding is the lack of routes. They are shown on ANRB but not on radarbox 24 for the same flight on many occasions. Is a separate route database being used for the 2 systems and is it just a case of radarbox 24 currently being a beta version only.

EDIT: Also for AN a  possible slight bug in that some aircraft are showing their route details within the box on the map but when you highlight the aircraft concerned the route details do not appear within the details on the left.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:57:15 PM by EK01 »